Reactions: SuperNintendo64

SuperNintendo64

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
OK! All done!

Except for two things:

1) I choose to NOT preserve my EMUnand. It was just a bunch of installed CIAs, most i didnt even wanted, so no need to preserve it
Yet even if my emunand dosent exist anymore, its still taking space on my SD card. A lot of space.
Ive notices i have two 32 characters-named folders on my "Nintendo 3ds" folder. One huge (probably EMUnand) the other small (probably Sysnand)
Is there any way to know for sure which one is really EMUnand so i can erase it?
Can i erase it without worries?

2) Before this process ive made a few backups from saves of EMUnand games, using JKSM.
To restore this saves, do i need to use JKSM again or can i just place the save files somewhere? Where?

It's on the guide Part 3, Section 1, Step 15:
Code:
15. Copy Hourglass9.bin from the Hourglass9 zip to the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card and rename Hourglass9.bin to start_Hourglass9.bin

The same goes with all payloads you put there:

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes#payload-chainloading

Eheh, it was actually really there. Sorry. Ive missed this spot.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
1) If you don't care about any of it, delete the "Nintendo 3DS" from SD and start console.
It will create a new one, clean.

Make a backup of you SD (just in case)

Download latest EmuNAND9, from herre:
https://github.com/d0k3/EmuNAND9/releases

and follow this:
Copy EmuNAND9.bin from the EmuNAND9 zip to the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card and rename EmuNAND9.bin to y_EmuNAND9.bin

Then do this:
  1. Backup every file on your SD card to a folder on your computer, all files will be deleted in the next step
  2. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS.
  3. Hold Y on boot to launch EmuNAND9
  4. Go to "SD Format Options", then "Format SD..."
  5. Select the "Format SD (No EmuNAND)" option
  6. Press Select on the main menu to eject your SD card
  7. Put your SD card in your computer, then copy all your files back into it

SOURCE: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide_R...ax)#section-v---removing-rednand-from-your-sd

2) I don't know but I believe you have to inject them with the same program.

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a friend's old 3DS I'm borrowing for a day to mess with a RAM editor for Animal Crossing. I've been told I need to make an emunand to do it in. I've made emunands and whatnot from various a9lh installations but I've never made one yet while a9lh was already installed. So I ask

What's the best method to create and run an emunand while a9lh+Luma is already installed? Will the emunand be an exact clone of the sysnand and have FBI installed/be able to install cias?

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a friend's old 3DS I'm borrowing for a day to mess with a RAM editor for Animal Crossing. I've been told I need to make an emunand to do it in. I've made emunands and whatnot from various a9lh installations but I've never made one yet while a9lh was already installed. So I ask

What's the best method to create and run an emunand while a9lh+Luma is already installed? Will the emunand be an exact clone of the sysnand and have FBI installed/be able to install cias?
emunand isn't necessary with a9lh. what are you trying to do with RAM editing? using it with the browser might not work the same on emunand as it would on sysnand.

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
emunand isn't necessary with a9lh. what are you trying to do with RAM editing? using it with the browser might not work the same on emunand as it would on sysnand.
I'm trying to get access to a .bin file for Animal Crossing so that I can essentially restore a very old save I had with 270 hours into it. The file is only obtainable with access to the ram

I read it'd be best to use an emunand to downgrade the browser so that it doesn't mess up the sysnand one

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get access to a .bin file for Animal Crossing so that I can essentially restore a very old save I had with 270 hours into it. The file is only obtainable with access to the ram

I read it'd be best to use an emunand to downgrade the browser so that it doesn't mess up the sysnand one
can't you use a save editor? dump the save with JKSV or whatever and restore.

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
can't you use a save editor? dump the save with JKSV or whatever and restore.
Not for this, I have experience with save editing and whatnot, but I was told in the ACNL Save Editor thread that the only way to do what I need to do is through ram hacking it

Although after doing a bit of googling, it seems I can simply just downgrade the browser in sysnand, and use 3DNUS to download the latest version again when I'm done? Seems a lot less of a headache this way

Edit: Was able to do what I needed to do!

Last edited by anthonyplep,

myrna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is menuhax offline atm?

And where do i put the files for installing CHMM@ 2.8 ?
I did try a few things but still dont see it in my homebrew list.

Thaulos

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I set up my NTR on my A9LH according to here https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-install-use-ntr-cfw-cheats-real-time-saving.427730/

I see the green flash when I boot up Awakening but it doesn't show the plugin folder when I press x+y? Can someone help me with this issue? I'm starting to think that I have to downgrade my firmware, which I really don't want to do because of how long it takes to reinstall the games... any help?

Config: NTR CFW Preview 2 3.4
Firmware: latest
A9LH

Is the plugin folder at the root of the sd card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sheesh lulz