• Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

cbxero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Super dumb question here. I followed the big long guide for downgrading and installing Luma. Now I'm running A9LH, Luma 10.7 on an O3DS. Worked perfectly first crack, but I shouldn't brag because...

1. Is updating luma as simple as downloading the nightly build and replacing the files on the SD card?
2. Once I update to 11.0, what's the step I need to do about replacing the payload? I'm a little lost with all the different responses.

Thanks guys. I'm usually pretty good at finding and following directions but for something so simple I can't believe I'm this confused about it.

**EDIT**

I answered my own questions.

1. Yes, it is.
2. I figured out it wasn't a download, I just needed to rename a file on the SD card.

Last edited by cbxero,

curdled

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yet another noob question: I've recently reinstalled Windows 10 (I lost administrator privileges and stuff so I had to) and now some ROMs are showing up as 3D Object files or something... please help me yikes

DHall243

I Stay Broke Because I Keep Buying 3DS's To A9LH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet another noob question: I've recently reinstalled Windows 10 (I lost administrator privileges and stuff so I had to) and now some ROMs are showing up as 3D Object files or something... please help me yikes
because the .3ds files are the same "file type" ending as 3d printer files

Last edited by DHall243,

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Set up my New 3DS XL today with Luma and all that. Successfully able to run cia backups

During the setup process I quickly realized the stock 4gb micro SD card is way too small for all of this so I'm looking to upgrade my storage size, preferably to 32gb

My question is what do I have to do to move all my stuff over properly? Can I literally just drag and drop my SD card contents from one card over to another, or is there processes I have to go through on the new card

Reactions: Kartik

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Set up my New 3DS XL today with Luma and all that. Successfully able to run cia backups

During the setup process I quickly realized the stock 4gb micro SD card is way too small for all of this so I'm looking to upgrade my storage size, preferably to 32gb

My question is what do I have to do to move all my stuff over properly? Can I literally just drag and drop my SD card contents from one card over to another, or is there processes I have to go through on the new card
Just format the new SD Card with Emunand9, with the Format SD (No Emunand) option, and just drag and drop the files of your old SD card onto the new one.

This is assuming you did the whole A9LH guide, if you're on a menuhax+rednand//emunand setup, the process isn't drag and drop.

Kartik

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Just format the new SD Card with Emunand9, with the Format SD (No Emunand) option, and just drag and drop the files of your old SD card onto the new one.

This is assuming you did the whole A9LH guide, if you're on a menuhax+rednand//emunand setup, the process isn't drag and drop.
If i have menuhax installed then what's the process??

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Yeah I did the A9LH guide. Sounds simple enough, thanks!

Reactions: proflayton123

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
You'll have to TinyFormat one of the NANDs, then do a System Format on the other NAND to unlink the NNID. If you just tiny format them both, the NNID would still be linked, though I am unsure if this would have any negative repercussions, as the same system will end up using the NNID.

After that, yeah you'd just follow the A9LH guide as usual.

Hi o/
I want to start tonight this thing. I've some questions in order to go easily. I've the O3DS XL from a friend that I want to a9lh tonight. But he has rxtools v.2.6 and I want to delete it from his system. So I should :

- Tiny Format my EmuNAND or my SysNAND (i'd to know if it's important because there's no FBI on the sysNAND so easier to TinyFormat the EmuNAND)
- System Format my SysNAND
- Format my SD Card with emuNAND9
- Continue with setting up the RedNAND ?

Thanks

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i have menuhax installed then what's the process??
On a menuhax+rednand//emunand setup, you'll want to boot into Emunand9 as well, but you'll need to back up your rednand//emunand. Under the EmuNAND Manager Options in Emunand9, Backup EmuNAND to file. Then you'll want to hit the Select button to unmount your old SD Card, then you'll insert the new one, then you'll go to SD Format Options, depending on your old rednand//emunand setup, you'll have to choose the appropriate "Format SD (Emunand default//minsize//legacy)" option. Then you'll want to hit the Select button to unmount your new SD Card. On your computer, you'll want to backup all the contents of your old SD card, including the emunand backup you should have made. Then you'll want to copy those backed up files, including the emunand backup, onto your new SD Card. Once that's done, you'll go back to Emunand9, and under the EmuNAND Manager Options, depending on your previous setup, you'll need to either Restore file to EmuNAND, or Restore file to RedNAND. Once that's done, you can now safely delete the emunand backup file that's on your new SD Card, and you're done.

