• Poll closed .

huntertron1

dancing to music!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should i switch my dual boot system (ubuntu and windows 7 [1tb hdd being shared]) with just one os (ubuntu)

WiiHomebrew+Snes

Member of GBAtemp's shadow district
Trophies
Website
www.lucar.io
XP
Country
United States
Both, why limit your options. Although if you had to have one linux is not a bad choice, only problem is compatibility if you want to do certain things but even then there are usually ways around.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm happy with dual boot Linux / Windows 7. Windows is ok for gaming and some specific apps, and Linux for surfing every corner of the web without any fears of contamination. I install the same setup for family members's computers, and they're happy too. Best of both worlds.

huntertron1

dancing to music!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm happy with dual boot Linux / Windows 7. Windows is ok for gaming and some specific apps, and Linux for surfing every corner of the web without any fears of contamination. I install the same setup for family members's computers, and they're happy too. Best of both worlds.
true (also ive never seen the MAD log in a long time.)

Both, why limit your options. Although if you had to have one linux is not a bad choice, only problem is compatibility if you want to do certain things but even then there are usually ways around.
that is true . if i did made the switch i would chose Ubuntu or something similar

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
If you don't play AAA games, or compose music, go with Linux. Life will be better. If you do happen to play these games, you can at least setup a pass through with KVM.

ry755

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say just use Ubuntu (or any other Linux disto) as long as you don't need any Windows-only programs. Or if you do have Windows programs that you use, you could see if they work in Wine.

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate windows. I always try to maneuver around the forced updates, though I play alot of games and I had a laptop on ubuntu which I had to forget about playing some games because of horrible support. I play tons so for me, it'd be windows.

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? Why do people do this? This is a legitimate question. It makes absolutely no sense to do so.
Should I just update then? Idk most mods and devs for games that make good work often only make it available or work best on win.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Should I just update then? Idk most mods and devs for games that make good work often only make it available or work best on win.
You should always update your OS. Trading security and flaws for compatibility is a terrible idea. Don't believe scare hype about Windows. 95% is just anti-Windows propaganda and ignorance.

Reactions: JiveTheTurkey

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
You should always update your OS. Trading security and flaws for compatibility is a terrible idea. Don't believe scare hype about Windows. 95% is just anti-Windows propaganda and ignorance.
I will add that waiting a month or two for a feature update (1803 for instance) is not a bad idea. You’ll be missing out on the new features, but the security patches are still available and you won’t break stuff that haven’t been updated for the new build version.

Last edited by Originality,

huntertron1

dancing to music!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one reason thats leaning me over to ubuntu is that some programs run faster for my pc on ubuntu. i used dolphin as a simple test. my pc has integrated graphics because its a dell inspiron from walmart. dolphin on windows ran 60 fps if it was native resolution. while dolphin on ubuntu ran 60 fps on any resolution between 1x-3x depending on the game i played.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D