So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
It's a small, small, world (of warcraft)

So, tell me true...
.. is WoW any fun if you don't plan on living there?
Is there such a beast as a casual WoW player?

Just curious, I've got a demo for the mac, and I'd wouldn't mind seeing what the fuss is about.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you start casual, you'll probably go hardcore.

Oh, and I recorded that whole thing. Those NPC's respawn too fast
frown.gif

Oh, if you meet me and you're horde(and under lvl 48) beware
evil.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5034/wo...07164519xl1.jpg

Look at the crit
happy.gif

edit: @ Mthrnite: Sure, the game is fun in the lower levels, and can be played each day for an hour, but for higher levels (45-70) you'll need about an hour or two to run the dungeons.

And if you do start playing, play alliance on Anvilmar. That's where all the cool kids play
nyanya.gif

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dungeons, eh? Like, cool, puzzle solving dungeons ala OoT & TP or run-and-gun, err, run-and-cast-magical-spells-of-magic dungeons?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's puzzle solving, but strategic fighting is a big role. Running in and just trying to kill everything will give you "You have died. Return to the graveyard?" screen pretty fast.

Oh, and all dungeons are multiman.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ouch, and I mean, seeing how much people love this game and all, wouldn't you personally have a greater sense of accomplishment and self-satisfaction by doing it the hard way? If you can't be happy from that then at least keep your wallet feeling happy, hmm?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I guess it's the same kind of people that use cheat codes in games, or (speaking of wallets) buy the Gameshark or Codebreaker or something, so they wouldn't have to go through the tedious business of "playing" the game
rolleyes.gif

EDIT: A thought:
Animal Crossing: Wild world sold in over 5 million copies worldwide, making it one of the most massive MMORPGs in the world (technically, it is a MORPG).

A DS game
blink.gif

Am I the only one who's amazed by that?

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's not a MMORPG by any sensible definition. It's not even really an RPG... It's not a MMOG either. No massive multiplaying to be found anywhere. It IS a MOG which would just mean multiplayer online game.
wink.gif
It's also not amazing.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive got a bad experience with this game..
Here in the dorms, the neighbor next to me plays wow ALL DAY. Literally. When I wake up, hes playing wow (i never see him go to class
unsure.gif
maybe he goes at the same time as me) when I go to sleep, hes playing wow. Ive only seen him get out of the room for food, and restroom. We were all amazed when he came over to my room and asked if we had any thumb tacks. It takes over lives
cry.gif

Scary
unsure.gif

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
puzzle solving? World of Warcraft doesnt have puzzle solving... just hack and slash, with quests.... LOTS OF THEM.

Its more like a game to be with friends and stuff, i'm a casual player, i play sometimes not always, not everyday, when i have the time i play (although paying hurts, but whatever its just 12.99€ per month)

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Ive got a bad experience with this game..
Here in the dorms, the neighbor next to me plays wow ALL DAY. Literally. When I wake up, hes playing wow (i never see him go to class
unsure.gif
maybe he goes at the same time as me) when I go to sleep, hes playing wow. Ive only seen him get out of the room for food, and restroom. We were all amazed when he came over to my room and asked if we had any thumb tacks. It takes over lives
cry.gif

Scary
unsure.gif

Now that is something that should be taken out of context
lecture.gif

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
puzzle solving? World of Warcraft doesnt have puzzle solving... just hack and slash, with quests.... LOTS OF THEM.

Its more like a game to be with friends and stuff, i'm a casual player, i play sometimes not always, not everyday, when i have the time i play (although paying hurts, but whatever its just 12.99€ per month)
Well not puzzle solving, but it definatly needs strategy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, I might resume using gdevelop