• Replies 53,787
  • Likes 43

Zananok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Do i need to use the blue card again to update from 2.1 to 2.2 GW?
And if I want to play with my girlfriend online, do i need 2 different game IDs?

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do i need to use the blue card again to update from 2.1 to 2.2 GW?
And if I want to play with my girlfriend online, do i need 2 different game IDs?
No, just replace the Launcher.dat on your 3ds sd card.
And no, they can be the same. But nobody knows if ninty will start banning if they catch 2 or more of the same id online.

Reactions: Zananok

ScarletCrystals

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think what he's asking about does work.

If you have a 6.x emunand on the SD, well that's what's going to boot when you boot emunand.

If you switch the SD card to a 7.x emunand then the 7.x emunand will boot.

ScarletCrystals

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright i am trying to go through all these FAQs and its a bit mindbloggling to a newcomer.

I recently purchased R4 Gold 2014. It will be arriving eventually.

Now i see there is a chance of bricking? I keep reading mixed reviews that you can or cannot be bricked.

Next question is have my 2 3DS updated 3DS1 is updated to the most current and the other is a update or so behind. Will the card not work since its too new of software? The site(s) (so many sites) seems to show its works up to V.1.0-16.

Last will this work with a 2DS? I might buy one of these to use it as a guinea pig and not on my limited edition 3DS.

Thank you for your patience.
Yes, there is a chance of bricking if you use flashcard firmware above 3.0. DO NOT use firmware 3.1, 3.2 etc.
All flashcards will only work with 4.1-4.5 consoles atm. So no to 2DS or any other 3ds updated beyond 4.5 system firmware

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Wait wait wait.

Is updating your emunand as easy as simply booting GW mode and updating from system settings?

You dont have to backup, format, update every time?

So say "Boot Emunand 6.0 > system settings > update to 7.1"

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wait wait wait.

Is updating your emunand as easy as simply booting GW mode and updating from system settings?

You dont have to backup, format, update every time?

So say "Boot Emunand 6.0 > system settings > update to 7.1"
Yes. But always make sure that EmuNAND is compatible with the latest 3DS firmware.

an07her

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why my Mario 3D Land cartridge requires 3.0 firmware (higher than scene dump) and it takes 15 mb more space even when trimmed. Possible revision or bugfixes?

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if people knew what the default firmware for these 3DS's are? I know some of them are already up but wanted to reconfirm on some of them too
[JAPANESE]
The Year of Luigi 3DSLL
Monster Hunter Ailee (SP) White 3DSLL
Monster Hunter Black 3DSLL
Shin Megami Tensei IV 3DSLL
Eevee Edition3 DSLL
Super Robot Wars 3DS LL

[USA]
Animal Crossing 3DSLL (should be 4.5?)
Pikachu 3DSLL (should be 4.3?)

oh, and will Gateway work on JP region or do I hav eto get a specific region one? if so, where can I get a JP version. So much to catch up on...so i guess, what's the most updated info on dumping your own carts, any save sites i can use for gateway, what is this emunand thing (the way it's named, i assume it fakes your firmware version, kind of like a spoofer)

willy101

Trophies
XP
Country
I just bought a 3DS XL and it had 4.4.0 on it. I love it it's great. I'm just trying not to mess anything up. I have Gateway and I want to use the eshop to get Netflix and some other apps. Do I need to update emunand to 7.1? I'm guessing I should do most of the stuff in emunand right? Thanks!

an07her

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a 3DS XL and it had 4.4.0 on it. I love it it's great. I'm just trying not to mess anything up. I have Gateway and I want to use the eshop to get Netflix and some other apps. Do I need to update emunand to 7.1? I'm guessing I should do most of the stuff in emunand right? Thanks!

You need to carefully update emunand first to latest version then you will be able to access eShop. You should do EVERYTHING in Gateway mode. After setting the internet settings from there, when you return to sysnand please remove the internet settings or else it will download update on SysNand and ask you to update.
Remember, when you close the settings app from emunand it goes to sysnand! So you have to go back to GW mode.

willy101

Trophies
XP
Country
You need to carefully update emunand first to latest version then you will be able to access eShop. You should do EVERYTHING in Gateway mode. After setting the internet settings from there, when you
return to sysnand please remove the internet settings or else it will download update on SysNand and ask you to update.
Remember, when you close the settings app from emunand it goes to sysnand! So you have to go back to GW mode.
THanks for the heads up. I'll do that I'm guessing the tutorials for updating emunand to 6.xx still work for updating to the latest?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter