A good day to die hard

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
are directors gonna add garbage cyber hacking story lines to movies in the near future? I can't take em' seriously at all. bring the 90's and 00's back!!!!

these cyber hacking skilled ultra smart killers...makes me laugh.

Others are have a great time but er herm

1995 for those not around/too lazy to roll up to imdb/see the youtube title.

Others reading if you can still find a copy of http://events.ccc.de/congress/2011/Fahrplan/events/4751.en.html (stream might be available- http://mirror.informatik.uni-mannhe...p/wmv/[4751] The Hack will not be televised?/ ) I highly recommend it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you think the storyline to Skyfall was cyberhacking then you are clearly a complete and utter idiot.

EDIT: I dunno how this turned into a Bond thread but while we're at it, there's few things I truly pride myself on. One of them is James Bond. I am obsessed with the movies. I own every single one of them. That being said, Skyfall was one of the best. It was original and inventive to not be a by-the-books Bond but well written enough to still be one at its core. It presented a great villain, one who wasn't comically evil like other Bond villains but who had real character. You got a more personal side of Bond and M, and the story wasn't about Bond saving the world, it was a small story of revenge. It was so different in that but still kept Bond's signature charm, brought back gadgets (not stupid ones, mind you), gave appropriate nods to the franchise, and was a Bond film in its whole. Hell, my only complaint with the movie is two mediocre greenscreen shots (one on the opening bike chase and one when he's hanging onto the elevator).

Skyfall and A Good Day to Die Hard, no comparison. Skyfall is a beautifully filmed movie with great writing, great performances, and great cinematography. It has motivations, set ups and payoffs, deep characters, all while still being an action movie. A Good Day to Die Hard is the lowest form of film. A cheap, poorly made cash-in on a popular franchise name. Terrible writing, no character, sloppy cinematography.

Even if you don't like Skyfall as a Bond movie, give credit where it's due. It's a beautiful film in terms of acting, direction, and cinematography. You may not like how it is written in terms of Bond but as a movie it is well written. It fits every category of what makes a good script.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I literally saw Skyfall for the first time Saturday, and Really liked it.
Especially all those little Hat tips to the old Bond Movies.
I was really depressed when I had to watch that Aston Martin be torn apart... Probably the only scene that made me wanna cry ;O;
As for the movie this topic is about... I'd rather discuss more James Bond.
Where is Hadrian and Why hasn't he turned this into a Bond Thread?

Reactions: Black-Ice

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @MysticStarlight, Hello