• Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

daddie05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! I was finally trying to finish up my 3ds tonight, but I encountered another issue on Part 4

"If your RedNAND / EmuNAND has been updated to version 11.0.0 or higher, you must either put the NTR firmware.bin from part 5 into the /luma/ folder or restore your EmuNAND from a backup of an older version to be able to downgrade. This is because 11.0.0's FIRM broke downgrading."

So I launched emunand and tried to restore since I updated to FW 11. What are my options bc I am not sure which "NTR firmware" this guide is referring to. Is it the firmware.bin in part 3 that i need to put in the luma folder? Thanks!
I'm an idiot. I just read the instructions over this morning and all I needed to do was grab the firmware.bin file from part 5 and replace it with the old firmware in the Luma folder. [emoji2]

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble obtaining the special Darkrai via gamestop code. I have a jpn arm9 console with the latest firmware (11.0.0-33), latest nightly LUMA build, working homebrew launcher, and an update 1.5 cia installed. The game is actually a US Pokemon Y cart.

When I boot without HANS, I can enter the code, but i get an error saying that I can't receive the gift. When I try again forcing the region US with HANS, I get a 002-0120 error code. I think its an "update needed" error.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble obtaining the special Darkrai via gamestop code. I have a jpn arm9 console with the latest firmware (11.0.0-33), latest nightly LUMA build, working homebrew launcher, and an update 1.5 cia installed. The game is actually a US Pokemon Y cart.

When I boot without HANS, I can enter the code, but i get an error saying that I can't receive the gift. When I try again forcing the region US with HANS, I get a 002-0120 error code. I think its an "update needed" error.
Are you using the latest nightly luma build? That should fix the error 002-0120.
Link: http://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/

Reactions: emuashui and BORTZ

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
If I'm right, you've a problem with your SD Card (Full)

I've a little question about .cia and CIAngel. I've always used .cia, installed everything, but now i've to admit it's a pain to find the right .cia in the right website. So i'm thinking to use CIAngel for Updates (and yes DLC) but I don't want to do a bad move. I'm quite lost with that; Any advice ?

Edit : Another question. I've my O3DS Blue with rxtools (old version REALLY) but with a NNID on my EmuNAND. Can I transfer in a ESAY WAY (aka not transfering EVERYTHING) it to my a9lh N3DS ?

Thank you

I bump this we never know haha.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm right, you've a problem with your SD Card (Full)

I've a little question about .cia and CIAngel. I've always used .cia, installed everything, but now i've to admit it's a pain to find the right .cia in the right website. So i'm thinking to use CIAngel for Updates (and yes DLC) but I don't want to do a bad move. I'm quite lost with that; Any advice ?

Edit : Another question. I've my O3DS Blue with rxtools (old version REALLY) but with a NNID on my EmuNAND. Can I transfer it to my a9lh N3DS ?

Thank you
Never used CIAngel or any of those programs, but if it's just for updates and DLC, so long as the tickets exist and have been shared, then I don't see why they'd give you any problems, apart from titles that require the 9.x crypto key, but as far as I know, the way to fix that is to just visit the eshop page for that game and it's fixed.

As for your second question, you'd need to do a system transfer to transfer over the NNID. If the NNID isn't what you want, but all the other content, you'd have to do a manual system transfer.
Details: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-manual-system-transfer-for-saves-content.388033/

That did the trick! I didn't really think it would, but it totally did!
That's really good to hear! :)

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Never used CIAngel or any of those programs, but if it's just for updates and DLC, so long as the tickets exist and have been shared, then I don't see why they'd give you any problems, apart from titles that require the 9.x crypto key, but as far as I know, the way to fix that is to just visit the eshop page for that game and it's fixed.

As for your second question, you'd need to do a system transfer to transfer over the NNID. If the NNID isn't what you want, but all the other content, you'd have to do a manual system transfer.
Details: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-manual-system-transfer-for-saves-content.388033/

Thanks for your answer, nice as always o/ !

For CIAngel it's more downloading from Nintendo servers, i'm really feeling guilty about that (and thinking about the risks if Nintendo spots this :c Even for DLC and Updates), for the crypto i've seen that this could be easily fix'd yep, but it's more about moral stuff :/

And yep, i've seen that i can do a system transfer for that... But I really don't want to bring all my stuff sadly. I just want my NNID because of the saves of Rumble World / Shuffle haha X_X
I think i'll deal without that sadly :c

Thanks o/

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install A9LH and I'm at the point where I'm downgrading the emuNand/RedNand to 2.1.0. I've tried it 5 times now and I'm starting my 6th. Is that normal? I know the guide says it can take many tries, but it is annoying having to wait for emunand to restore and wait for the downgrade to fail over and over again. The error I get is the normal "An error has occurred" on the bottom screen after about 5-6 minutes of the downgrade procedure.

I'm patient enough to keep trying, but how long do I try before we decide something else went wrong?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install A9LH and I'm at the point where I'm downgrading the emuNand/RedNand to 2.1.0. I've tried it 5 times now and I'm starting my 6th. Is that normal? I know the guide says it can take many tries, but it is annoying having to wait for emunand to restore and wait for the downgrade to fail over and over again. The error I get is the normal "An error has occurred" on the bottom screen after about 5-6 minutes of the downgrade procedure.

I'm patient enough to keep trying, but how long do I try before we decide something else went wrong?
Is the firmware.bin from the Luma3DS NTR Firmware zip inside your /luma/ folder on your SD card?

SonikkuTheGreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there optimal settings for the NTR CFW streaming capability? I'm seeing people run Bravely Second at a constant 60 FPS using it, but I barely get 30 FPS, even when I'm right next to my Verizon router.

intromission

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I see this is where the newb questions go, so I know I'm in the right place. I've done my share of modding/hacking on different computers/devices/consoles but the 3ds world is completely new to me. I'm interested in picking up a EUR N3DS as the Animal Crossing Bundle never really interested me. In my research I've finally come across a way to do it, I think? Using luma3ds? Is that right? My main question aside from confirmation that I would indeed then be able to play any U.S. games without issue on the EUR model is are there any other things needed aside from the files and an sd card? This method does not require one of these flash cartridges right? Thanks guys.

Last edited by intromission,

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still working on A9LH, but I think something went horribly wrong.

I got A9LH installed, booted into the Luma menu, booted into Decrypt9 and restored the RedNand backup to sysNand according to the guide. Now I can only boot into sysnand. And it is version 11.0.0. If I boot holding down, start, select, X, Y, or anything else it just boots into 11.0.0 sysnand.

What are my options now? I just spent several hours working on this and all it did was update my sysnand to 11.0.0.

edit:

I have a 9.2.0 sysnand backup, is there any way to restore that other than a hardmod? I see OoThax and Ninjhax still work, but I know nothing about them so I'm not sure what they are capbable of.

Last edited by NoSmokingBandit,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I see this is where the newb questions go, so I know I'm in the right place. I've done my share of modding/hacking on different computers/devices/consoles but the 3ds world is completely new to me. I'm interested in picking up a EUR N3DS as the Animal Crossing Bundle never really interested me. In my research I've finally come across a way to do it, I think? Using luma3ds? Is that right? My main question aside from confirmation that I would indeed then be able to play any U.S. games without issue on the EUR model is are there any other things needed aside from the files and an sd card? This method does not require one of these flash cartridges right? Thanks guys.
There's a guide for setting up Arm9loaderhax (and Luma) here. It'll cover everything you'll need to do. Yes, you will be able to play games regardless of region. If the firmware of the N3DS you receive is above 10.5, you'll need one of the games to launch *hax (and PowerSaves if the game isn't Cubic Ninja). Other than that, all you'll need is the SD card. You will not need a flash cart.

Still working on A9LH, but I think something went horribly wrong.

I got A9LH installed, booted into the Luma menu, booted into Decrypt9 and restored the RedNand backup to sysNand according to the guide. Now I can only boot into sysnand. And it is version 11.0.0. If I boot holding down, start, select, X, Y, or anything else it just boots into 11.0.0 sysnand.

What are my options now? I just spent several hours working on this and all it did was update my sysnand to 11.0.0.

edit:

I have a 9.2.0 sysnand backup, is there any way to restore that other than a hardmod? I see OoThax and Ninjhax still work, but I know nothing about them so I'm not sure what they are capbable of.
Unfortunately, if your sysNAND is on 11.0 and you don't have A9lh installed, your only option is to get a hardmod. On 11.0, OoTHax and Ninjhax can't downgrade as even if they had ARM11 access, there's a hardcoded minimum title version list that prevents the installation of old titles.

Volktio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone i'm trying to install arm9loaderhax + luma in my n3ds (sysnand: 9.2, reinand: 11.0)
but before i do it, i have some cia games installed (and i recently manage to complete my pokedex in aS) is there a way to backup that save or i don't need to do it? (because dumping my emunand copies all the save datas with it?)

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi everyone i'm trying to install arm9loaderhax + luma in my n3ds (sysnand: 9.2, reinand: 11.0)
but before i do it, i have some cia games installed (and i recently manage to complete my pokedex in aS) is there a way to backup that save or i don't need to do it? (because dumping my emunand copies all the save datas with it?)

You don't neet to. One you finish you will have all your games + saves intact.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2: