Hacking Question About 4.1.0

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we do have CFW installed, is it then possible to update the system without losing CFW like the 3DS does? If that's not the case would it be possible to play games that are intended for newer firmware versions with CFW?

That's where we have emuNAND for, for now atleast.
Only sciresM knows :P
Otherwise it'd be kinda pointless to have CFW if you still can't play the latest games yet :P

Reactions: blueYOSHI

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before the release maybe. But when it's out he will disappear for a long time. Even he said that. :D

It's a good thing Pokemon Switch is likely not releasing this year then. Even if it does, it will likely release in November and I bet he will have completed the cfw before then.

I assume you're gonna have to wait a while for CFW on 4.1.0, but not that long.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Anything could happen this year, multiple teams / individuals have discovered the switch bootrom bug.

For anyone who followed the 360 scene, out of no where ikari released freeBOOT 0.01 which allowed Jtag hacked consoles to reboot in to the 8498 dash, then shortly after freeBOOT 0.02 was released. This allowed unsigned code to be launched from the MS dash almost 4 years after the 360's release.

No hype or anything, it dropped one day and surprised many at the time.

The same could well happen with the Switch, either way its nice multiple groups are working on Switch related stuff. I'm sure good things will come to those who wait.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...