Country
Australia

Nomadic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, just pulled out my o3ds xl with reinand on it for the first time in awhile, tried to play some alpha sapphire, but for some reason I just keep booting into the homebrew launcher and have no way of getting to my emunand.

That being said, I think it's time for a fresh start. I think it's time to upgrade cfw's anyway, but it's been so long since I've done any of this I was hoping to get pointed in the right direction in terms of a new cfw, and also maybe a good refresher/tutorial on how to wipe everything and start from scratch (minus downgrading and having to get my NAND again as I have that saved) Any links or points in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys, just pulled out my o3ds xl with reinand on it for the first time in awhile, tried to play some alpha sapphire, but for some reason I just keep booting into the homebrew launcher and have no way of getting to my emunand.

That being said, I think it's time for a fresh start. I think it's time to upgrade cfw's anyway, but it's been so long since I've done any of this I was hoping to get pointed in the right direction in terms of a new cfw, and also maybe a good refresher/tutorial on how to wipe everything and start from scratch (minus downgrading and having to get my NAND again as I have that saved) Any links or points in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade

For cfw; use the first set of instructions (ARN 4.3 or lower updating)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

For basically everything else you want

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

undeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi everyone. I have a 9.0.0-20U N3DS and trying to install a CFW i messed up the health app. I want to install the A9LH. The lack of the Health app will cause any problems?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi everyone. I have a 9.0.0-20U N3DS and trying to install a CFW i messed up the health app on sysnand. I want to install the A9LH. The lack of the Health app will cause any problems?

aenoch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. My friends 3ds is on 4.5.0-1ou. I had him following. Plailects guide . he said he could not find his version. I told him hed have to update to atleast 9.0 some how. I do not know how to do that seeing how my 3dss have all ways been on 9.0. Will the link i pasted help him? Also what will happen to his save files since he is on 4.5

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update-(rxTools-3.0)

I dont plan on him going all the way to a9

Nomadic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Appreciate the help! So, I keep trying to boot into my cfw now, and I can't get to anything but the homebrew launcher for some reason? Since I have my NAND backed up and whatnot can I just delete everything on my SD card and start from scratch? If so can anyone refresh my memory on where to go from there? For info sake I'm on an o3ds XL running 9.2.0-20U If someone can just point me to the right tutorial or video, it would be greatly appreciated!

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Appreciate the help! So, I keep trying to boot into my cfw now, and I can't get to anything but the homebrew launcher for some reason? Since I have my NAND backed up and whatnot can I just delete everything on my SD card and start from scratch? If so can anyone refresh my memory on where to go from there? For info sake I'm on an o3ds XL running 9.2.0-20U If someone can just point me to the right tutorial or video, it would be greatly appreciated!
You probably need to change the boot.3dsx you have in the root of your sd card. Which one you need depends on your CFW. The reason you're booting into the homebrew launcher is that you have the homebrew launcher boot.3dsx in your root instead of the one you need for the cfw you're trying to run.

klim28

Hunter4Life
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello people. I recently got a fresh New 3DS XL 10.7.0-32 fw and wants to cfw it. Read couple of tutorials and basic stuff here and from other websites. Read about A9LH and Luma, Cake, Reinand, etc but everything is gibberish. Can someone point me to the most basic tutorial where to start. I don't have any tools like OoT or Cubic Ninja. And I haven't downloaded anything yet because the more I read it even confuses me more. Help? Thanks

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello people. I recently got a fresh New 3DS XL 10.7.0-32 fw and wants to cfw it. Read couple of tutorials and basic stuff here and from other websites. Read about A9LH and Luma, Cake, Reinand, etc but everything is gibberish. Can someone point me to the most basic tutorial where to start. I don't have any tools like OoT or Cubic Ninja. And I haven't downloaded anything yet because the more I read it even confuses me more. Help? Thanks
Try this guide :)
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)

Reactions: klim28

masskiss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings!

So to cut things short, I've spent the last good +/-12 hours scourging the internet (as to not embarass myself) to install a CFW (namely Luma3DS) on my 3DS, to research and learn many things since it's my first time owning a Nintendo console (and hacking it). In those hours I stumbled upon the seemingly perfect guide of Plailect, only to be stuck on the browserhax method (part 1). Tried sticking to the guide, but after I click the slidebar I got this dreaded error. No matter what I did (changing themes, changing date & time, trying other files on root SDcard, trying ALL browserhax url etc) it ended with the same error. I'm real tired and spent too much time for this in one day, so I'll be eagerly waiting for any hints and answers.

Mine is O3DSXL, FW 9.8.0-25U, Browser ver 1.7585, 4GB SDcard. I'm pretty sure it should be working but I just dunno what went wrong. I don't have any other means to install Homebrew Launcher to downgrade, so I'm sticking with this until I'm definitely sure what's the problem or that I definitely can't use this method.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings!

So to cut things short, I've spent the last good +/-12 hours scourging the internet (as to not embarass myself) to install a CFW (namely Luma3DS) on my 3DS, to research and learn many things since it's my first time owning a Nintendo console (and hacking it). In those hours I stumbled upon the seemingly perfect guide of Plailect, only to be stuck on the browserhax method (part 1). Tried sticking to the guide, but after I click the slidebar I got this dreaded error. No matter what I did (changing themes, changing date & time, trying other files on root SDcard, trying ALL browserhax url etc) it ended with the same error. I'm real tired and spent too much time for this in one day, so I'll be eagerly waiting for any hints and answers.

Mine is O3DSXL, FW 9.8.0-25U, Browser ver 1.7585, 4GB SDcard. I'm pretty sure it should be working but I just dunno what went wrong. I don't have any other means to install Homebrew Launcher to downgrade, so I'm sticking with this until I'm definitely sure what's the problem or that I definitely can't use this method.

(if you get a slider, zoom all the way in on it, then tap the very right edge of it; this can take quite a few tries)

Browser based exploits (such as browserhax or 2xrsa) are often unstable and crash frequently, but they can sometimes be fixed by doing the following steps.

1. Open the browser, then open the browser settings
    1. Scroll to the bottom and Initialize Savedata (it also may be called Clear All Save Data)
    2. Try the exploit again
This was all mentioned in the guide. :mellow:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: masskiss

MAGN370

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there GBATemp, so i have a bit of a dilemma here. I've got a n3DS running on 10.7 and have got a copy of cubic ninja. However it is an US version and the 3ds version is EU so i'm wondering is there anything i can do to change the region so i can start ninjhax and downgrade it?

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hello. My friends 3ds is on 4.5.0-1ou. I had him following. Plailects guide . he said he could not find his version. I told him hed have to update to atleast 9.0 some how. I do not know how to do that seeing how my 3dss have all ways been on 9.0. Will the link i pasted help him? Also what will happen to his save files since he is on 4.5

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update-(rxTools-3.0)

I dont plan on him going all the way to a9

Yes, that guide should help him update to 9.2. If he does have a DS cart, he can use MSET instead of spider (browser). I find MSET to be more reliable but that's just me.

If you do not plan on going all the way to a9lh you can stop at 9.2 and then do the browserhax/menuhax thing for cfw

D

Deleted-379826

Just wanna know if this would work, wanna do fieldrunners exploit with my cousin on his old 3ds. I have mine and it's linked to my Nnid and his is linked to his and he has money. I was wondering if I created an emunand and then formatted (so it unlinked my NDID and BTW I'm also on a9lh). Then after that if he formats his system and finally I log into his Nnid on my emunand. So then I can purchase fieldrunners on my emuNAND with his money to use for the exploit. Possible? Thanks! :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: did you see the fallout series