Homebrew 3DS Recovery Tool - A tool for backing up/restoring/wiping sensitive data.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
What option did you use exactly? "Restore original LocalFriendCodeSeed", because this is a single function call provided by Nintendo.

Yes. Do I need to wait a certain amount of time before rebooting? Or is rebooting even necessary?

Update: I tried it in Rei-Six, same issue. Also, LocalFriendCodeSeed_A and LocalFriendCodeSeed_B_invalid are identical.

Update2: Your original tool, RestoreLFCS does the same thing.

Last edited by nl255,

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Do I need to wait a certain amount of time before rebooting? Or is rebooting even necessary?

Update: I tried it in Rei-Six, same issue. Also, LocalFriendCodeSeed_A and LocalFriendCodeSeed_B_invalid are identical.

Update2: Your original tool, RestoreLFCS does the same thing.

This is rather weird because I had a user test this for me (who had a screwed up seed) and he restored it using the 'restore original' method, and he said it worked. I tried it just now, and the same happened for me. I wasn't aware of the issue since the function didn't fail, but instead created a LocalFriendCodeSeed_Aand a LocalFriendCodeSeed_B_invalidfile.

Well there's nothing I can do about this because this is Nintendo's 'restore original' function. However, what you can do is go to Misc->Dump original LFCS data, then go back to the restore menu and use "Restore backup LocalFriendCodeSeed". This will restore your original LFCS from memory albeit in a manual way. You can then delete the LocalFriendCodeSeed_A and LocalFriendCodeSeed_B_invalid file from NAND.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
This is rather weird because I had a user test this for me (who had a screwed up seed) and he restored it using the 'restore original' method, and he said it worked. I tried it just now, and the same happened for me. I wasn't aware of the issue since the function didn't fail, but instead created a LocalFriendCodeSeed_Aand a LocalFriendCodeSeed_B_invalidfile.

Well there's nothing I can do about this because this is Nintendo's 'restore original' function. However, what you can do is go to Misc->Dump original LFCS data, then go back to the restore menu and use "Restore backup LocalFriendCodeSeed". This will restore your original LFCS from memory albeit in a manual way. You can then delete the LocalFriendCodeSeed_A and LocalFriendCodeSeed_B_invalid file from NAND.

Nope, that merely dumps the public seed I am using. Perhaps it only works if you have previously done a system transfer (or haven't done a system transfer)? In any case, a version of 3dsident that displays both the current seed and the original seed from memory would probably help to track down the issue.

Oh well, I just extracted the original seed from a nand backup I made before changing it.

Last edited by nl255,

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, that merely dumps the public seed I am using. Perhaps it only works if you have previously done a system transfer (or haven't done a system transfer)? In any case, a version of 3dsident that displays both the current seed and the original seed from memory would probably help to track down the issue.

Oh well, I just extracted the original seed from a nand backup I made before changing it.

That doesn't make sense, dump original LFCS should dump from memory (That is, the one that your device originally came with). Have you done a system transfer?
I'm going to need someone else to test this for me.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
That doesn't make sense, dump original LFCS should dump from memory (That is, the one that your device originally came with). Have you done a system transfer?
I'm going to need someone else to test this for me.

I can't remember if I did or not on this one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fucking Biden making us pay full internet prices