• Replies 53,793
  • Likes 43

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But i formated my emunand and did the MSET.

So, if i go to the Gateway menu with the Nand.bin on my SD, go to "Restore Emunand" and then the options like NNID will be back? And the exploit of profile DS still will be on my console?
No. We are not understanding each other. I don't have a 3Ds in front of me but I don't think there is a "restore Emuand" option.

You need to restore your sysnand. Then create "format emunand". Then downgrade mset again on your sysnand.

icedzed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If it is a clean save there should not be any problems. I think the problems arise when people modify the saves in such a way it can be considered cheating. Save editing, mods and cheats are not my thing so I am no expert on the matter.

Depending on how you define CFW there are several out there. Palantine, NTR, FBI, KARL, (rxtools?) I am sure to be missing something. There is no full blown gateway replacement and they all have specific and limited uses.

thanks. i was looking for a more stable cfw.. i still have the one working with the L button, it's quite annoying sometime..

Chorjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
. I think you are just limited by the size of your internal card.

I have never seen such a list.

No.[/quote]

Do you mean the SD card it comes with or the internal memory of the 3DS...Thanks for the quick response

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can i restore my MSET on New 3DS 9.0.0-24? Because the option to transfer files over wifi and the NNID don't show anymore, and i dont want use 3DNUS because i seen that some people have bricked their consoles, so i was thinking, is just restore my Nand, or the only way is using 3DNUS?
If you restore the System Settings app in sysNand, you would lose access to the NVRAM/DS Profile exploit, though. If you installed MSET.CIA to the emuNand, then your best options are either restoring a backed up emuNand, or using the 3DNUS tool to get the .cia files to update the System Settings app on emuNand. As long as you're only installing the update files to emuNand, there is no risk of bricking your console, and then you will regain access to those features while in emuNand without losing the ability to use the NVRAM exploit to access the Gateway Launcher. If you really wish to restore your sysNand, the Gateway Launcher does have the ability to restore a backed up sysNand, I believe, but you access it through a button combination (Highlight "Downgrade Console", hold Up on the D+Pad and press A).

fangedup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am so sorry, I know this question has been asked but i wanted to know if a method has come out yet to change the firmware from 7.2. I recently purchased a used 3ds that is on version 7.2. I would really love to mess with all the exploits and what not that are out, but it cannot access the browser until I update. Is there a way that I could update my 3ds directly to 8.1 or something without the use of a game ? Like is there a way to update it through the SD card, or maybe a game that holds the firmware which is significantly cheaper than smash 4? I apologize for the noob question :(

Rafael_ZW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you restore the System Settings app in sysNand, you would lose access to the NVRAM/DS Profile exploit, though. If you installed MSET.CIA to the emuNand, then your best options are either restoring a backed up emuNand, or using the 3DNUS tool to get the .cia files to update the System Settings app on emuNand. As long as you're only installing the update files to emuNand, there is no risk of bricking your console, and then you will regain access to those features while in emuNand without losing the ability to use the NVRAM exploit to access the Gateway Launcher. If you really wish to restore your sysNand, the Gateway Launcher does have the ability to restore a backed up sysNand, I believe, but you access it through a button combination (Highlight "Downgrade Console", hold Up on the D+Pad and press A).

Thanks for the answer....So if use the option of restore using D-Pad Up and A i will lose the exploit or not? Sorry ask again but i am a little confuse about these things :/
And if use the 3DNUS what file i should download to update the MSET, i have a New 3DS US with the firmware 9.0.0-24, and its just boot gateway mode and import the cias through Dev menu? or i have to hold any button?
And sorry again for the "Same questions"

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the answer....So if use the option of restore using D-Pad Up and A i will lose the exploit or not? Sorry ask again but i am a little confuse about these things :/
And if use the 3DNUS what file i should download to update the MSET, i have a New 3DS US with the firmware 9.0.0-24, and its just boot gateway mode and import the cias through Dev menu? or i have to hold any button?
And sorry again for the "Same questions"
It's good to ask questions, and understand the process and everything as much as possible. Especially when you're going to be dealing with your sysNand.

