Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you need one, out of curiosity?
Where I'm gonna be at for a while is a complete wifi deadzone, but actually has pretty decent cell service.

Buying a phone would be next to near useless just for this purpose, considering I'm almost never on mine, and getting a full on hotspot like the zte warp connect or something would actually bother because others always complaining to share it, despite me only going to use a 10gb per month plan

With a USB dongle, I could connect it to my PC, and convince them that I can't turn it into a hotspot (its more a sharing problem to be honest, because they don't know how to manage limited data)

Last edited by Sketchy1,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, you'd be using prepaid cards then?

Edit: It looks like this is what you might be looking for. There are more expensive (and probably reliable) options if you search for something like "SIM to PC adapter" or "4G USB dongle" on Amazon, but this one looks like it'd do what you want and it's do-it-yourself-y

Last edited by TotalInsanity4,

Sketchy1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, you'd be using prepaid cards then?

Edit: It looks like this is what you might be looking for. There are more expensive (and probably reliable) options if you search for something like "SIM to PC adapter" or "4G USB dongle" on Amazon, but this one looks like it'd do what you want and it's do-it-yourself-y
Sorry not prepaid cards, I thought you meant if I was using one of those carriers. I plan on getting one and then adding service, but I'll look into the sim thing

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry not prepaid cards, I thought you meant if I was using one of those carriers. I plan on getting one and then adding service, but I'll look into the sim thing
Ah, I see lol. It's be easier to go through T-Mobile or Cricket Wireless or Sprint or something, because they're GSM network architectures and you'll have an easier time finding stuff for them

Sketchy1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I see lol. It's be easier to go through T-Mobile or Cricket Wireless or Sprint or something, because they're GSM network architectures and you'll have an easier time finding stuff for them
Thanks, might Try sprint cause they pretty cheap (don't need too much, just need it there)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2