Not open for further replies.

blockman765

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone! I have been selecting parts for my new build. The issue is, you can't put a GPU and a CPU in the same rig. So I just don't know what to choose. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks, Quirky Turtle

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone! I have been selecting parts for my new build. The issue is, you can't put a GPU and a CPU in the same rig. So I just don't know what to choose. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks, Quirky Turtle

Wtf? A GPU and a CPU are two different things. A CPU is NEEDED for a computer to work. The GPU is optional. Get a GPU that matches your needs. Like a gtx1070 for games.

Last edited by Skyshadow101,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China

Thanks, Quirky Turtle
please ask someone help with your pc build, by saying what you just said it seems you are clueless about "building a pc" which worries me that you may waste a bunch of money and time and wreck it...

a gpu is connected to a pci-e slot of the motherboard
while the cpu goes into the dedicated cpu socket...

unless you are going with a micro\nano itx thing (an extremly small PC) you can fit a gpu just fine (unless you choose a very large one and your computer case can't fit it) but this means you are limited by your choise of case, but the cpu you choose has no way impact of being able to fit the gpu or not..

in fact, cpu usually has a built in GPU that is disabled when you plug a propper video card

ps. all i just said applies to modern pc's.. older pcs got stuff like AGP slots or old ass PCI

Last edited by migles,

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
motherboard-1.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay, no one is getting it. I don't blame you, it is an obscure reference.

0:12

this thread should be in EOF...

Reactions: blockman765
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1