Hardware Misc 3DS SD Card Help!!!!!

Rj.MoG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of these losers are giving you bad info OP. You should listen to a loser like me. Try booting into recover mode and running checkdsk /f /r. It should at least repair the partition enough to view. Copy your things off and start a fresh SD card in your 3DS. Shut it off and copy & replace the files. Start it back up and it should be functional enough for you to get your saves off of it. If your disk is in use when in recovery open diskpart and offline it prior to running chkdsk.

bluekirby700900

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of these losers are giving you bad info OP. You should listen to a loser like me. Try booting into recover mode and running checkdsk /f /r. It should at least repair the partition enough to view. Copy your things off and start a fresh SD card in your 3DS. Shut it off and copy & replace the files. Start it back up and it should be functional enough for you to get your saves off of it. If your disk is in use when in recovery open diskpart and offline it prior to running chkdsk.
i dont know how to go into recover mode but i did run checkdsk /f from windows comand prompt

Rj.MoG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know how to go into recover mode but i did run checkdsk /f from windows comand prompt
It’s different doing it the way I said. You need to boot into recovery mode for the best shot at this. You can even copy files off from recovery mode which is what I would do. I wouldn’t boot into windows for this

bluekirby700900

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s different doing it the way I said. You need to boot into recovery mode for the best shot at this. You can even copy files off from recovery mode which is what I would do. I wouldn’t boot into windows for this
windows recovery mode? i will try that

retrospect

Trophies
XP
Country
I would try Isobuster and MiniTool’s recovery program. They’re both very good. Isobuster first.

Also be aware that a damaged disk can sometimes take a long time to read. Windows will probably give up after a few minutes.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It’s different doing it the way I said.
I'm quite sure chkdsk does not operate any differently in recovery mode than it does otherwise, at least when you're using it on something other than a boot drive. (If you have a link that suggests otherwise, I'd like to see it.)

EASUS and Testdisk are the most frequently recommended tools for recovery. Testdisk is free, but EASUS might be more capable.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks but i figured it out today, I used r studio and this is the only problem im having now
If you're still using the corrupted SD card, or if you're using data copied off a corrupted SD card, then that could easily cause the problem.

The only way to be sure would be to start over with a fresh SD card, properly tested with h2testw, and a freshly-installed copy of the game from the eShop. (Because if you're using a random .cia from the Internet, then that could have problems too.)

Reactions: wormdood

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks but i figured it out today, I used r studio and this is the only problem im having now
yep something's definitely still corrupted there... run FBI have it populate a list of your installed titles check titles that appear in red on Google to make sure they're not system titles if they are you'll need to replace them otherwise they are corrupted and/or Improperly installed applications and deleting them via FBI may help

Manny_what

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put the SD card in my computer and all I did was download this nitro hax cheat file and then there was another file in the folder that I just made called something like USBC@%Á i try deleting it and it wont let me, and now its saying i need to format my sdcard and my 3ds wont read it, im really scared because i had hundreds of hours worth of pokemon save files on there and if i cant recover this then i wil be very very sad, any help is GREATLEY APPRICIATED
Same thing happened to me just now when i placed an .NDS file into the twighlight menu folder and when i carefully ejected and removed the sd card and put it in 3ds, all my hb data was missing. i just loaded a recent backup cause when i checked all there was was "Nintendo 3DS" and "usbC$Ei." hope u find easiest way of recovering the homebrew and data u had, remember to backup

Reactions: bluekirby700900

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Lonely here