Hi o/
I want to start tonight this thing. I've some questions in order to go easily. I've the O3DS XL from a friend that I want to a9lh tonight. But he has rxtools v.2.6 and I want to delete it from his system. So I should :

- Tiny Format my EmuNAND or my SysNAND (i'd to know if it's important because there's no FBI on the sysNAND so easier to TinyFormat the EmuNAND)
- System Format my SysNAND
- Format my SD Card with emuNAND9
- Continue with setting up the RedNAND ?

Thanks
I am not sure you'd actually need to unlink the NNID, as it'll still end up on the same console//system. But yeah, that's pretty much what you should need to do. :)

Reactions: Rick Astley

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Just want to be sure / have a brand new O3DS XL thank you so much <3

Edit : Did that and they are still linked... Oh well I don't care, i'm gonna use EmuNAND9 :/

Last edited by Rick Astley,

killerwg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys,
I would like some help from you.

I own 2 3ds:
* O3ds - 4.1.0-4U
* N3DS XL - 9.0.0.20U
In O3ds I use the Gateway with EmuNand GW3D 9.9.0-26U.
The N3DS XL is unique.

I also have the games:
Cubic Ninja
Zelda OOT

I have a Sd card 16 gigas and another 32 gigas.

My questions are:
What is better to do?

1- O3ds continues to use the Gateway and install a CFW on N3DS XL or Install a CFW on O3ds and puts the Gateway in N3dsXL?

2- To put games on CFW do I have to remove the SD card? Or is there some way to do such as FTP? I would not want to open the N3dsXL every time.

3- Is there any way to play online? With Roms or Cias?

4- Finally, after reading several tutorials, I could not decide the safest and the best CFW to install. What tutorial do you recommend?

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm following the Plailect guide to install Browserhax and Menuhax on my 10.4 o3DS. I'm getting "Terminated Script Execution" whenever I try to scan the QR Code for the Browserhax payload site, and then the browser crashes and I get an error message telling me to save any open data and restart my system, although pressing "A" gets rid of the message just fine and everything still appears to work fine upon doing so. Nothing happens upon restart, either. Checking the SD Card in my system reveals that one file has been downloaded to the root, but nothing else has been changed, AFAIK. I've tried several times, and nothing seems to get me past that stage. I'm set to current date 1/1/2000 0:00, and I'm initializing my browser each time.

Will Browserhax simply not work for me, for whatever reason? Is there some obvious step I'm missing? Am I stuck with trying to use one of the other hax methods? I think I'm able to do OoTHax and I might have access to Ninjhax, but both would involve using friends' carts to try, so I'd prefer the Browserhax method, or maybe some other method I've managed to overlook.

Yeah, the bottom screen flashes colors for a few seconds.
Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

Benneh87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All

Ive got a brand new 3ds xl with no save data that im concerned about.

Ive been going through the Plailect Guide and hit a bit of a wall at Part 5 section IV.
My issue is that no matter what keys I hit (Start for decrypt, x for uncart, y for emunand) the DS just hangs on a blank screen.
The moment I release the key it resumes booting up into my 9.2 sysnand.
Ive redownloaded the payloads and the slot keys from the mirrors provided in the wiki and tried again but Im getting the same result :(

I was reading another persons thread how they had an issue with just decrypt9 not loading but I didnt quite get how they manage to remedy it.

Any help with how to get past this step is appreciated!

Thanks

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I don't know if that's the problem, but I had the same problem as you with my first a9lh N3DS. It was just because I were too slow. Try to do it faster, really. I know it's a stupid thing, but if I can help right now with that little solution

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    cearp @ cearp: still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm