Hacking 3DS rom dump info

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Yep your site ran out of connections limit. Congrats. You did make a popular site now.
BTW, ever tried to make one that static with ajax/json page (if feeling bad you can still use cached json page)?
well then take use of that static nginx without a dynamic page parser, would be ridiculously fast.
Make clients do all the data processing is not evil, at all - if you wish. [Bookmark blablabla]
..i don't like xml at all cause its content in json format is always smaller than it..hey i can operate those DOMs
Edit: Yep elisherer you got a good site. i like it
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /home/sherer7/public_html/esshco/3ds/index.php on line 56

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Independants that release outside of the normal group channels, release under the iND label, meaning that uptil now the dumping methods have been kept between groups, with an iND dumpers either the games where so shovelware they didnt want to be affiled with its dump.. or may means someone splintered off with dumper/method or it has been shared outside the "tight 5" At the end of the day there are only 2 or 3 main release groups, they just use different names across the different scenes, if we start seeing diff dumps outside what we have seen, besides 1 ind dumper, chances are method will become widespread and possibly to the point of another $100 device you can pay for to dump your own games.... lol, Kirin is pretty new to 3ds dumping scene too (thanks to Legacy :)), and since they and iND have only dumped jap stuff, and recently.. it probably pretty safe to say they are somehow affiliated

Chaossaturn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Independants that release outside of the normal group channels, release under the iND label, meaning that uptil now the dumping methods have been kept between groups, with an iND dumpers either the games where so shovelware they didnt want to be affiled with its dump.. or may means someone splintered off with dumper/method or it has been shared outside the "tight 5" At the end of the day there are only 2 or 3 main release groups, they just use different names across the different scenes, if we start seeing diff dumps outside what we have seen, besides 1 ind dumper, chances are method will become widespread and possibly to the point of another $100 device you can pay for to dump your own games.... lol, Kirin is pretty new to 3ds dumping scene too (thanks to Legacy :)), and since they and iND have only dumped jap stuff, and recently.. it probably pretty safe to say they are somehow affiliated

Thanks for the explanation, I hope a public dumper does go to the public, then all the obscure / rare games should get dumped.

IMRAN_PETER

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Few good games dumped, 1. BRAVELY DEFAULT, 2. Beyond The Labyrinth.... wish these are in English.....:(
looking forward to MapleStory: The Girl's Fate......:P

ViDeOmAnCiNi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to see iND or Kirin (or anyone) dump that Cardfight Vanguard J release, esp since the Gateway card is RF now... That would be super sweet... That would probably spur me to invest in one. With all of the recent mass J releases I suppose it's a possibility. Sake bombers all around to the first group to dump it! :grog:

-VM

tangz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys...
Not really a newcomer, just haven't been on in a while.
Was hoping someone could give me some insight....

So I'm almost done editing a new XML file for offlinelist for all the current 3ds games.
Kinda stuck on a few things and hoping maybe someone on this thread can assist...

1) Languages... In the XML file "3DS - GBATEMP OfflineList" (3DS_OL.xml) it lists the languages as numbers, however, in http://3ds.essh.co/ it lists them as initials. How is this number acquired?
2) im1CRC and im2CRC, seeing as I cannot add some of these to the list (images not even on the server yet) how do I acquire the crc for the images that ARE on the server but not in the list??
3) romMD5 and romSHA1, these are also not located on http://3ds.essh.co/. However, I have tested without it (considering it is commented) and it still works. Is this even needed? if so, how can I acquire these as well?
4) nfoCRC which is also a comment and have tested and works without it... How do I pull the CRC's for the nfo's?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I suppose you are using the xml I created some time ago? it's incomplete (couldn't find time to maintain it).

