tchinfsun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Quantumcat

Thanks! Will do that.

When backuping the SD card I noticed that the pasted files were all shortcuts as well, the file size was minimum for all files/folders (11kb IIRC).
I don't care much about the games and save files, I can always download them again later. Is it ok to format the SD card w/o backup? H2testw warned me that I should format the SD card to get a full scan, I'm not sure if should I do that I could still get the 3DS back up and running.

Thanks again for the help.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
@Quantumcat

Thanks! Will do that.

When backuping the SD card I noticed that the pasted files were all shortcuts as well, the file size was minimum for all files/folders (11kb IIRC).
I don't care much about the games and save files, I can always download them again later. Is it ok to format the SD card w/o backup? H2testw warned me that I should format the SD card to get a full scan, I'm not sure if should I do that I could still get the 3DS back up and running.

Thanks again for the help.
Yeah you should format it before running the test.

misterdarvus

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Okay, this is just a run of mill "is it safe to update" question.

I'm at 11.7 fw. So I updated my B9S and Luma to the latest version (Luma 9.1) which is safe for 11.8 fw I believe. I'm aware Freshop is no longer working.
So Installed Warioware Gold on my collection. Still sitting at 11.7 fw and scared to update, that's my question.

I still prefer get updates from official eShop and I'm afraid my Warioware will get busted when I'm updated and also my games that already installed, but I heard they're safe. But I don't know whether Warioware that I installed remotely is safe.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, this is just a run of mill "is it safe to update" question.

I'm at 11.7 fw. So I updated my B9S and Luma to the latest version (Luma 9.1) which is safe for 11.8 fw I believe. I'm aware Freshop is no longer working.
So Installed Warioware Gold on my collection. Still sitting at 11.7 fw and scared to update, that's my question.

I still prefer get updates from official eShop and I'm afraid my Warioware will get busted when I'm updated and also my games that already installed, but I heard they're safe. But I don't know whether Warioware that I installed remotely is safe.
You're fine, you can update.

Reactions: misterdarvus

hwarfshano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so I have all the CFW installed including FBI by following the 3ds.guide on my N3DSXL and I am now trying to play backup 3ds games.
I have the R4 gold 3ds flash cart with an SD card slot. Can i put the backups on this instead of the internal SD card? I would rather do that than opening the device all the time.

It seems like once I put the backup .3ds files on the sd card I can convert to .cia with GodMode and install with FBI. However, the backup I have on the flash cart now is not visible to GodMode.(128 gb sandisk). The cart is switched to D mode. I have tried N mode as well.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys, so I have all the CFW installed including FBI by following the 3ds.guide on my N3DSXL and I am now trying to play backup 3ds games.
I have the R4 gold 3ds flash cart with an SD card slot. Can i put the backups on this instead of the internal SD card? I would rather do that than opening the device all the time.

It seems like once I put the backup .3ds files on the sd card I can convert to .cia with GodMode and install with FBI. However, the backup I have on the flash cart now is not visible to GodMode.(128 gb sandisk). The cart is switched to D mode. I have tried N mode as well.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
1. No
2. The console can't read anything on the flashcart SD card, has to be on the internal SD card.

Reactions: hwarfshano

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting this error on two of my Nintendo 2DS consoles,

'An error has occurred: Failed to apply 1 FIRM patch(es).

Press any button to shutdown'

Why has this happened and how to I solve this issue?

Thanks

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting this error on two of my Nintendo 2DS consoles,

'An error has occurred: Failed to apply 1 FIRM patch(es).

Press any button to shutdown'

Why has this happened and how to I solve this issue?

Thanks
You updated to 11.8 without updating to Luma3DS v9.1. Update Luma3DS to v9.1, and your problem will be solved.

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You updated to 11.8 without updating to Luma3DS v9.1. Update Luma3DS to v9.1, and your problem will be solved.

Does the console update automatically? Last time I checked, it was working, just come back from holiday and I'm getting this error. The other console was updated manually.

How do I update Luma3DS?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the console update automatically? Last time I checked, it was working, just come back from holiday and I'm getting this error. The other console was updated manually.
It will download the update automatically, but it will not install the update without you manually agreeing to do so.

Reactions: Youser

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It will download the update automatically, but it will not install the update without you manually agreeing to do so.

Ok. How do I update Luma3DS now that the console doesn't go into any menus?

Does the hack guide have a link to the latest version?

klim28

Hunter4Life
Trophies
XP
Country
Heed help. I am in the process of cfw my New 3DS XL Japan version and getting error on the TADpole Online site part. My DSiware for the exploit is the free one from the eShop. But when I use that on the TADpole site, it says GAME NOT COMPATIBLE.

Please tag or quote me. Any fix or work around for this. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny