Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
A fond farewell to GBAtemp!
Retirement & goodbyes
I have been a member of this fantastic community for close to nine years and probably a staff member for eight of those. But the time has come to announce my retirement as a staff member.

gbatempgoodbye.png

I’ve been with GBAtemp right from the beginning and seen it grow into the huge community it is today. Like a lot of you I remember the very early days of GBA flashcards – Flash Advance cards, PogoShell and Serial port flashers – then came the DS stuff like passme’s and eventually Slot-1 flashcards. The future holds a lot of promise with the excellent 3DS and whatever new console the big N is cooking up. The scene has come a long way, and GBAtemp has as well.

The site has grown in the nine years I’ve been a member, and so have I. I’ve met a lot of fantastic people here and am immensely thankful to the members and other staff who have made this site into what it is today. But I’ve found that other things in life are taking up more and more attention and I don’t think I’d be able to continue to give GBAtemp the attention it deserves.

I hope you have enjoyed my reviews, news and opinions over the years just as much as I’ve enjoyed serving the community. You’ll probably still see me around on GBAtemp from time to time - I won’t disappear off the face of the planet - but it will probably be less frequent.

And finally, in the immortal words of the silliest retirement speech from an Australian Prime Minister I’ve ever heard, ‘I’ve gotta zip!’

The Composer

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
You were one of my inspirations in hopes of becoming a good journalist.

Thanks for all those reviews and news you brought us! GBATemp shall remember your name for ages to come.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I suppose all that remains is to say may you see your present and future efforts bring rewards (journalism as I recall).

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
I remember you publishing the DSTT review and thanks to you and your review, you have helped me get into the flash card scene. I won't forget the day I got my first flashcart, the DSTT, and was able to play the games that I really, really wanted to play (before I got the pirate's syndrome)

Goodbye and all the best!

Z

Zorua

Why are so many staffers leaving all of a sudden?
cry.gif

I don't know you guys personally, but it's sad to see a staffer go.
sad.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • OfficialGamer @ OfficialGamer:
    tbh I don't take jokes sometimes
    just because of the whole thing with texting though websites and stuff you cant hear peoples voices stuff like that
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Why are conservative "Christians" so against LGBTQ and gender affirming surgeries? They supposedly believe in the BIble, but the BIble clearly states that God himself took man parts and turned them into a woman.
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    what
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, don't ask that here
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    anyway, I really don't know what are the criterias for leveling up
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I'm here since 2017 and I'm still level 10, I think it is far behind most people that here for less time than me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @OfficialGamer, start by trying to pm @shaunj66 or it very well could be an xp thing
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    so posting messages doesn't count, only new threads
  • OfficialGamer @ OfficialGamer:
    I think so yea
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    that explains, I already have over 500 messages in here, but I'm not making a thread every single day
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I will continue to ask what ever I feel like asking. lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    not the type of thing I would do
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, most of my exp comes from my reaction score and threads posted
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I mean, I've never seen a message on a thread with more than 30 reactions at max
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just be a mod, insta likes for xp
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    and based on the table reactions only give 1 xp
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And insta fear from your enemies
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, i always posted on the eof meme threads
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    xp is arbitrary anyway
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: