A good deal or too good to be true?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fifa 22 costs in europe for steam actually 60€ incl tax -> ~87CAD (1€/1,44CAD). Ya, 100CAD for the game would ~13CAD to much.
My guess is that its because of the general increase of video game cost in usa, for a AAA, games are getting a cost increase from 60usd to 70usd

Reactions: Sypherone

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mmmh yea... well, thats not really how it works between usa and canada
See? Due to the difference between CAD and USD, people from USA started buying some stuff in Canada and selling them regular price in USA
That way, they were making, as I said, about 25-30% profit
So they increased the price of many types of product, like electronics
I get your point, but Big Mac weren't affected by that price increase, since no one will try to go in canada, buy a big mac, and sell it in usa
This makes me wonder if it's technically legal just to have a buddy in the US order it for you, then send it to you directly. I mean, it would suck to have to pay for the shipping, but if it's that substantial of a savings, I don't see any harm in it.

The company is still selling one of its products for a price they were willing to accept from one person in one part of the world. Where you are geographically shouldn't be a penalty to you.

Look at how much this would cost in America.

If it's legal, I'm sure SOMEONE here would be happy to help. Maybe even post the same item as an eBay listing

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221229-184807.png
    Screenshot_20221229-184807.png
    423.8 KB · Views: 20

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This makes me wonder if it's technically legal just to have a buddy in the US order it for you, then send it to you directly. I mean, it would suck to have to pay for the shipping, but if it's that substantial of a savings, I don't see any harm in it.

The company is still selling one of its products for a price they were willing to accept from one person in one part of the world. Where you are geographically shouldn't be a penalty to you.

Look at how much this would cost in America.

If it's legal, I'm sure SOMEONE here would be happy to help. Maybe even post the same item as an eBay listing
Mmmh, 68$?
Not that much a substantial saving, i mean, i'll still have to pay with cad converted to usd, so those 68usd will cost me like 90cad or so
Is it worth the trouble and the shipping cost?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello
I'm currently looking for an hdd (dont bother telling me an ssd is better, i wont use that one for gaming)
I just found this on amazon(see image below)
The 4tb one is perfect forme, size wise and price wise
However, the 2tb one right below makes me doubting...
Is this 4tb hdd has a price that is too good to be true?
Is this brand good? Or it will break in less than a year?
I'd like to know your thoughts
ThanksView attachment 345007
At one point you could get 12TB drives for a similar price as that 8TB, there are really good sales on HDDs sometimes. This isn't a particularly great deal, but prices have gone up, so it's expected. The best deal is usually found by buying WD My Book or EasyStore (Best Buy) external drives, and taking them out of the enclosure.
Seagate drives in general tend to fail more often than other brands, but they're also cheaper than other brands. The failure rate is not unreasonably high compared to other brands but I've had bad luck with them personally so I stick to WD/HGST, the price difference is not that much.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might wanna check out newegg.ca directly too. They've got some decent deals on WD black hdd's as well.

https://www.newegg.ca/black-wd6004fzwx-6tb/p/N82E16822234501 6tb for less than the 4tb version. Might be more than you're wanting to pay though.
that's my favorite hdd. I have a 5TB one for my nvidia shield, one for my ps4, and one for my ps5. I think 5TB is still the largest you can get that doesn't need a power source.

Reactions: fringle

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that's my favorite hdd. I have a 5TB one for my nvidia shield, one for my ps4, and one for my ps5. I think 5TB is still the largest you can get that doesn't need a power source.
WD's are solid. Can't say I've never had an issue with them but they've always replaced any that died on me without question even when out of warranty.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/