Hardware A weird Switch demo unit

Randomgaming446

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm also throwing in a standalone ams_mitm kip now in the event anyone wants to use the official ams build with just my ams_mitm (which is the only thing my patch edits).
If anyone does this they must update the kip for each release.
ok sorry for bringing up a kinda old post but if i want to update to the newest atmosphere all i doo it though those two files in the patches folder

Modzvilleusa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to get tinfoil up and running on a kiosk unit? I'm running the patched 1.3.2 with sigpatches but keep getting the software could not start error.

Edit - For whatever reason I couldn't get the nsp version working at all but the nro version works fine.
Using an Oled Kiosk unit with hwfly installed running the patched 1.3.2 files from this thread.
I tried using the kip file as a launch option in hekate in tandem with vanilla atmosphere but got the software could not start error.
I added
kip1=ams_mitm.kip
to my hekate ini launch options. Does anyone know where ams_mitm.kip is supposted to go in the atmos folder these days? I tried putting it in atmosphere/kips but that didn't work either.

Last edited by Modzvilleusa,

exwilliam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
Does anyone know how to get tinfoil up and running on a kiosk unit? I'm running the patched 1.3.2 with sigpatches but keep getting the software could not start error.
Mine is Edev unit instead.
Still unable to run atmosphere :(
I'm still hoping some one to come on with a fix!

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Edit - For whatever reason I couldn't get the nsp version working at all but the nro version works fine.
Using an Oled Kiosk unit with hwfly installed running the patched 1.3.2 files from this thread.
I tried using the kip file as a launch option in hekate in tandem with vanilla atmosphere but got the software could not start error.
I added
kip1=ams_mitm.kip
to my hekate ini launch options. Does anyone know where ams_mitm.kip is supposted to go in the atmos folder these days? I tried putting it in atmosphere/kips but that didn't work either.
It's b/c whatever patches don't apply to my ams build.
Using the ams_mitm kip with regular ams should work, if it doesn't "dunno."
atmosphere/kips is correct for fusee, for hekate it can be anywhere.

Modzvilleusa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It's b/c whatever patches don't apply to my ams build.
Using the ams_mitm kip with regular ams should work, if it doesn't "dunno."
atmosphere/kips is correct for fusee, for hekate it can be anywhere.
Thanks for the reply!
Edit - I was having a wonky sd card issue, ran it threw diskpart clean, started over and got it working with the kip file on vanilla atmosphere.
This sorted out the tinfoil issue and the nsp version now works totally fine.
Since it needs to boot from fusee.bin, you'll need to disable / enable emummc in hekate to toggle between sysnand and emummc. Having different launch options won't cut it as launch option like emummc_force_disable=1 only work with package3.
Thanks a ton for making this!

Last edited by Modzvilleusa,

Modzvilleusa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Previous owner probably factory reset it (Edit: or removed the SD card it originally used), which is not a good thing to do on these units.

The only difference between retail and kiosks units is that one extra fuse it burnt, secure monitor checks that fuse and sets a value accordingly. If that value is set to 1/true qlaunch will try to load program ID 0100069000078000 automatically on boot, regardless of whether it’s installed or not, if it’s not installed or fails to run, that’s the error you get.

There are a couple work arounds for both getting it to boot to qlaunch normally, as well as reinstalling RIDM + Demos and using it as a demo console again.
Can you elaborate on how to restore one of these to a demo console?
Lets say it started as a factory reset error console and it's able to run homebrew, what needs to be done in order to restore the demo mode software?

adiidad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lets say it started as a factory reset error console and it's able to run homebrew, what needs to be done in order to restore the demo mode software?
Did u get any help with that, i have the same problem and i will like to get my kiosk unid back to factory software

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did u get any help with that, i have the same problem and i will like to get my kiosk unid back to factory software
You can grab whatever demo NSPs and install them using the ams builds I've posted in this thread. Best way to get them is to extract them from dump of a QCIT cartridge dump (more recent, the better, I know there's a dump of a v16 on some archive.org page), as those copies use common tickets and don't require sigpatches to use.

I cannot make any guarantees you'll not get banned if you try to update online after doing this. For optimal chances don't touch sigpatches or anything that'd require them, and use nsps from QCIT (since they don't need sigpatches).

Blackd1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
i need help with a bayontta 3. xci im getting error ( return to home menu) . i have a kiosk unit on latest atmosphere latest sigpatches too. i had the same problem with metroid dread but it works after i aplied a tittle update . but bayo 3 doesnt have title update yet.

Last edited by Blackd1985,
Reactions: Magnus Hydra

spacewalk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i need help with a bayontta 3. xci im getting error ( return to home menu) . i have a kiosk unit on latest atmosphere latest sigpatches too. i had the same problem with metroid dread but it works after i aplied a tittle update . but bayo 3 doesnt have title update yet.
I was having same issue with another game, and after updating to latest ams game issues. I deleted the game and did new install. Fixed!

jarod666

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi everyone,

I have similar problem with one switch I have, looks this could be demo unit as well. But let me tell you my story.

I bought used, damaged switch, it is V2 model. It was some time ago but as far I remember there was faulty USB port. I have replaced it, charged battery and it was working, at least partially. I was unable to run any game, no matter if from game card or installed from my account. Each time I was getting this message: Could not start the software. Please try again from HOME Menu. After each time system asking to perform data corruption check, nothing found and again same error message.
I was looking for solution and came across this topic.
Since this is V2 model, only way to run homebrew apps is to install mod chip. Well, I had one HWFLY, installed it. Was able to run Hekate, Atmosphere without issues. Installed few homebrew apps, including emulators, all working. But, still I was unable to run any game, still getting that error: Could not start the software
I have tried latest compiled Atmosphere from ZachyCatGames and still same same error, unless I did something wrong with installation.
Current system version is 14.1.2|AMS 1.4.0|E

- Should I consider that switch as demo unit or maybe there is problem elsewhere ?
- Is there an option to verify through Hekate or some app if that additional fuse was burnt ?

Any suggestions, much appreciated.

Edit:
I played with Hekate. If I go to Console Info -> HW & Fuses, there is an info SKU: 83 - Iowa (Mariko) - Retail, does that mean it is Retail and not Demo version ? Could someone with Demo version confirm what they have there ?

Last edited by jarod666,

Randomgaming446

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im having some issues this keeps happening to me last time i booted it was fine i turned it on like 3 month later and this pops up so install 1.4.0 and i think this will work didnt i come back here for the patches i see some new one im excited and each time it give me the same error code will boot into hekate fine i just need to update it and booting in android was fine too
edit: just updated hekate and still no luck im gonna try a clean install of everything
edit: that works but i dont have the hbmenu

Attachments

• IMG-2787.jpg
    IMG-2787.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 58
Last edited by Randomgaming446,

marhalloweenvt

Trophies
XP
Country
im having some issues this keeps happening to me last time i booted it was fine i turned it on like 3 month later and this pops up so install 1.4.0 and i think this will work didnt i come back here for the patches i see some new one im excited and each time it give me the same error code will boot into hekate fine i just need to update it and booting in android was fine too
edit: just updated hekate and still no luck im gonna try a clean install of everything
edit: that works but i dont have the hbmenu
Mount your sdcard with Hekate bootloader, then:
  1. Delete folder 0100000000000081 in atmosphere/content,
  2. Delete btpair.nro in folder /switch
  3. Reboot and try booting emuNAND again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)