• Replies 623
  • Likes 2

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
People like you make me sick, you really do. How can you call yourselves a gamer at all when people like you (and others on this site) bitch and say "yeah, im not buying it because there's no second analog". That is the dumbest reason ever not to buy a console. What a joke. The less there are of you in the world, the better.

You're so wrong!
Try playing MGS3 with just one analog!
You can even try the demo on e-shop!
If you try those I assure you that you will know how much a 2nd analog is important!

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People like you make me sick, you really do. How can you call yourselves a gamer at all when people like you (and others on this site) bitch and say "yeah, im not buying it because there's no second analog". That is the dumbest reason ever not to buy a console. What a joke. The less there are of you in the world, the better.

You're so wrong!
Try playing MGS3 with just one analog!
You can even try the demo on e-shop!
If you try those I assure you that you will know how much a 2nd analog is important!

Yeah, that was the developers fault. It's not that hard to put a decent camera system in a game, hell they did it with Peace Walker, and that game was awesome.

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's up to the developers to work with what they have to make the games playable. They shouldn't need a second analog stick to make good games.

Edit: ninja'd, sorta

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sorry if I'd expect the new model of a product to include new features they've added on to the product.

Really Guild? So where does the line get drawn with "including every peripheral released for the system up to that point"?

Xbox 360 Slims should all come with a wireless headset, dvd remote, and racing wheel? Wiis should all come with a classic controller (well...they should, actually), balance board, tennis racket/golf club/baseball bat attachment? It's just silly to expect a system to bundle a peripheral that is only used by a handful of games by default...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really Guild? So where does the line get drawn with "including every peripheral released for the system up to that point"?

Xbox 360 Slims should all come with a wireless headset, dvd remote, and racing wheel? Wiis should all come with a classic controller (well...they should, actually), balance board, tennis racket/golf club/baseball bat attachment? It's just silly to expect a system to bundle a peripheral that is only used by a handful of games by default...

I thought all Xbox's came with a headset? Not wireless, but it's a headset. The controller itself functions as a DVD remote and racing wheels are different.

The Circle Pad Pro is a pretty useful and it's almost a necessity for the games that use it. Having it opens up the console to dual analog gameplay, which it should fucking have. It's not like a racing wheel or a fight stick, it's a second analog stick. It's pretty big.

Reactions: 1 person
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I thought all Xbox's came with a headset? Not wireless, but it's a headset. The controller itself functions as a DVD remote and racing wheels are different.

The Circle Pad Pro is a pretty useful and it's almost a necessity for the games that use it. Having it opens up the console to dual analog gameplay, which it should fucking have. It's not like a racing wheel or a fight stick, it's a second analog stick. It's pretty big.

Nope. My Xbox 360 Slim 4 GB version didn't come with a headset.

Not all Xboxs come with a headset.

As for the Circle Pad Pro, to be honest it's not really a necessity for all the games. I played Resident Evil Revelations with just 1 circle pad perfectly fine. You do obviously get a better controlling scheme playing with two on Resident Evil, but to be honest even with 1 I played it perfectly fine, the controls were pretty decent.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

it's a second analog on a touchscreen handheld... Dual analog gameplay is nice, but I doubt Nintendo is looking to take any focus away from one of the system selling gimmicks. Why add the functionality of a peripheral to it when it is only useful for a few games? Save money by not adding it. Make money from selling it separately. It's not like even a quarter of 3DS owners are missing it...

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

A peripheral like a 2nd analog could be easily incorporated in a XL version! There is a huge difference in this and your examples!

Yeah, that was the developers fault. It's not that hard to put a decent camera system in a game, hell they did it with Peace Walker, and that game was awesome.

This is a port of a game that use 2 analogs the way they were supposed to!
You're asking something almost impossible!
It's Nintendo fault that the do not implemented 2 analogs on the first 3DS,
and it's so true that Nintendo is the one who released Circle Pad Pro!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a second analog on a touchscreen handheld...

Why add the functionality of a peripheral to it when it is only useful for a few games?

sony-playstation-vita-1.jpg

A second analog stick is infinitely better than a touchscreen or buttons for camera controls and a touchscreen is useful for multimedia or organizing menus. I don't think adding a second analog stick will exactly make the price of the system skyrocket.

Plus if they make the peripheral more commonplace, perhaps it'll catch on. Considering how useful two analogs are, it seems stupid to not use one.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why add the functionality of a peripheral to it when it is only useful for a few games?

A second analog stick is infinitely better than a touchscreen or buttons for camera controls and a touchscreen is useful for multimedia or organizing menus. I don't think adding a second analog stick will exactly make the price of the system skyrocket.

Plus if they make the peripheral more commonplace, perhaps it'll catch on. Considering how useful two analogs are, it seems stupid to not use one.

right, for all the "hardcore" 3ds games. how much is one of those vitas again?

I must have missed all those adverts claiming a "console experience on a handheld" for the 3DS

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

To say the truth, the analog stick is probably cheaper than $3!
Even if it was $10(wich would be an outrageous price for it), the console would not be much more expensive,
and would have a differencial that almost every 3DS owner want!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
right, for all the "hardcore" 3ds games. how much is one of those vitas again?

I must have missed all those adverts claiming a "console experience on a handheld" for the 3DS

There's a difference between a "console experience" and "something that controls well". Considering there's plenty of 3DS games with 3D environments and movement, second analog sticks should have been there from the start. Not to mention if they wanted a more comfortable/less retarded option for FPS games on the system or, hell, a twin stick shooter while they're at it.

Second analog sticks only bring superior controls, there's nothing else to it.

EDIT: And the Vita is $250 but it's also packing much more powerful hardware, and do remember the 3DS launched at the same price and only gets its current price by selling on a loss.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

The Vita has nothing to do with this, it's irrelevant. Only a handful of games use two analogs, and even then, it's not needed and you can still get a good gameplay experience without it. It's not a necessity. Years down the road? Who knows, but so far it's not absolutely necessary.

This is a port of a game that use 2 analogs the way they were supposed to!
You're asking something almost impossible!
It's Nintendo fault that the do not implemented 2 analogs on the first 3DS,
and it's so true that Nintendo is the one who released Circle Pad Pro!

No it isn't, it's faaaar from impossible lol.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To say the truth, the analog stick is probably cheaper than $3!
Even if it was $10(wich would be an outrageous price for it), the console would not be much more expensive,
and would have a differencial that almost every 3DS owner want!

It's as easy as just tacking a $3 dollar part on it? Oh, for some reason I thought they'd have to redesign the motherboard to accomodate it and release new firmware that actually makes it useful for those who don't have any interest in MGS:3. I'm sure those costs wouldn't have made their way to the consumer though, right?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Vita has nothing to do with this, it's irrelevant. Only a handful of games use two analogs, and even then, it's not needed and you can still get a good gameplay experience without it. It's not a necessity. Years down the road? Who knows, but so far it's not absolutely necessary.

My point was that a second analog was called "irrelevant" on a device with a touchscreen and that it's only useful for a "few games" but when it's part of the console (like the Vita), you'll see exactly how useful it is.

If the second analog was more commonplace, there'd be more options to use it. Plus a lot of the games that do use it (not in a Kid Icarus fashion but in a true dual analog fashion) almost pretty much require it considering how bad the other options are. Hell, why can't Nintendo just make some fancy option to map your buttons to the second analog like the Vita does with PSP games? It'd open up dual analog controls for any games that used ABXY for camera.

Reactions: 2 people

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My point was that a second analog was called "irrelevant" on a device with a touchscreen and that it's only useful for a "few games" but when it's part of the console (like the Vita), you'll see exactly how useful it is.

If the second analog was more commonplace, there'd be more options to use it. Plus a lot of the games that do use it (not in a Kid Icarus fashion but in a true dual analog fashion) almost pretty much require it considering how bad the other options are. Hell, why can't Nintendo just make some fancy option to map your buttons to the second analog like the Vita does with PSP games? It'd open up dual analog controls for any games that used ABXY for camera.

I just want to make sure I'm getting this right...

You'd rather pay the added cost it would take for a redesign rather than just use the damn peripheral you may or may not already own? This is the same parts in a new shell with larger screens. That's why it's only slightly more expensive than the original model.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about the 3DS... I'm only posting here out of shock regarding the side of this argument you're on Guild...

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Again, no it isn't. They can port the game over, just fix the camera, that's all. Hell, bottom line, the game shouldn't have even been on 3DS anyways.

There is no fix the camera! It is not broken!
You would have to mess a lot with the source code to make it adaptable to 3DS with just one analog,
and would be enough change to call it a remake!
If there was a 2nd analog since it's beggining, a lot of games could use it,
even Nintendo games like Zelda and Mario 3D Land!
It would be way better to developers and would not make a big difference in the price!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one