ROM Hack Suggestion A mod to remove Final Fantasy 9's border?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Title. Would be grateful if anyone took the time make this quality of life mod.
You want to delete this grey borders or crop game to whole screen? Because second may not be possible without deassembling. First one demands converting Tex to DDS, edit and DDS to Tex, but first you need to locate this file (which i couldn't find - nothing looks exactly the same, texture may be in different size, but stretched and filtered in postprocessing).

Yes, can we get the HD backgrounds modded in as well?
No, because PC modded textures need modified CAssembly (they have different aspect ratio, so chunks are arranged differently - probably because of legal stuff), so someone needs to modify exefs. That is not an easy task. Or someone other could make this textures. :v

Last edited by masagrator,

hitodesu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You want to delete this grey borders or crop game to whole screen? Because second may not be possible without deassembling. First one demands converting Tex to DDS, edit and DDS to Tex, but first you need to locate this file (which i couldn't find - nothing looks exactly the same, texture may be in different size, but stretched and filtered in postprocessing).

No, because PC modded textures need modified CAssembly (they have different aspect ratio, so chunks are arranged differently - probably because of legal stuff), so someone needs to modify exefs. That is not an easy task. Or someone other could make this textures. :v
Yeah I'm looking to delete the grey borders

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is it possible to port the Moguri Mod to the Switch version of FF9?

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Playing handheld, it's not so bad. It's noticeable, but not that bad. The characters are a bit too high res for me, but I played it on launch, so I am biased.

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Playing handheld, it's not so bad. It's noticeable, but not that bad. The characters are a bit too high res for me, but I played it on launch, so I am biased.
This is why I'm currently in a middle of a play though, via RetroArch. The hires ports just dont look right.

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL! Then learn how to do it yourself. Dont ask us to do it for you. You silly. Oh, you are 20 years old. Come on, learn how to do it.
hitodesu was asking politely, without ordering people and without being aggressive about it. You, on the other hand, are acting like a jerk, telling him to do something he may not be able to do on his own. Someone cannot go from 0% understanding of romhacking to 100% master of modifications simply by telling them to.

If you are so sure of yourself and your ego, how about you show us how it is done then, hmm? Based on your logic of age = ability, you should be more than competent in doing this, as you've been a member since 2002, giving you 17 years of experience.

habla2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since i started playing this game now, i wondered, if by now, there is a mod to replace the grey border with simple black ones? the grey texture thingy mismatches the game graphics a lot. a simple black border would be much better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1