• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Boosted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Changing SD card. Just copy everything off it, and stick it on the new one.
Launcher .dat, just download the latest and replace it.

Emunand can be dealt with one of two ways.

Just use the format emunand option again, let it create fresh, make sure you see gw3d, then just update as normal.

or

Extract emunand from old card using this
https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/
Format emunand with new card to create the partition, then use the above tool to inject your emunand back in, then update to latest version.

I think if you've downloaded anything from eshop, extracting emunand will keep it. Formating and starting fresh will require you to redownload.

As always, make sure it shows GW3D in system settings before using the update option.

Thank you for the answers, ordering my new SD now and will try it out when it arrives!

swordlord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've just downloaded GW Omega 2.7 and replaced the launcher.dat by the new one. I didn't touch anything other than that.

When I logged into the ds profile both screens got all colored (rainbow screen?) and my 3DS became unresponsive. The only thing I could do was spam the power button to force shut it down. Is anyone getting the same glitch?

For some reason, something similar happened to me when emulating Smash Bros., the scene group for the rom is ABSTRAKT. Did I get a bad rom + bad luck with Omega 2.7? Am I cursed or are these things bound to happen?

Edit: Nvm, it worked just fine now. I guess the folder somehow got corrupted and that's what was going on or I really am cursed.

Pablo007

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello guys three little questions:

1. Which exploit does Sky3DS use? I mean why are they able to use latest firmware for their card, and gateway not (yet) ?
2. From which sources does my 2ds get his updates? Is it internet only or even via spotpass, streetpass, game catridges etc?
3. To completely disable updates I would have to disable wifi, spotpass/streetpass, right? .. but whats with the updates stored on the catridges so even on the roms / backups? I just want every fucking possiblity to update the 2ds to get disabled.

Thanks

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi @ paradise, so I got a flashcart today and I'm still uncertain which one it is. I visited the website http://www.r4isdhc.com/r4-download/ and compared the images there to mine. It says 2015 and "real time save" whearas on mine it says smart upgrade and 2014. If you scroll down the card with 2013 on it looks exactly like mine, but on mine the 2014 is a stripe, on the website the 2013 is a cloud.

I'm not sure how to use it on my New 3ds to play ds games. What to do?

lcnxy7ez_jpg.htm

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

You should learn how to browse online, here's the link for your card http://r4isdhc.com.cn/showDownload.asp?id=10

You are supposed to copy the kernel and copy all of the stuff from the rar into the root of your SD card.

The card supports up to V9.2.0-20U and it doesn't work on v9.3 firmware. I guess you are supposed to wait for the new kernel to come out to play on the latest firmware.

Reactions: Fil o_O

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well, yeah, i tried to visit that site several times, but i cannot reach it. if you can reach it, it cannot be down?

screenshot.jpg

or maybe i just need patience...

learning how to browse online really is a valuable asset these days, will look more into that soon :)

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
well, yeah, i tried to visit that site several times, but i cannot reach it. if you can reach it, it cannot be down?

screenshot.jpg

or maybe i just need patience...

learning how to browse online really is a valuable asset these days, will look more into that soon :)

Could be that your ISP is blocking it or DNS issues or something.

Here's the kernel on English http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/74919140/file.html
And here's on German http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/34349372/file.html

Choose w/e you want.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys three little questions:

1. Which exploit does Sky3DS use? I mean why are they able to use latest firmware for their card, and gateway not (yet) ?
2. From which sources does my 2ds get his updates? Is it internet only or even via spotpass, streetpass, game catridges etc?
3. To completely disable updates I would have to disable wifi, spotpass/streetpass, right? .. but whats with the updates stored on the catridges so even on the roms / backups? I just want every fucking possiblity to update the 2ds to get disabled.

Thanks
1. We don't know the details in full yet, but it appears that it is emulating a real card due to some flaw in the way the 3DS determines if a card is genuine or not.

2. Either via the Internet or through game cartridge updates.

3. Disabling wireless altogether will stop any updates from being downloaded in the background, yes. As for cartridges, they will ask you to update and what firmware to update to when you put them in, as far as I am aware there is no way to stop this behaviour.

ll0rT

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, I'm at 9.2 and waiting gateway support. Is there a way to use pokebank without updating to 9.4? When I attempt to access pokebank, it gives me error about terms of service aggreement. Thanks for help :)

Anyone can help? :)

ryouga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just got a Gateway 3DS, I have a 3DS XL and only went online with it once when I got it around April 2013 so I assume its a very old firmware(off top of my head think its a 3x firmware) Wondered the best way to get the card working i.e update to a certain firmware.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Just got a Gateway 3DS, I have a 3DS XL and only went online with it once when I got it around April 2013 so I assume its a very old firmware(off top of my head think its a 3x firmware) Wondered the best way to get the card working i.e update to a certain firmware.
If the firmware is that low then I would suggest looking at this: http://www.eurasia.nu/wiki/index.php/3DS_Games_with_firmware_updates_in_the_4.1_-_4.5_range

Get a game within the 4.0-4.5 range to update it and you'll be able to buy a Gateway immediately and use it without waiting around.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can you give example of what games use that? It says on the FAQ that if I just want to play ROMS all I need is on sysnand and not mess with emunand...

tomodachi life
smash bros
pokemon alpha sapphire & omega ruby.
Shantae and the pirates curse (eshop, but the rom release still uses them).

There are more than just those. They are just what I can remember, but it's pretty safe to say any new releases use the keys.

The faq will be out of date then. Prior to the 7.X keys, you could ignore emunand if all you wanted to do was play roms.

Sabregod

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tomodachi life
smash bros
pokemon alpha sapphire & omega ruby.
Shantae and the pirates curse (eshop, but the rom release still uses them).

There are more than just those. They are just what I can remember, but it's pretty safe to say any new releases use the keys.

The faq will be out of date then. Prior to the 7.X keys, you could ignore emunand if all you wanted to do was play roms.

Damn. I tried running Omega Ruby and it's just black screen. Is it easy to use emunand? I don't wanna mess things up.

Also, are there issues with using microSD as FAT32 and not exfat? Which do you prefer?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A