Hacking A little advice on my setup

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So i have a lunch switch on firmware 2.0
Id really like to keep 2.0 on it in case a cold boot drops one day.
So i was considering an emunand to utilize the 9.x firmware to play newer games while leaving the stock nand on 2.0 and untouched.
Now i recall a while ago 4.0 i think and now 9.0 also update the gamecard firmware which I would also like to prevent.
I did want to go with XSOS forn xci loading from a hdd in docked mode (as i only play that way) and i know xsos does this but I remember their wasnt a way to block gamecart updates witu XSOS.
Now if thats still the case i dont mind using atmosphere for the time being and maybe even doing a modchip.
But just wanted to get your thoughts as to what would be the best route to keep my 2.0 firmware and gamecart OG firmware but be able to boot to an alternate fw for new games.
Thanks guys
I don't see much point in keeping gamecart firmware low when it's so limited what games you'll be able to play on 2.0 anyway and realistically when are you ever going to use a lower FW? If coldboot drops you would continue using your emuNAND anyway, just launching it by a different method.

m37r01d

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea that is also true. Which in that case i guess I could just go the xsos route. I just hate updating stuff if i cant flash back. But deff a route to consider

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4U-CrK4Hug