PacDan16

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Upon installing v0.3.0, I noticed that the app banner and jingle are missing, and I got a "Arm 11 (Code 0) Data Abort - Translation - Section" crash about five seconds after the app booted. If there's a better way to report this (I don't want to flood this thread with these kind of messages), please let me know.

Last edited by PacDan16,
Reactions: KyoIsHacking

ChronosNotashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that would take away part of the fun. Netpass isn't made for constant Streetpass checks like you went to a convention, it's meant to offer a more organic and unpredictable alternative to outdoors streetpassing. If we knew where most people are, then only 1 place would end up crowded and the two others become useless. I think 10 hours is more than enough, that was like the average amount of time we spent away from home during school if the commute is a bit long. If your goal is to grind streetpass games in a long session, then simply backup and recycle your CECD once you have gathered a bunch of streetpass checks. I used to do that before we had Netpass.
Not that we can all shove into one area permanently anymore. New update prevents going into the same location twice in a row.

ShyTenda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can report that this same error is happening on v0.2.5., now occuring every single time before I can choose a location -- looks like the error happrns always around after "Checking inbox 7/9" displays. If I manage to enter a location before that's shown on the bottom screen, I can bypass this error.
This bug is still present on v0.3.0., for me it happens a split second after the "choose a location" screen appears. Unfortunately until this bug is fixed this app is unusable for me.

Reactions: LNLenost

LNLenost

The Console Bricker
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Upon installing v0.3.0, I noticed that the app banner and jingle are missing, and I got a "Arm 11 (Code 0) Data Abort - Translation - Section" crash about five seconds after the app booted. If there's a better way to report this (I don't want to flood this thread with these kind of messages), please let me know.
Same

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
So how many streetpass hits for Bravely Second are people getting? Because I've gotten zero so far
Seven today (Plaza), zero yesterday (Train Station).
Point is IF you meet someone with this game.
Like I have only 2 for HW (all the time I use this app) and 7 for Kid Icarus

PacDan16

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I updated to 0.3.2 through Universal Updater but the app insists I only have 0.3.1 installed and notes that you should "please update" (even when I manually download the .cia from Gitlab). Looks like the app is already noticeably faster and didn't crash this time. New banner already too. I'm excited to see how the UI evolves. Good work

sorunome

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
New NetPass releases!

Hey all, sorry for the radio silence! Soru was very deep in development and uuuuuh it is really overwhelming with how many replies and feedback she is getting. Seriously, *thank you* everyone!

Soru released some fixes today, but one little bug (lol), if you have updated to v0.3.2 it still asks you to do that again. You know you are updated if it adds the new animated banner on the home screen.

For all of those with random crashes: They should be all fixed now! Both on uploading outbox *and* uploading inbox! It took quiiiiiiite some time to figure all that out, but finally, we have stability :)

Now that things are more stable, soru can focus on more features, specifically around getting streetpasses for a specific game (e.g. if not many use it but you still want to get a pass) and for just getting many passes. Maybe the two combined, not entirely sure.

As for the "Error entering location 409", that is either if you have a really old version of netpass or you don't have streetpass enabled in any games at all (should make the error better)

So yeah, thank you sooo much everyone for all the support, just please be patient; code-wise this is still just soru working on it, noone else, heh.

For anyone who wants to do translations, we have a weblate now, to make contributing translations easy! You can find it over here: https://weblate.sorunome.de/projects/netpass/app/

On the new release posts, soru is currently doing 1-2 releases per day, as to all the bugfixes and whatnot. We'll see how this will work out in a bit longer term. As NetPass itself now shows if there is an update, soru will not be doing a big post each small update

Keep on testing, updating and NetPassing everyone!

Hello! I am a musician with a knack for soft 3DS inspired tunes.... feel free to avoid bloat as its only a homebrew application, but I would like to propose perhaps a loading song! you can find it here:

htt_s://cdn.discordapp.c_m/attachments/638169370769752105/1235676508027355218/3ds_loading.mp3?ex=66353ced&is=6633eb6d&hm=1f2c4d2317533fd0c892c8abb22de39d57d58fc68f92b5b5df159a76f9fcd6c6&

(i know it looks very sketchy LOL dont have embed perms, dont use gbatemp too often. please replace the two _'s with a p and an o respectively)
its a demo made with synths ripped straight from 3DS and Wii software applications.

My favorite part of the 3DS was how it's applications were designed, a good balance of fun and responsiveness...made simple things like checking your playtime or changing your internet settings very charming. Blending in aesthetically with the 3DS system software would fit perfectly for a tool like this.
If you are interested, I would be happy to provide a menu tune as well! :)

edit: link shortener acted stupid sorry
ANOTHER edit: elaboration
Heya, we already have someone working on music, mayhaps you could join forces with them? That will be up to them, not soru. Feel free to join our discord, if interested!

Last edited by sorunome,

sagey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does UU have version 0.3.2 yet? I'm not sure how to update it, I havent checked the GitHub page to see if that had a tutorial.

Edit: it does, I just checked.

Edit 2: omg it has an icon on the top screen now thats so cute

Last edited by sagey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Youtubebox