PCSX2 HD texture pack group

Bloody Roar 3 texture pack, HD remaster (WIP)

pepodmc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
1- pantalla titulo new.jpg

4-seleccion personajes new.jpg

1- templo silencio original.jpg

1- templo silencio new.jpg

Hello. Im making a texture pack for this game.
What happens with various ps2 upscaled games is that, a lot of the upscaled textures, while looking better, cant hide its ps2 origins. So, im using various custom textures here and there, in some cases changing the original look of the stage (sometimes i try to put a texture simmilar to the original and in other situations, textures completely different)
I know that a lot of people prefer that texture packs keeps the original art style of the game, but, there are other texture packs making that already. So, It's just a matter of having more options to choose from regarding how to play these games.

This game have problems with texture duplicates. you can put new textures in some menus or stages and after playing a stage or going to another menu the new textures will not be applied. That happens because all textures have a name (hash) and some games have textures with not static hash, so, if the textures hash change , the name of the texture you previously added will not coincide with the new name (hash) of the same texture.
So you have to make a duplicate for each change of hash.
It was very difficult. Because it had a LOT of duplicates. it was a nightmare of duplicates so,after making thousands of duplicates (MANUALLY) , i found a way to be able to avoid making duplicates for all the fu**ing game but with some considerations:

1- Every time you start the game, you will start loading a savestate i made on the title select screen. i made this because the game change hash after videos, so , with a savestate , the game will start always with the hash i needed.

2-You will be able to play any mode of the game, and while you are inside that mode (arcade, training, survival) the changed textures will remain applied. But every time to want to change from one mode to another (going from arcade to survival for example) you will need to load the savestate, because every time you return from inside a game mode to the main menu screen after a fight, the textures will change)

3- After completing arcade mode, you will have to load the savestate because as, the credits video ends and you return to the main menu screen, the texture hash will change.

it's just a matter of loading a savestate in these situations. Because when hash change happens, not only the menu textures will stop being applied, some stage textures too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plus the texture pack , i made a spanish translation for this game ( im from argentina). Later i will make a version of this texture pack using the original US release.

And i made some changes to the UI when fighting too, so the screen would look as clean as possible (make the life bars thinner, the little beast button gone, you will notice the changes when you enable and disable the texture pack). I deleted the timer too, because the savestate will have the timer of fights disabled, so i could clean the fight screen ui even more. (and who would want to win by time in a fighting game? )

I changed the music of the game with bloody roar 2 and little of 4 for stages and other things. Changed some voices (long)...
I made a lot of changes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here i will put links of "IMGSLI" comparissons. With a slider that will make the comparisson easier. Will put a video too

delete the spaces

Menu:
h ttps://i mgsli.c om/M TY1NTU3/0/1

dino stage:

h ttps://i mgsli.c om/M TY1NTU4/0/1

cold stage:

h ttps://i mgsli.c om/M TY1NTU5/0/1

CITY STAGE:

h ttps://i mgsli.c om/M TY1NTYw/0/1

TEMPLE STAGE:

h ttps://i mgsli.c om/M TY1NTYx/0/1

LONG TIGER FORM NEW FUR:

h ttps://imgsli.c om/MTY1NTY2

UI CHANGES:

h ttps://i mgsli.c om/M TY1NTY3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will release this patch as a beta , because there are still duplicates to do and other things to do, improve and fix. I took the time to write the state of the project at the moment, so you know what will you find.
I think that i already made enough to make a release, the next one will be in some months because i want to rest of this game xd, I spend a lot of time with the duplicates.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Estoy haciendo un parche de texturas para el juego. Esta compuesto por texturas reescaladas y de texturas completamente nuevas. Se que por lo general, la gente siempre prefiere que se respete el estilo artistico original del juego y no se cambie ninguna textura, pero ya hay otros packs de texturas que hacen eso, por lo que era mejor hacer algo diferente.

Tambien modifique la musica del juego por temas del Bloody Roar 2 y 4. Hice una traduccion al español del juego y modifique algunas voces (Long,sheng long y el anunciador)

Este juego , asi como algunos juegos de ps2 tiene un problema con las texturas duplicadas. Ya que podes aplicar nuevas texturas a menus , personajes,etc, pero en el momento que pasas de un menu a otro (ponele del menu de seleccion de personajes a jugar una pelea) las texturas dejaran de aplicarse sobre el juego.
Esto sucede porque todas las texturas del juego (personajes , menus,etc) tienen un nombre (hash). Y en algunos juegos el nombre de las texturas , o sea el hash, no es estatico. Entonces al jugar el juego, el hash de las texturas va cambiando y deja de ser el mismo que le habias puesto vos a la textura, y queda como que no estas aplicando nada ya que la texturas tienen otro nombre ahora. Por lo que , por cada cambio de nombre , tenes que hacer un duplicado de la textura con ese nuevo nombre.
Despues de pensarla bastante , encontre una manera de dejar funcional al parche de texturas sin tener que hacer miles y miles de duplicados (que aun asi , hice como 4000 o mas MANUALMENTE).

Pero con ciertas concesiones:

1-
Cada vez que arranques el juego, vas a tener que cargar un savestate que hice en la pantalla de seleccion de modo de juego. Hice esto por el juego cambia el hash de texturas despues de reproducir un video (el juego arranca con videos). Por lo que , arrancando siempre con ese savestate, me aseguro de que el juego arranque siempre con los mismos hash de texturas.

2-
Seras capaz de jugar cualquier modo de juego , y mientras estes dentro de ese modo de juego (ya sea arcade,practica,supervivencia) las texturas cambiadas permaneceran aplicadas. Pero cada vez que quieras cambiar de modo (yendo del modo arcade al modo practica ponele) vas a tener que cargar el savestate, porque cada vez que desde dentro de un modo haces una pelea, y despues volves al menu principal, el hash de las texturas va a cambiar.

3-
Despues de completar el modo arcade, vas a tener que cargar el savestate, ya que, despues de terminar el video de los creditos (el que muestra los combos del juego) y vuelvas al menu principal, el hash de las texturas va a cambiar

it's just a matter of loading a savestate in these situations. Because when hash change happens, not only the menu textures will stop being applied, some stage textures too.
Es solo cuestion de cargar el savestate en esas situaciones. Porque cada vez que cambia el hash de texturas, no es que solamente van a dejar de aplicarse texturas de los menus, sino tambien de algunas pantallas y personajes.
El hecho de tener que hacer esto no es que me haya mandado una cagada con el parche o algo por el estilo, sino que pasa porque este juego es de esos juegos en los que los nombres de las texturas no son estaticos. Es una cagada pero es lo que hay. No queda otra.
Tambien modifique la interfaz del juego durante las peleas (barra de energia, etc) para que ocupen menos espacio en la pantalla y quede lo mas limpia posible de interfaz. Tambien elimine el contador de tiempo de los rounds ya que el savestate tiene el tiempo desactivado por defecto.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A este parche lo voy a lanzar como Beta ya que , todavia faltan duplicados por hacer y otras cosas que podria mejorar, pero hice suficiente como para lanzarlo por ahora, igual ya deje escrito el estado en el que esta en este momento. Pero sera dentro de unos meses, voy a descansar del juego por un tiempo, gaste demasiado tiempo con los duplicados.

Attachments

• 1- pantalla titulo original.jpg
    1- pantalla titulo original.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by pepodmc,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: