Hacking 5.5.0 progress

MrRean

WiiU Helper / Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did the devs manage to find the addresses for the updated software in 5.5.0 and 5.5.1 so quickly? (such as the 5.5 web browser and OSv11 for 5.5?)
is it just reverse-engineering skills all over again?
Well pyGecko makes finding addresses easy, so just find the addresses that coreinit uses manually, and then use pyGecko for the rest. ;)

Or we can just find the DynLoad and Aquire function addresses, and go from there.

D

Deleted User

Well pyGecko makes finding addresses easy, so just find the addresses that coreinit uses manually, and then use pyGecko for the rest. ;)

Or we can just find the DynLoad and Aquire function addresses, and go from there.
So how do we find the coreinit/DynLoad/Aquire addresses then?

Shmario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm still on 5.5.0 and can play Mario Kart 8 just fine online. I've using TubeHax DNS and URL blocked on my router. Most likely overkill having both.

That's the only game I have that goes online. Granted, I can't enter the eShop, but I've only ever used it to get the free game that came with MK8.
The thing is, u can Play Mario Kart 8 And Smash Bros Wii u on 5.5.0 but when a game get a recent update(Xenoblade Chronicles X case) they don't let u play online Until u Update your system to the most recent firmware(5.5.1 in this case)so...5.5.0 cannot play Xenoblade Chronicles X online now,and i guess Splatton cannot play online on 5.5.0...but i cannot confirm Splatoon i only have Xenoblade Chronicles X ,Smash bros Wii U and Mario Kart 8.

D

Deleted User

I have a question. What do the heapcreate and heapsearch examples do? Could they be tweaked to find the new addresses of coreinit/DynLoad functions for 5.5?

XeonZephos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is, u can Play Mario Kart 8 And Smash Bros Wii u on 5.5.0 but when a game get a recent update(Xenoblade Chronicles X case) they don't let u play online Until u Update your system to the most recent firmware(5.5.1 in this case)so...5.5.0 cannot play Xenoblade Chronicles X online now,and i guess Splatton cannot play online on 5.5.0...but i cannot confirm Splatoon i only have Xenoblade Chronicles X ,Smash bros Wii U and Mario Kart 8.
Yeah you can't play Splatoon on 5.5.0. Should I update to 5.5.1 considering that 5.5.1 is 5.5.0 (Idk much about 5.5.1 but I assume that it's very similar to 5.5.0)?

Last edited by XeonZephos,

MrRean

WiiU Helper / Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I've been a dick lately about the Loadiine shit so I'm just going go clear that up.

I mostly did Loadiine for fun, not intending to release it at all just for the lolz and for the challenge, I didn't expect people to go nuts about it, so I decided to leave it to the developers.

However, recently I have indeed been waving it into people's faces (unintentionally) that I have it and others don't, so I'm going to go ahead and cease that. I'm still not going to release it, because the original developers can do this.

Sorry for shit that I've done, tl;dr.

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I think I've been a dick lately about the Loadiine shit so I'm just going go clear that up.

I mostly did Loadiine for fun, not intending to release it at all just for the lolz and for the challenge, I didn't expect people to go nuts about it, so I decided to leave it to the developers.

However, recently I have indeed been waving it into people's faces (unintentionally) that I have it and others don't, so I'm going to go ahead and cease that. I'm still not going to release it, because the original developers can do this.

MrRean you are fine sweety.

ant888

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Uh, actually, you have done no harm, and I respect you. So no need to worry about this nonsense. People whining about Loadiine and all, should really appreciate the work you guys have done, even if you are not going to release it. (Unless I'm entirely missing what you said).

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
ok and let's clear this up too

if you are on 5.5.0, update and block updates.
If you are on 5.5.1, block updates.

If you are on 5.4.0 and below, stay right where you're at.
Ive been waiting for an actual dev to say this, thank you. Far to many speculators on here.

Reactions: ant888

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country

Loadiine crap aside.
Can you share the elf loader capability for the 5.5 folks? There seems to be a big interest in developing userland stuff but the elf example isn't clear to them. Since you've got a working elf loader in 5.5 you'd be doing them a a service by providing that in the libwiiu examples.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Soi soi soi rofl rofl rofl