• Views 4,488,255
  • Replies 53,787
  • Likes 43

EmBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all. I have a 3DS XL running 11.5.0-38E. I have been out of the 3DS scene for a while and all I have is an old MT-Card which only supports 4.5. My question, what is the easiest way for me to play 3DS ROMs on this software version? Are there flashcards that support 11.5?
Sky3DS+ and Stargate 3DS, though I'd say CFW is better as well.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Could someone help me out with the following please?

I have just bought a new New 3DS XL and I would like to transfer my stuff from my old New 3ds to my new one. However my old system has luma on it. How should I approach this transfer? Should I "unhack" my old system, transfer my stuff and then hack my new system? Or is there a way to transfer the stuff from my hacked system?

Edit: google kinda helped me out, I can safely do a transfer without "unhacking" my old system. I'll take a closer look at what I have on my old system before I transfer though! ^_^

Edit: since I did not have a lot of stuff on my 3DS, I decided to unhack it through GM9 and now I'll do the transfer. :P

Last edited by Langin,

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
Could someone help me out with the following please?

I have just bought a new New 3DS XL and I would like to transfer my stuff from my old New 3ds to my new one. However my old system has luma on it. How should I approach this transfer? Should I "unhack" my old system, transfer my stuff and then hack my new system? Or is there a way to transfer the stuff from my hacked system?

Edit: google kinda helped me out, I can safely do a transfer without "unhacking" my old system. I'll take a closer look at what I have on my old system before I transfer though! ^_^
backup all your Save Games and EXT Data with checkpoint first, then you can always restore that data after you transfer

boot9strap will not be removed when you transfer the system it will remain hacked, but you will either need a patched copy of a DSiWare game on the old system if you want to hack the new system, or use a ntrboot card, or if it's 11.3 or below hack it before you transfer

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
backup all your Save Games and EXT Data with checkpoint first, then you can always restore that data after you transfer

boot9strap will not be removed when you transfer the system it will remain hacked, but you will either need a patched copy of a DSiWare game on the old system if you want to hack the new system, or use a ntrboot card, or if it's 11.3 or below hack it before you transfer

Can I use a Supercard DSTwo as NTRboot card??

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
no you can not :(

what version is the new 3ds on?
do you have any other flashcards?

It is on the latest firmware sadly. I have an N5 or something like that hidden away in my collection. is that thing useable?
1189-n5ds-n5-flashcard-n5-cartucho-n5-flashcard-ds.jpeg
seems to be like one of those very old R4 clones lol

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
It is on the latest firmware sadly. I have an N5 or something like that hidden away in my collection. is that thing useable?
1189-n5ds-n5-flashcard-n5-cartucho-n5-flashcard-ds.jpeg
seems to be like one of those very old R4 clones lol
it looks more like a DSTT clone, you can always try to backup the card on your hacked 3ds with ntrboot_flasher with the different options to see if it will backup, if it backs up, you can then flash it

https://github.com/ntrteam/ntrboot_flasher/releases

Reactions: Langin

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
One final question, the flashcard has the following system files:

26y7Xds.png

is it a DSTT or R4 clone?
looks like a R4 clone, dont use the ds_ntrboot_flasher as that does not backup the firmware

download the latest firm file from https://github.com/ntrteam/ntrboot_flasher/releases
place it in your luma/payloads folder on the SD card in your 3DS
then power on the 3DS holding start then select the ntrboot flasher,
you can then choose different cards etc there and attempt to backup the card, if any of them succeed, it may work,

but as quantum said, you can use a DSiWare game that will cost you about 2 euro to hack the new 3ds

Kiekoes

Former DS-Scene Staff
Trophies
Website
ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
you can convert .3DS files to installable .CIA files and then install the game and play them via your home screen
or just download and install the games via freeshop
That sounds great. Thanks for the reply. I have one more question, I have a "R4 SDHC Dual Core" from r4isdhc.com, can I use ntrboot with that one? Or do you perhaps know a cheap other card that I can use for ntrboot?

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
That sounds great. Thanks for the reply. I have one more question, I have a "R4 SDHC Dual Core" from r4isdhc.com, can I use ntrboot with that one? Or do you perhaps know a cheap other card that I can use for ntrboot?
you should be able to, if you follow the guide correctly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...