• Likes 43

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the method for playing games that require an update?
I have an O3DS on 9.2 and an O3DS XL on 4.4 sysNAND and 9.2 emuNAND. I want to play Yokai Watch, but the cart says it needs 9.9 to be played.
I have a gateway red card.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an O3DS on 9.2 and an O3DS XL on 4.4 sysNAND and 9.2 emuNAND. I want to play Yokai Watch, but the cart says it needs 9.9 to be played.
you need to update emunand if you want to play it you can do so from the settings app in emunand just make sure you are in emunand and once you open settings app (in emunand) go directly to the update option
ok ill do the gateway, you got a link to how to unbrick? wanna book mark for just in case
you wont brick and again if there is any sort of brick from this process then it would only effect ds mode and to fix it (uninstall mset) all you need to do is play a ds game (or dsiware game)

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: BORTZ

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Download the latest gateway files first and replace launcher.dat. Then update. If you update first then replace the launcher you can have problems.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so whats the best/current guide for the MSET? i was planning on using the official gateway guide, if i follow the steps on that i should be right yeah?
Yes the gateway guide is what you need. Once you have downgraded settings and can successfully launch the gateway menu, run the ROP of the CFW you want to use and make sure to have the right files on your SD card, then use the DS profile exploit and your chosen CFW will launch.

Reactions: BORTZ

cid xiv

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Download the latest gateway files first and replace launcher.dat. Then update. If you update first then replace the launcher you can have problems.

Yes the gateway guide is what you need. Once you have downgraded settings and can successfully launch the gateway menu, run the ROP of the CFW you want to use and make sure to have the right files on your SD card, then use the DS profile exploit and your chosen CFW will launch.

run the ROP?

D13PLZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was updating to 9.2 and left the house while it completed. When I returned home, it was black screens with but power light still on. It wouldn't turn off without holding off for awhile and trying to turn it back on just brings the black screens. Anything I can do or is it junk now?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
i got an old cyclods evo from before the dsi came out would that work?
I think probably not - if it has ever worked on the 3DS (e.g. maybe it worked up to 2.x and got blocked on 3.x) then you can edit the white list (by installing bluecardfix.cia) and have all previously blocked flashcarts work. But if it never worked even on 1.0.0 then sadly it won't be able to be unblocked.

Was updating to 9.2 and left the house while it completed. When I returned home, it was black screens with but power light still on. It wouldn't turn off without holding off for awhile and trying to turn it back on just brings the black screens. Anything I can do or is it junk now?
How did you update it? If you updated in rxMode (instead of devMode or pasta) or used bigbluemenu instead of sysupdater, it will be bricked :-( but you can restore your NAND.bin backup with a bit of soldering (or send it to someone here who can do it for you for a fee).

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you'll need to use pasta. That guide is probably outdated - if a tutorial thread hasn't had any activity in the last two weeks probably best to look for a different one. To install mset on your new 3DS, follow the gateway guide (PDF on their site) up to downgrading system settings and installing mset. Except, then use the cakes ROP instead of the gateway one (the nds file for your ds flashcart, or there are other ways if you don't have a ds flashcart) and have all the cakes files in their correct places on your SD card.

To find slot key/firmware.bin, I guess just do some general searching. If you pm me your email address I will email you mine once I get home.
Alright, I will do a bit more digging. Thank you for the kind offer.

Thank you for the guide. Hopefully this will clear up some of the mud in the installation instructions included with the CakesFW release post.

Reactions: Quantumcat

D13PLZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think probably not - if it has ever worked on the 3DS (e.g. maybe it worked up to 2.x and got blocked on 3.x) then you can edit the white list (by installing bluecardfix.cia) and have all previously blocked flashcarts work. But if it never worked even on 1.0.0 then sadly it won't be able to be unblocked.

How did you update it? If you updated in rxMode (instead of devMode or pasta) or used bigbluemenu instead of sysupdater, it will be bricked :-( but you can restore your NAND.bin backup with a bit of soldering (or send it to someone here who can do it for you for a fee).

I was in Dev mode following this guide at the bottomish of page https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

If it is bricked can u link me to the soldering guide? Or who I can get to do it for me, I it worth paying someone plus shipping? I've soldered before just not a lot.

Last edited by D13PLZ,

raylgo

Trophies
XP
Country
If you don't have a browser DON'T update past 4.x with a game cartridge. Install rxtools, then update using the 9.2 cia files using devMode and sysupdater. (If you don't you will brick) follow this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...om-4-1-8-1-to-9-2-0-20-with-pasta-cfw.389187/

If you update with a game cartridge it will be really hard to do any more hacks as most require a browser. It's only on 4.x that you can do nearly everything you want with no browser.

Damn I just realized brave default went and made my 3ds 6.2.0... Can I still follow the guide you posted?

Last edited by raylgo,

raylgo

Trophies
XP
Country
6.x as well but the steps will be different . . . but thats another story

So I can follow the guide to install pasta cfw, use it to upgrade to 9.2.0, then install rxtools? (or keep using pasta cfw) wouldn't know the difference anyway...

I am currently on 6.2.0u with no browser...

Last edited by raylgo,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So I can follow the guide to install pasta cfw, use it to upgrade to 9.2.0, then install rxtools? (or keep using pasta cfw) wouldn't know the difference anyway...

I am currently on 6.2.0u with no browser...
I forgot there's mset for rxtools on 6.x. I think you can do it with no browser, if you have a working DS flashcart: check out the big rxtools tutorial thread. The section for installing mset is way down the bottom, about the third last section.

Edit: didn't see wormdood's post when I replied but yeah go to his link.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

raylgo

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure how to follow the rxtools guide since I can't use the browser without updating through WiFi... And I know that's one of the things I shouldn't do.

Feel like I'm stuck in a catch 22... Don't know where to start from since I don't have the browser available...

Last edited by raylgo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    light27 @ light27: oh it’s the least I could do +1