• Replies 53,804
  • Likes 43

wewe7144

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Im now at the part where I need to downgrade to 9.2.0. the PlaiSysUpdater seems to have an error quite a number of times. Whats the amount of tries usually needed to make a successful downgrade.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm back with a really special question.
With my friend, we're done with .cia installing and all the stuff (me a9lh, him SysNAND + RedNAND)

We're both old users of SaveDataFiler and to be honnest, I don't know if JKSM is better... Both for cia installation of course, so what is the best ?
And JKSM is compatible with Secure Value / SaveDataFiler's saves ?

Thanks o/

I guess it's subjective. I am a SaveDataFiler user, and I'm just used to how it backups and restores my saves. I tried JKSM, and I didn't like it, though for some people it may be better, as you get to name the folder it gets save to. Just install it and see if you like it. Also, JKSM should allow you to erase secure values, and yeah, they should be compatible with SaveDataFiler saves.

Edit: JKSM automatically deletes//erases secure values. So there's that.

Im now at the part where I need to downgrade to 9.2.0. the PlaiSysUpdater seems to have an error quite a number of times. Whats the amount of tries usually needed to make a successful downgrade.

As many as it takes. Also, what's your entry point into HBL? That could also have something to do with it.

Last edited by Temptress Cerise,
Reactions: Rick Astley

wewe7144

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
As many as it takes. Also, what's your entry point into HBL? That could also have something to do with it.[/QUOTE]

Im using Menuhax because im 100% folowwing the plailect guide.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I guess it's subjective. I am a SaveDataFiler user, and I'm just used to how it backups and restores my saves. I tried JKSM, and I didn't like it, though for some people it may be better, as you get to name the folder it gets save to. Just install it and see if you like it. Also, JKSM should allow you to erase secure values, and yeah, they should be compatible with SaveDataFiler saves.

As many as it takes. Also, what's your entry point into HBL? That could also have something to do with it.

Jksm deletes the secure value automatically. The user doesn't need to do anything

wewe7144

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
It seems im stuck with a partial downgrade, the guide tell me to start from the beginning, does it mean from part 2 or from all the way back from part 1

VampireZio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems im stuck with a partial downgrade, the guide tell me to start from the beginning, does it mean from part 2 or from all the way back from part 1

I am not an expert but I read it as restarting from part 2 as part one mostly dealt with getting into the homebrew menu.

wewe7144

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I am not an expert but I read it as restarting from part 2 as part one mostly dealt with getting into the homebrew menu.
It seems whenever I tried to go back into the HBL, with my sd card inserted it will not boot at all and I gotta reboot it. So, I decided to to HBL through browser hax and re-install and configure the menuhax and go back to the HBL. I stopped there cuz I want to ask whether I should continue the downgrade or do something else?

Last edited by wewe7144,

Deleted member 386348

local death grips enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Hi,
I've a friend with a N3DS XL with a 10.7E (so last firmware) and he would like to downgrade to 9.2. I'm helping him but now he has some problem :
He uses OOTHax in order to downgrade, the downgrade works very well, and when he wants to reboot, he has an error message (the Nintendo one), and same every time he wants to turn on the 3DS.
But with the Safe Mode he can go back to the 10.7 and try again.

He has a NNID on it, he had custom themes on it (even he formated the SD Card) and custom badges. But he deleted everything from the SD card + Badge Arcarde from the 3DS.
Can he format the 3DS in order to have a brand new 3DS after getting back to the 10.7 firmware ?

Thanks o/
Use TinyFormat.

wewe7144

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
It seems whenever I tried to go back into the HBL, with my sd card inserted it will not boot at all and I gotta reboot it. So, I decided to to HBL through browser hax and re-install and configure the menuhax and go back to the HBL. I stopped there cuz I want to ask whether I should continue the downgrade or do something else?
I downgraded after doing that and I think it went fine since it said it will reboot in 10 seconds and it did. I assume its fine to go on then.

DragLeben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I've just successfully hacked my Japanese o3DS with a9lh, but I'm currently having problems with my Friend List and Notifications.
Every time I exit either of them it just freezes on the HOME Menu splash screen. Is there some way to fix this?

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey everyone, how it is going?
Stupid question just to be sure I don't screw anything up: I gotta update the emunand of my 3ds,
but I have a franken-firmware right now (I did aeons ago to be able to play Final Fantasy Explorers online).
My question is: Can I safely update the fw with sysupdater or I gotta first restore the FW to an original one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, The response from the page said it had too many connections. So perhaps, flooded traffic?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, it didnt say that for me
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, It only shows that if you do 'View Source', right below that it'll tell you the SQL response query. I feel like a nerd lol.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But for everyone, it said unexpected database error.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just said database error for me
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she said it only said "too many connections" when you view the source
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna try to actually beat touhou 6
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Have fun.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i recall playing some hard undertale fangames way before playing touhou, like the genocide asgore fangame or the mettaton neo 2.0 one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    so atleast im already kinda used to bullet hell games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and yea i played both undertale and deltarune too although those are a piece of cake compared to any touhou game
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aaaaaaannnnnnd i already lost all my continues
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only set three default lives btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz of score
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i think i first should focus more on beating the game rather than obtaining a high score
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    -deleted-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop ctrl cing me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, here ctrl-Z
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ctrl u 2 u
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, that turned my tv channel, you got powers
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The fbi will be knocking on your door soon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They all went mad after looking at my browser history
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: They all went mad after looking at my browser history