New Zealand
ohi i'm house
ohmy.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't get why everyone raves about House. It's good for about 3 episodes, but then it gets same-y and the act gets old. Maybe there's something else I've missed.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... This give me idea !!

Macromedia Flash MX GO!!! (when I get back on the comp that has it installed)

teh_raf3

Whatever suits you
Trophies
Website
users.pandora.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't get why everyone raves about House. It's good for about 3 episodes, but then it gets same-y and the act gets old. Maybe there's something else I've missed.

Hugh Laurie... nuff said

I really like HouseMD, the actors are really good and the conversations are gold
smile.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hugh Laurie... nuff said

I really like HouseMD, the actors are really good and the conversations are gold
smile.gif
Yes, and the plot and story is just a unimportant, secondary little thing that does nothing more than be a backdrop for the really good actors to stand in front.

I've seen several episodes, and they were all... the same
dry.gif

The story is always the same, only the illness is different. Everything else is just there as an excuse to have Hugh Laurie act pissed off. Or just pissed.

I liked him better in Black Adder
happy.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
There's definitely a story line, you just have to watch the episodes from the first one and follow on...
That's not really a storyline, that's only continuity
happy.gif

Little bits and pieces they add to episodes to make them more interesting come back to haunt the writers a couple of episodes later, and seem like a deeper storyline. And before you know it, you're trapped in the web of hints and clues and odds and ends that don't let you write anything that could contradict what you wrote earlier, no matter how lightly you took it at first. In the end, the only thing you can do is just follow the story you accidentally created by trying to add flavour to the show. And if the story gets stuck, just say the last several episodes were a dream
happy.gif

Anyways, humouristic series try to avoid continuity like the plague, because it leads to drama, and humour is "out of place" more and more often, until you have a soap opera on your hands.

Just ask Kristopher Straub. He tried to fight it, but it's impossible.

And after you remove the 5% of each episode spent on "storyline" (as you would call it), or "continuity" (as I call it), the remaining 95% are always... the same...
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: I fixed it, just uninstalled SDUSB