1) the number are from a limited/fixed list of languages. I tested them all to get the language list. unfortunately, I don't think you can add more.
0 = Eur
1 = USA
7 = JP
I didn't note the code for other countries, There were no dump for them when I made the xml
1 French
2 english
4 Chinese
8 Danish
16 Dutch
32 Finnish
64 German
128 Italian
256 Japan
512 Norway
1024 Polish
2048 Portuguese
4096 Spanish
8192 swedish

Add each number to get multi-languages.
Here are the common combination of languages I found when doing the dat:
M3 : 4099 (en,fr,es)
M3 : 19 (en,fr,NL)
M3 : 67 (en,fr,de)
M3 : 262 (en,ja,ch) + missing kr (Korean)
M4 : 4227 (en,fr,it,es)
M5 : 4291 (en,fr,de,it,es)
M6 : 4307 (M5 + NL)
M6 : 4547 (M5+JP)
M9 : 13019 (en,fr,de,it,es,nl,dk,se,no)
M10 : 13051 (Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish) + missing CA (Canadian)
M10 : 15067 (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, NL, SE, DK, NO, PT

2)For the CRC, I just put each file one by one in a CRC program (I'm using HashCalc)

3) It's not needed by OfflineList checksum routine, but I added them to the xml in case it becomes a standard later (CRC32 is not secure and can have false duplicates), and in mind that the xml could be reused by another program or website (not only for offlinelist).
I acquired all informations from different websites:
http://scene.releases.free.fr/index.php?page=list&p=3ds (Taking the covers from here too, with PsyKopaT permission)
http://www.ludibria.com and http://datomatic.no-intro.org/ for the additional releases informations and the .nfo files. I downloaded the nfo (verified that they had always the same linefeed type) and put them in HashCalc to get the crc.

4) Same as the previous thing, it's not required by OfflineList.
All fields are user created, I added them manually. it's not "required", I did it for completeness only.

5) Like you probably found, most game size are incorrect due to the program restriction in 32bit.
Someone gave me a guide to "unlock" this restriction but never had time to do it. It's a file you need to edit in OfflineList folder. It should be somewhere in the thread, you can search for the instructions.
I used a specific size for each different game size (max-1, max-2) to find them easily if needed to replace them in batch.
16384Mbits = 2147483648
2147483647</romSize><!-- comment: max size accepted in OfflineList 0.7.3 beta2-->
<!--<romSize>2147483648</romSize>-->

32768Mbits = 4294967296
2147483646</romSize><!-- comment: max size accepted -1 in OfflineList 0.7.3 beta2-->
<!--<romSize>4294967296</romSize>-->

6) When you make duplicate, don't check only the GameID to find if a game is already present. Some games don't use the same GameID when released in another region. and sometime even the Icon is different. but most of the time the Icons are the same worldwide. This is how I checked duplicates (using Nintendo jp and uk as references to compare icons, game names (sometime only Kanji are available on JP site, so checking the Icon is useful), get publisher/developers informations, but it's often wrong (Zelda is marked as developed by Nintendo while they only published it. Real developer is Grezzo)

7) Good luck updating and maintenance the list :)
I don't have access to the ftp anymore (it wasn't mine), so you'll have to host them on your own server.

tangz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great info!!! Thanks for the update as well.
As for the site where all the images, the updated DAT and update file are stored, I'd like to find out who does have ftp access to the site...
in the XML it looks like "http://3ds.sytes.net/3dsofl/..."

Any idea who I might be able to contact? I have time to keep it updated on an occasional basis, but I dont have the ability to host that kinda bandwidth. (my provider would kill me) lol

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I put the name of the user who gave me ftp access in the readme.txt
He probably just forgot to launch his ftp server, or closed the access because I didn't use if for a long time.

IcySon55
if you read this, let us know if you can reopen the ftp ;)
thanks

tangz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan, I looked all over but could not locate the post with the "guide to unlock the file size restriction".
Are you sure it was on GBATemp.net?

Any word on reopening the FTP?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ativan is pretty legit
    +1
    The last time I had to take something to help me sleep, I was prescribed Trazadone it was pretty OK to be honest.
    Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That Nuka Cola video with old ice grinder is cool, I want one.
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, hi