- If you made a sysNand backup before installing mset.cia, then you can restore that backup using the Launcher's menu. This will restore your System Settings app to its previous version, and you would have the features you're looking for again. However, you would no longer have the NVRAM exploit available.
- If you did not make a sysNand backup, you can still download and install the 9.0.0 System Settings app through the 3DNUS tool. You would get .cia files that you import the same way you imported mset.cia, by booting Gateway SysNand Mode (Holding B while highlighting Boot Gateway Mode) and running devmenu. I have seen the Title IDs posted before, but since I haven't actually used the tool, I'm hesitant to give advice on it. There should be plenty of guides and information available, though. Again, you would lose access to the NVRAM exploit.
- If you created your emuNand after installing mset.cia, then your emuNand also has a downgraded System Settings app. In that case, you can use 3DNUS to download the system apps for the latest supported emuNand (9.5.0 for New 3DS) and install those into emuNand, leaving sysNand alone. This would allow you to keep the NVRAM exploit in sysNand, and get the added features in emuNand.

Basically, you cannot have both the NVRAM exploit and the additional features at the same time on one nand. My recommendation is to have the downgraded System Settings on sysNand, and use emuNand for pretty much everything. The emuNand has no use for the NVRAM exploit, and if you're only using sysNand as a stepping stone to get to emuNand, then sysNand has little use for the additional features.

Reactions: Rafael_ZW

WarioBalotelli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

i´m unable to get the new GW 3.2 working. I don´t want to swap cartridges anymore. What am i doing wrong? I´m stuck at:

Reboot console and verify you can now boot into Gateway mode with the classic System Settings DS Profile method.

What is "System Settings DS Profile method"? How can i start it......

fangedup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noobupdate: I thought I solved my problem by purchasing a new copy of Smash 3DS. It allowed me to update directly to 9.2, and I even did a system format right after. It's still not letting me access the internet browser nor is it letting me access the QR Scanner. It wants me to perform a system update still. What am I supposed to do?

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

i´m unable to get the new GW 3.2 working. I don´t want to swap cartridges anymore. What am i doing wrong? I´m stuck at:

Reboot console and verify you can now boot into Gateway mode with the classic System Settings DS Profile method.

What is "System Settings DS Profile method"? How can i start it......
The "System Settings DS Profile method" is an alternate entry point to the launcher. You might have seen it go by the names "mset", "NVRAM profile", or a couple other things. You mentioned swapping cartridges, so I'm assuming you are using a New 3DS and using Zelda or Cubic Ninja to enter the launcher currently. If you have followed all the steps correctly, then you should be able to boot into Gateway Mode by selecting System Settings > Profile > Nintendo DS Profile. If the red card is in, you'll automatically boot into emuNand in Gateway Mode. You can still bring up the menu by holding L when selecting "Nintendo DS Profile" if you need to, without taking out the red card.

Noobupdate: I thought I solved my problem by purchasing a new copy of Smash 3DS. It allowed me to update directly to 9.2, and I even did a system format right after. It's still not letting me access the internet browser nor is it letting me access the QR Scanner. It wants me to perform a system update still. What am I supposed to do?
Game card updates do not include updates to the browser. Since the current version is 9.7, there is still an update that it's going to nag you to instal, but you want to avoid that at all costs. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to go about getting an exploitable version of the browser onto a system that's never had one, so I'll have to wait until someone else responds, but I wanted to make sure you know to not update any further.

fangedup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "System Settings DS Profile method" is an alternate entry point to the launcher. You might have seen it go by the names "mset", "NVRAM profile", or a couple other things. You mentioned swapping cartridges, so I'm assuming you are using a New 3DS and using Zelda or Cubic Ninja to enter the launcher currently. If you have followed all the steps correctly, then you should be able to boot into Gateway Mode by selecting System Settings > Profile > Nintendo DS Profile. If the red card is in, you'll automatically boot into emuNand in Gateway Mode. You can still bring up the menu by holding L when selecting "Nintendo DS Profile" if you need to, without taking out the red card.

Game card updates do not include updates to the browser. Since the current version is 9.7, there is still an update that it's going to nag you to instal, but you want to avoid that at all costs. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to go about getting an exploitable version of the browser onto a system that's never had one, so I'll have to wait until someone else responds, but I wanted to make sure you know to not update any further.

Dang :( Thanks for the quick response

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang :( Thanks for the quick response
Happened to be on just now, saw that you just posted, and wanted to make sure you got a response of "Don't do the update" before anything happened. I wish I had more info for you, but I'm sure someone else will be able to help out soon. You might be stuck relying on Cubic Ninja/Zelda for your initial install, though. Do you have an Old 3DS or a New 3DS?

decreech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a noob to the 3DS scene, my questions:

I have a New 3DS with 9.0.
I would like to enjoy my backups e.g. Smash 3DS which I have lying around.
I travel a lot and don't want to take many cartridges with me.
I own Cubic Ninja.

What are my options?
Gateway 3DS or Sky3DS I think.

Sky3DS sounds simple but is expensive. Also online play might be a problem without private headers.
Gateway 3DS is cheaper.

What I don't understand about Gateway, the thing about emulated NAND and system NAND.
Do I need to create an emulated NAND to create/enjoy backups etc.?
If I set up a Gateway 3DS right now, what can I do if Nintendo supplies FW 9.7 but emuNAND only works up to 9.5 on N3DS? Will I even be able to update to EmuNAND 9.5?
Can I still enjoy the most recent games as roms on the EmuNAND 9.5? Can I play original cartridges on EmuNAND?

What is the SysNAND for while I'm using Gateway? Can I revert to the original state on the N3DS?

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question..

I'm using rxTools and playing around with emuNAND. What system apps/files are deletable? I'm wondering if it would make my homescreen's startup time a little faster, and even if it doesn't, I'd like to get rid of junk anyway simply so I don't have to look at it, even in a folder off in the far corner.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a noob to the 3DS scene, my questions:

I have a New 3DS with 9.0.
I would like to enjoy my backups e.g. Smash 3DS which I have lying around.
I travel a lot and don't want to take many cartridges with me.
I own Cubic Ninja.

What are my options?
Gateway 3DS or Sky3DS I think.

Sky3DS sounds simple but is expensive. Also online play might be a problem without private headers.
Gateway 3DS is cheaper.

What I don't understand about Gateway, the thing about emulated NAND and system NAND.
Do I need to create an emulated NAND to create/enjoy backups etc.?
If I set up a Gateway 3DS right now, what can I do if Nintendo supplies FW 9.7 but emuNAND only works up to 9.5 on N3DS? Will I even be able to update to EmuNAND 9.5?
Can I still enjoy the most recent games as roms on the EmuNAND 9.5? Can I play original cartridges on EmuNAND?

What is the SysNAND for while I'm using Gateway? Can I revert to the original state on the N3DS?
In the scheme of things the price I find the price difference between the two inconsequential.
Sysnand is the factory firmware, emunand is a copy that runs off the mSD card and allows you to update it to later versions for features and compatibility while maintaining sysnand for the exploit. While technically emunand is not required there is little reason not to use it. Currently it can be up to 9.5 on the n3DS. A feature of gateway, firmware spoofing, allows games to run on lower firmwares. 9.6 introduced new encryption that has not been broken yet, but is not a problem currently for games and will likely not be for some time. This is a small concern but a real one for the future. Gateway has always come through in the past and that is the most anyone can say about it. Neither card is risk free or absolutely future proof. So far the mouse has always won, but the cat may sooner or later. :)

You can easily upgrade emunand to 9.4 with a rom or 9.5 with a few online methods. All current games will run even on Emunand 9.0 currently with the spoofing, although higher is needed for amiibo support. "Classic mode" allows you to run retail carts without updating sysnand.

Gateway is the far better choice if you have an exploitable firmware like you do. The chips on Sky are not updatable so if Ninty blocks it, game over for future fw updates. Yes you can always revert to the original state.

Currently there is a recycled exploit that goes by many names such as Mset and DS profile that allows you to enter the exploit without any carts other than the gateway once set up. Although playing DS mode games as an kick you out and require cubic ninja or Oot to get you back in. You travel so a small case with a few card slots would come in handy so you are never caught with your pants down. They cost about $10

Reactions: 2Hack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe