• Likes 43

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sup guys have two noob questions.

1. After I use the r4 gold plus to flash do I need to do anything to flash another 3ds with the same cart? ( its the cart the has the switch inside)
2. When I make a copy of my nand do I leave it in the sd or do I take that out and save it on my pc?

Thanks!

1. No once it's flashed with NTRBOOT it stays that way until the backup is restored. You can use it to hack as many consoles as you want.

2. You should keep it on your PC and a cloud drive for two reasons. One in case the SD card dies, and another in case your PC does. You can always retrieve a good backup from a cloud drive on any device.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Danny VIP

bignoggin25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, im having trouble updating from a9hl to b9s. So i pretty much got to the end of section iii on the guide successfully, but my games were missing, so i figured id just use the backup before i updated luma and not even bother updating. This didn't work as there was no boot.firm file, so my 2ds wouldnt turn on. Eventually i got it working again by copying a backup to my sd and repeating section i of the guide. My problem now is that I cant launch safeb9sinstaller anymore. I did it successfully the first time, but now lumas chainloader wont appear when i hold start on boot and if I try to save a config on luma i get "error writing the configuration file." Not sure what to do. Also if i manage to fix this, would i be able to reinstall fbi using godmode?

HikariH

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hi, my SD card just died along with everything thing in it. My N3DS is currently on 11.6 and had previously been converted from a9lh to b9s. I know I have to get a new card as the old one is unreadable even on the pc.
Should I get a card with large memory? How should a noob go about setting up the new card and reinstalling b9s?
Thanks in advance!

EQQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Someone please help me, i spent the last 14 hours going mad to find a solution.
I'm new to 3ds hacking so please be patient and clear on steps to fix it.
I had a fully working updated 3ds with b9, godmode,luma,fbi,freeshop all perfectly working.
The console is LL, it was changed to us region.
I had the damn idea to change region to eur following the 3ds.guide to change region

I ended up on a 11.5.0-38E with no fbi, homebrew, no games. looks like a nonhacked system.
I was stuck following those step
Section III - Launching FBI
  1. Launch the Download Play application
  2. Press (L) + (Down) + (Select) at the same time to open the Rosalina menu
  3. Select “Miscellaneous options”
  4. Select “Switch the hb. title to the current app.”
  5. Press (B) to continue
  6. Press (B) to return to the Rosalina main menu
  7. Press (B) to exit the Rosalina menu
  8. Press (Home), then close Download Play
  9. Launch the Download Play application
  10. Your device should load the Homebrew Launcher
  1. basically at the step 9 it should load the Homebrew Launcher, i get a black screen, console stuck, i have to push power 3 times holding the button to turn off. i"m going crazy here, can you help me? thanks for your time

Danny VIP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One last noob question I'm following the 3ds.guide and I see that his folder has DCIM I know what its for but I dont want to make any mistakes atm is it important right now or dont worry about that now?

Make that two

1. Copy boot.3dsx to the root of your SD card
with this step does it mean SafeB9SInstaller.3dsx renamed to boot.3dsx?

Last edited by Danny VIP,

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before I hacked the 3ds my R4i Gold Plus worked just fine. I tried an nds game and it played. I did not change anything on the SD card.
I switched the card back to ds mode after the hack was done and the game icon appears, but it loads a black screen. I have to shut the 3ds down by long pressing power. Do I have to enable something on the 3ds?

-further-

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
First post - stupidly noobish one too.
I have a new 2ds xl - whats going to be my best way forward? I have looked at the 3ds.guide but I need to get hold of another console to do this - not an option.
So considering a flashcard, but pretty costly, plus all the sites look dodgy.

I've been looking into this for days and just seem to be going in circles. Guidance would be much appreciated

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Someone please help me, i spent the last 14 hours going mad to find a solution.
I'm new to 3ds hacking so please be patient and clear on steps to fix it.
I had a fully working updated 3ds with b9, godmode,luma,fbi,freeshop all perfectly working.
The console is LL, it was changed to us region.
I had the damn idea to change region to eur following the 3ds.guide to change region

I ended up on a 11.5.0-38E with no fbi, homebrew, no games. looks like a nonhacked system.
I was stuck following those step
Section III - Launching FBI
  1. Launch the Download Play application
  2. Press (L) + (Down) + (Select) at the same time to open the Rosalina menu
  3. Select “Miscellaneous options”
  4. Select “Switch the hb. title to the current app.”
  5. Press (B) to continue
  6. Press (B) to return to the Rosalina main menu
  7. Press (B) to exit the Rosalina menu
  8. Press (Home), then close Download Play
  9. Launch the Download Play application
  10. Your device should load the Homebrew Launcher
  1. basically at the step 9 it should load the Homebrew Launcher, i get a black screen, console stuck, i have to push power 3 times holding the button to turn off. i"m going crazy here, can you help me? thanks for your time

Make sure you have boot.3dsx on your sd. You can get it here: https://github.com/fincs/new-hbmenu/releases

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
One last noob question I'm following the 3ds.guide and I see that his folder has DCIM I know what its for but I dont want to make any mistakes atm is it important right now or dont worry about that now?

Make that two

1. Copy boot.3dsx to the root of your SD card
with this step does it mean SafeB9SInstaller.3dsx renamed to boot.3dsx?
Dcim is only used for pictures. Nothing else. It means the boot.3dsx you downloaded from here: https://github.com/fincs/new-hbmenu/releases

Reactions: Danny VIP

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Before I hacked the 3ds my R4i Gold Plus worked just fine. I tried an nds game and it played. I did not change anything on the SD card.
I switched the card back to ds mode after the hack was done and the game icon appears, but it loads a black screen. I have to shut the 3ds down by long pressing power. Do I have to enable something on the 3ds?
Do retail ds cartridges (not 3ds) games work on the console? If not or you don't have one to try with, you can try doing this: https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting#dsi--ds-functionality-is-broken-after-completing-the-guide

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi All
First post - stupidly noobish one too.
I have a new 2ds xl - whats going to be my best way forward? I have looked at the 3ds.guide but I need to get hold of another console to do this - not an option.
So considering a flashcard, but pretty costly, plus all the sites look dodgy.

I've been looking into this for days and just seem to be going in circles. Guidance would be much appreciated
You can do the guide with ntrboot. It requires a flashcard, but they only cost ~20$. There are recommendations in the first post of this thread. You should buy from nds-card.com

Reactions: -further-

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

susanoomon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got another question I'm wanting to install a cia of fire emblem warriors but I don't have enough space on my microsd card to install via fbi is there some way of using fbi to install it without having to place the cia on my microsd card?

gazza1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.

I've got everything to install cfw. I have already done it to my n3ds. I want to install it to my kids n2ds(pokeball edition) but the missus is concerned about warranty. I understand the 99/100 warranty is void but can't seem to see anywhere that states that this happens.

Would I better off waiting 11 months and then proceeding to install?

NedRierson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Can anyone please help?

I bought the Ace3dsX flashcart and installed the kernel, however when I flicked to 3DS mode Spongebob didnt appear, he only appeared on 2DS mode. Rather stupidly I installed dsi flasher onto the flashcart and injected it from 2DS mode, the injection was succesful but now it wont boot in boot9strap.

I hold down X, Start, Select and then press power, hold it for 5 seconds but all that happens is my blue power light flashes then goes off. Is it possible to inject the wrong version of ntrboot?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi Can anyone please help?

I bought the Ace3dsX flashcart and installed the kernel, however when I flicked to 3DS mode Spongebob didnt appear, he only appeared on 2DS mode. Rather stupidly I installed dsi flasher onto the flashcart and injected it from 2DS mode, the injection was succesful but now it wont boot in boot9strap.

I hold down X, Start, Select and then press power, hold it for 5 seconds but all that happens is my blue power light flashes then goes off. Is it possible to inject the wrong version of ntrboot?
Do you have boot.firm on your sd card? In 3ds mode it already is flashed with ntrboot so that's why it didn't show up in the menu.

NedRierson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have boot.firm on your sd card? In 3ds mode it already is flashed with ntrboot so that's why it didn't show up in the menu.

Hi

I was fustrated last night doing this so double checked on your advice and these files were missing, will give it a go as soon as I find a magnet

Thanks

EQQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Make sure you have boot.3dsx on your sd. You can get it here:
Many thanks, now everything works :wub:

but now i have a new problem.. before the region change i had youtube (which popped idk why as new app, i didn"t download it).
After the region change all apps were gone, i had to reinstall fbi, freestore, all games.
But i cannot find youtube on freeshop, i guess it"s an eshop app?
I created the nnid europe and tried to access eshop, it gives me error 005-5602. :hateit:
I tried changing region, nothing helps.
The console is n3ds LL japan. A friend hacked the console and updated it as us region but i"m 99% sure i never accessed eshop when console was japan nor as us and i created the nnid only after the eu region modify.
Any idea, guys? thanks for your time

NedRierson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Hi

Yes I do now have it on the system sd card and still not working.

boot.3dsx
boot.firm
boot9strap folder (containing boot9strap.firm and firm.sha
3DS root folder

Could this be because I inject wrong file or is it universal? Also could it be due to the flash cart?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk