• Replies 53,793
  • Likes 43

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT:
Followed a different guide and installed 0004013800000102 (TWL_FIRM) v1489 and that seems to have done the job. (at least in the limited testing I have done thus far)

Hi guys,
got a bit of a noob question.
I've got a o3dsXL at 9.2.0-20 (non-downgrade) that I'm trying to downgrade the DS whitelist on to use a gateway blue card (ds mode flashcart) on but it doesnt seem as easy as I would have thought.
I've uninstalled title 0004800F484E4841 via FBI (then tried without the title installed and nothing), installed version 0 from 3DSNUS1.9 (and still doesnt work).
Am I doing something wrong, or am I meant to install something else too?
Cheers

Last edited by overlord00,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys,
got a bit of a noob question.
I've got a o3dsXL at 9.2.0-20 (non-downgrade) that I'm trying to downgrade the DS whitelist on to use a gateway blue card (ds mode flashcart) on but it doesnt seem as easy as I would have thought.
I've uninstalled title 0004800F484E4841 via FBI (then tried without the title installed and nothing), installed version 0 from 3DSNUS1.9 (and still doesnt work).
Am I doing something wrong, or am I meant to install something else too?
Cheers
Try installing the one included with the Gateway download. It's in the Blue Card Fix folder.

overlord00

Trophies
XP
Country
Try installing the one included with the Gateway download. It's in the Blue Card Fix folder.
Thanks for the suggestion, but as per my edit, I've installed a previous TWL_FIRM and it all looks good for now.

New question though, if I may?
Is there a way to adjust the DS PROFILE information? Via the settings you can only change the color and message, not the name or date.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the suggestion, but as per my edit, I've installed a previous TWL_FIRM and it all looks good for now.

New question though, if I may?
Is there a way to adjust the DS PROFILE information? Via the settings you can only change the color and message, not the name or date.
The name and date are shared with the 3DS profile.

overlord00

Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT:
You're right. I just changed my 3DS profile info and it changed the DS profile info too.
Cheers for all the help and suggestions

I think what happened is I tried testing this flash cart with whatever I had on there, and what I had on there was a ROP chain loader that overwrote the ds profile with information from a different profile.
Now they do not match up.

Last edited by overlord00,

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question with The new Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow games.
I dl the legit versioin from that iso site. That site mentioned to get pass the 3ds loading screen, you need to repair the game via eshop.

My question is how do to you repair via eshop? Found this, but stuck at step 5, as I can't find any legit games I instailed via FBI, which make sense really. So how would I repair eshop?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question with The new Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow games.
I dl the legit versioin from that iso site. That site mentioned to get pass the 3ds loading screen, you need to repair the game via eshop.

My question is how do to you repair via eshop? Found this, but stuck at step 5, as I can't find any legit games I instailed via FBI, which make sense really. So how would I repair eshop?
Go right to the page for the games on eShop. It should say downloaded at the bottom of the bottom screen. Scroll all the way down the page until you see repair software. Click it. It'll scan the game and say there's nothing wrong, but it'll ask you if you want to repair it anyway. Press ok. The game should redownload. Done!

Reactions: YyAoMmIi

TheLemurLord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New guy here. Have a 2DS with 9.2 sysNAND, 10.6 emuNAND, and a Gateway. I have some questions.

-If I have an eShop code for a free download, could I log onto the eShop and download it onto emuNAND like normal?

-Is there anything specific that I cannot do on emuNAND for whatever reason? Like run the browser, YouTube app, etc.?

-Nintendo can only detect headers while I am actively running a ROM online, right? They can't detect my Gateway when I'm doing other stuff?

-Is there a fix for Homebrew Channel and anything launched through it randomly crashing during startup? Or is this just unavoidable?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New guy here. Have a 2DS with 9.2 sysNAND, 10.6 emuNAND, and a Gateway. I have some questions.

-If I have an eShop code for a free download, could I log onto the eShop and download it onto emuNAND like normal?

-Is there anything specific that I cannot do on emuNAND for whatever reason? Like run the browser, YouTube app, etc.?

-Nintendo can only detect headers while I am actively running a ROM online, right? They can't detect my Gateway when I'm doing other stuff?

-Is there a fix for Homebrew Channel and anything launched through it randomly crashing during startup? Or is this just unavoidable?
Yes, you can use the code to download from the eShop on emuNAND like normal.

Everything you can do on sysNAND, you can do on emuNAND.

As far as I know, they can't detect the Gateway at all. They can only detect that you have the same header as somebody else if you're using a public one.

The Homebrew Launcher doesn't have a 100% successful bootrate, sometimes it will fail to boot.

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, this is really frustrating. Not having wifi and living in a small town sucks hard sometimes.

Is there a way to do an initial setup with RXtools using browser hax via local files on the 3ds? Like how you can point your PC to say a PDF in a folder and it will open?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ugh, this is really frustrating. Not having wifi and living in a small town sucks hard sometimes.

Is there a way to do an initial setup with RXtools using browser hax via local files on the 3ds? Like how you can point your PC to say a PDF in a folder and it will open?

You can, but that's not for the average user.

Most hacks require an internet connection, and the one that doesn't (off the top of my head) is OoThax.

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can, but that's not for the average user.

Most hacks require an internet connection, and the one that doesn't (off the top of my head) is OoThax.

I'm fine with that. To order a new router or OOT would take 2 weeks to get to my current location. I have already tried using another wireless adapter as an ad-hoc network but the 3ds refuses to connect to ad-hoc networks even though other devices can just fine. If you can point me in the direction of using broswer hax via local files I'd be grateful, I'm pretty good with tech and anything I don't know how to do google gets me through it pretty well.

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi. My 3DS XL is on 10.5.0-30U. I want to hack my 3DS in order to play backups. Is this possible with my current firmware?

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
'Hack'as in, install a CFW? Without a hard-mod? No

Alright. I asked this on another topic and was directed here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-har...of-native_firm-from-10-4-10-5-to-10-2.412836/

this was my original topic: https://gbatemp.net/threads/one-simple-question-is-my-3ds-xl-hackable.416700/#post-6119153

(maybe having a seperate topic open wasn't needed but I figured i'd ask anyhow.) so I am having a bit of difficulty wrapping my head around this. As you can see from my topic I say my firmware version which is 10.5.0-30U. does that "hardmod" thing allow me to downgrade so I can install CFW?

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Alright. I asked this on another topic and was directed here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-har...of-native_firm-from-10-4-10-5-to-10-2.412836/

this was my original topic: https://gbatemp.net/threads/one-simple-question-is-my-3ds-xl-hackable.416700/#post-6119153

(maybe having a seperate topic open wasn't needed but I figured i'd ask anyhow.) so I am having a bit of difficulty wrapping my head around this. As you can see from my topic I say my firmware version which is 10.5.0-30U. does that "hardmod" thing allow me to downgrade so I can install CFW?
Yes. First take a look at this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/

Then decide whether you can do it/or have someone else do it for you. If you're not experienced with soldering, I suggest you don't do it by yourself.

loopy1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

I am looking for a flashcard for the Nintendo 2DS.
I don't need much features like real time sav, the most important things are playing the games and a cheat function.
Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, how exactly do I go about formatting emunand in rxtools? I have updated sysnand to 9.2 and rxtools emunand is still on 4.2 and I want to redo it with 9.2 emunand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe