Hacking A newbie review of using R4i 3DS Gold Plus: ntrboothax

Dodoshwedo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the exact same card but I can't figure out how to run DS games on it. Is there a specific kernel I need to download for it? I can't find any info for this specific card (R4i 3DS Gold Plus) Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Ok I got it to work: I went to r4ids.cn ,clicked on downloads, scrolled down to Newest WOOD R4 kernel, clicked on download. I unzipped the file (Wood_R4iGold_V1.64.rar), then dragged the _rpg folder and the _DS_MENU.DAT file to the root of my SD card. I then made a folder named GAMES (at the root of my SD card aswell) and dragged some downloaded roms into it (ex: 2696 - Kirby Super Star Ultra.nds). Ejected sd card, placed it into R4 flashcart, inserted into 3DS, clicked on the game slot/cart icon, and it works! Just choose a game and play!
Hopefully this will help someone in the future who buys this flashcart.

Dodoshwedo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I got it to work: I went to r4ids.cn ,clicked on downloads, scrolled down to Newest WOOD R4 kernel, clicked on download. I unzipped the file (Wood_R4iGold_V1.64.rar), then dragged the _rpg folder and the _DS_MENU.DAT file to the root of my SD card. I then made a folder named GAMES (at the root of my SD card aswell) and dragged some downloaded roms into it (ex: 2696 - Kirby Super Star Ultra.nds). Ejected sd card, placed it into R4 flashcart, inserted into 3DS, clicked on the game slot/cart icon, and it works! Just choose a game and play!
Hopefully this will help someone in the future who buys this flashcart.
FYI if you want to return to the main menu of the R4 from a game, just press L+R+A+B+DPAD DOWN :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You gotta work and earn it