A mysterious silhouette relating to a well known game to be reborn, GameFreak.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Call me crazy, but:
300px-Moomin_kuva.JPG

Slamicite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Moomin X Pokemon?
Viva Pinata X Pokemon
.Hack// X Pokemon

" That classic game that is played around the world, reborn in collaboration surprise! " is the writing
other text on the site
"Game Freak open the official website of mystery!?"
Pokémon x Barkley: Pocket Ballers

Obviously it's Metroid Prime 4 and behind the silhouette is Samus with a new form of the power suit.
You're right about the power suit, but I'm pretty sure it's Barkley who's wearing it.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thinking about the games developed by GameFreak, Pokemon and Pulseman are the two that seem to correspond with the message. However, that silhouette looks nothing like anything to come from Pulseman.

I can only believe that this is another franchise combining with Pokemon. I do not have high hopes for this, as what is pictured looks like a small horse. This can only mean bad things.

I don't think thats necessarily true at all. Game Freak has become a handheld software company, and the few console things they've done in the past were 2D things. We're talking nothing from beyond the Playstation, and what they did on the Playstation wasn't nearly the marvel that we can see in X and Y. Even still they have no experience working in the HD world. This is what leads me to believe that this collaboration is Game Freaks first foray in years making a game for a console (very likely the Wii U). And what better series than to finally make an immersive 3D Pokemon MMO? So maybe they're only collaborating with a studio that knows what they're doing on consoles. Perhaps the likes of RETRO? So this wouldn't be a collaboration in the sense that two franchises are crossing over, it would be a collaboration in the sense that one company is helping Game Freak develop for a system they are much less familiar with.

Lestworth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to me the picture looks like a donkey. Now i swear a company had a donkey logo, but im not sure if they are still around, bought out, or merged with the companies in talk.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Random thought, what if GameFreak was making the next Dragon Quest Monsters games and that's one of the new mosters.

One could only dream of that though.

Edit: It also kinda looks like something from .Hack actually.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its very much Digimon style, and if they're bringing it back, who is to say its not a rookie of that "Mega" pokemon horse that had the bracelets?
Centarumon? He's not actually a direct evolution, he's a side one. His rookie is Agumon (a dinosaur)
Unimon? His rookie is generally Tapirmon, and that doesn't look like Tapirmon.
Pegasusmon? While it looks most like the picture, its rookie is Patamon, which has wings.

Reactions: Vahnyyz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Shubshub
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys when i get back on discord i'm making my pfp the smug DK face