Hardware A weird Switch demo unit

3rror420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off I just want to say thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. I was able to get a switch I think is one of these quest models. I backed up the sdcard that was in it with the demo games and I also backed up the NAND. When I backed up the keys I ended up getting dev.keys, prod.keys, and title.keys. I got the thing booting into Atmosphere using the files you guys most generously provided and got AutoRCM working on it. My question is since I installed these mods on the sdcard using emuNAND, is it safe to update? The current firmware version is 6.2.0 and when we put a game cart into the thing it says it needs a update to play it. I bought this because the kid has a lite and wanted one he could play his games on the big screen with the family. I'll look into this some more to see if its possible to just spoof the firmware version or if it's safe to just update the thing and it'll update the emuNAND and not the system.

Thanks Again

3rror420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off I just want to say thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. I was able to get a switch I think is one of these quest models. I backed up the sdcard that was in it with the demo games and I also backed up the NAND. When I backed up the keys I ended up getting dev.keys, prod.keys, and title.keys. I got the thing booting into Atmosphere using the files you guys most generously provided and got AutoRCM working on it. My question is since I installed these mods on the sdcard using emuNAND, is it safe to update? The current firmware version is 6.2.0 and when we put a game cart into the thing it says it needs a update to play it. I bought this because the kid has a lite and wanted one he could play his games on the big screen with the family. I'll look into this some more to see if its possible to just spoof the firmware version or if it's safe to just update the thing and it'll update the emuNAND and not the system.

Thanks Again
I rolled the dice and updated with the cart from within Atmosphere and everything worked out fine.

LycanTrash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure it's been said already in this thread but is there a clear way to boot a kiosk switch into the normal home menu? Not to use as a normal switch but rather to change some settings and go back to demo mode. I had mine reinstalled using a demo install cartridge but now the screen goes dim for the screen burn in protection but I cannot enter settings to fix that with the home menu being inaccessible.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Current 1.3.0 prerelease.
This also switch to MITMing set:sys instead of spoofing fuses because apparently spoofing fuses isn't enough on some consoles.

Attachments

• 1.3.0-pre2.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 60
Reactions: William_2026

lsp199308

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Attached a patch to this message, apply it to AMS source code then compile it normally (there's some instructions somewhere on the repo iirc)
I've also attached a pre-built build.
Does this not apply to ams1.3.1? I am getting an error because I am also using DeviceID Exosphere Builder at the same time and I have a corrupt switch, thank you, can you share the latest patch? Thanks!

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this not apply to ams1.3.1? I am getting an error because I am also using DeviceID Exosphere Builder at the same time and I have a corrupt switch, thank you, can you share the latest patch? Thanks!
I always include a source patch in the zips I post, grab my 1.3.1 release and it'll be there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.walmart.com/ip/5193222892 lol on pro