Hacking A few questions about the CycloDS.

CatScam

ScamaRama!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I’ve had a few friends asking me about the CycloDS interface & was hoping someone could clear up a few things.

1. From the few videos I’ve seen the CycloDS always boots into the DS screen. Can the CycloDS boot directly into the boot screen with the 3 icons? Or do you always have to tap the screen to get to it.

2. The CycloDS only shows a selection of 4 games at a time. Is there a way to have it show 10 to 15 available games per page like the R4 or SC-Mini?

3. What kind of save system is the CycloDS using? One like the M3 were it saves first to the battery then SD card, or more like the SC directly to the SD card.

Thanks for the info.
grog.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. It can boot directly if you enable auto-boot DS game in the DS firmware.

2. They are working on a list-based menu as well (so it will resemble the moonshell layout).

3. Direct to card save, like the R4.

In other news, my new CDSEVO doesn't work. Gotta get it replaced
sleep.gif

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you just receive your Evo, or have you had it for a while? And are you getting it replaced through TC or the site you got it from?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did you just receive your Evo, or have you had it for a while? And are you getting it replaced through TC or the site you got it from?

TC is doing it for me. Foolishly, I made him the deal that I would pay shipping registered (required) in exchange for the white shell so I can paint it. I probably shouldn't have seeing as registered parcel from Australia to their factory in Hong Kong is like 13 USD.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So did it arrive to you defective? And he's sending you back the shell the pcb came in? That's pretty cool.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It arrived from gp2xstore.com defective, but I'm getting the replacement from the factory itself. I'm not very ticked off at postage times, seeing as the cyclo evolution came from the US in 5 days, which is very surprising for the cheapest shipping there.

I made him the deal to keep the shell, and send only back the PCB in the tin and foam with the arrangement that they would not need to reimburse shipping fees.

I'm going to paint it black later, so hopefully this turns out well.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, please post after you're done painting it. I'm interested to see how it comes out. There's one cart of mine that I would like to paint.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My new recommendation - do not paint it.

RIMG0006-1.jpg

It hardly fits in my DS without the PCB, let alone with it (don't have it atm). I'm hoping this will be fixed when I've let the paint out for a few days - it feels slightly sticky at the moment, but I think that's the nature of the paint.

In fact it is only difficult to remove because of the sticky/grippy feel.

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you paint the whole cart? When I get my navy blue ds lite, I'm just gonna paint the top side of the cart (the part that shows when it's in a ds).

linkycat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's strange all the reports you hear of different people getting different results with this cart. Strange that so much depends on what kind of memory you are using! Does this apply to all flashcarts? I have only ever used internal memory cards.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes it depends on the memory you are using, and it also depends on the card. I've heard the CycloDS Evo doesn't freeze using the Toshiba 2GB, but I can guarantee it does on the R4.

Internal memory typically has no issues now with game speed/compatibility

squall3031

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yes it usually depends on the micro sd card you are using.
This made me sold my M3 DS simply to a friend and I plan to get G6 DS Real when the time comes (When i have enough money, that is)

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes it depends on the memory you are using, and it also depends on the card. I've heard the CycloDS Evo doesn't freeze using the Toshiba 2GB, but I can guarantee it does on the R4.

It doesn't freeze on the R4... At least thats what the wiki says.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

It doesn't freeze on the R4... At least thats what the wiki says.

You mean here?
http://wiki.scorpei.com/index.php/R4_compatibility_list

Oh wait. It says it does freeze with the Toshiba/Kingston 2GB

KunioKing

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
what's the best slot 2 device for use with the CycloDS? my girlfriend LOST my DS-X so i'm looking to get a new slot-1 that kicks ass AND will work well with a SLOT 2 for emulators and GBA. any ideas? thanks.
wtf.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdMSPaHhmbI +1