"A new update is available. It will be downloaded now." When starting Game

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installed DBI and ran the delete orphaned files but no luck...it seems to be Game updates that the Update prompt is referring to as it only happens on about 50% of all my games ...
Post automatically merged:

it's on around 50% of my games within Atmosphere, so that would take quite a while and wouldn't the get me banned by Nintendo and also break my games ?

They meant update your game by installing pirated updates just like you did the base game. Or you can just ignore the update request and hit cancel and start the game. I'm not sure how to get it back to where it doesn't prompt for updates mine used to do it now it doesn't but I'm not sure what I did.

Edit: nm, didn't read far enough down to realize you fixed the issue.

Last edited by Jayinem,

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would use something like AiO Updater which has a tool to check games for updates and manually download them online and update them, especially if cleaning orphaned files don't work.

My feeling is just that you did the classic mistake of relying on 90DNS a bit too much. Should have used exosphere to blank the prodinfo at least in addition to that. I think there's also a hosts file in atmosphere that can be used to basically do the same as 90DNS but in a more reliable way.

I also do think that the FW at some point does know when a game do have updates, I don't have sources but I'm pretty sure that some of my games sometimes want an update even tho I'm on my blanked emunand (like if I want to boot up ARMS on 1.0 it'll ask for an update). What that means is that to get rid of those then ... update the game. Manually if it's not a game you own.

But since it's been popping in after going online, you've probably been in contact with Nintendo and ... well you know

EDIT : After thinking about it, maybe it's not because the FW knows there's an update for ARMS but more because I updated the game once and deleted it (I own the cartridge) for disk space, so now if I try to boot up it remembers there used to be an update.
as far as i know blanking prodinfo on 17.0 doesnt work.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Literally the first time I hear about that, do you have any sources for that ? That's quite surprising to me
It's in so many threads but the Atmosphere thread have it

TLDR:
If you only prodblank and don't block Nintendo, error!
If you prodblank and block Nintendo, works!
If you don't prodblank and block Nintendo, safe!
If you don't prodblank and don't block Nintendo, ban (probably)

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's in so many threads but the Atmosphere thread have it

TLDR:
If you only prodblank and don't block Nintendo, error!
If you prodblank and block Nintendo, works!
If you don't prodblank and block Nintendo, safe!
If you don't prodblank and don't block Nintendo, ban (probably)
Thanks, I'll check that out
Good thing I didn't updated then

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Never heard about this. Any source for it since it sounds really dumb if true.
I think it's partially incorrect, there is a database of game updates that is updated every time you go online, but not when you update firmware, this gets copied when you create emuNAND, so initially on a newly hacked system you will get these prompts a lot, but after updating your games once it never appears again (since emuNAND never connects to Nintendo servers)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...