Hacking About online play on CFW (Switch)

DInkus3000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry if there is already a thread like this i just want a better explanation. i have a XAW1 switch and i want to mod it, problem is i still want to be able to play online because i enjoy games like splatoon 2. i want to know if theres a setup for: offline (CFW) and online (OFW). i basically want to switch between the two modes whenever i want to. im also a total newbie to switch modding but im following switch.homebrew.guide so if theres any tips i should know please tell me.

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, alot of people use sysnand (the systems nand) for online play without cfw. And use emunand (emulation of the nand from your sd card) for offline cfw stuff

This is the guide I used myself. But any good guide is gonna say pretty much the same thing

Also check out the extras of any guide for alot of good stuff Luke setting up emunand to block nintendo servers but still have internet access

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it depends but the easiest way to tell is once booted in. Go to settings and under where it says update firmware itll either be blank (no cfw running) or itll say somethings showing that your running cfw

Reactions: HalfScoper

bbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
been using cfw sysnand to play online (MHR sunbreak) and cfw emunand for for everything else.
Just make sure that:
exosphere is configure properly for this type of setup. and again make sure that you're using LEGAL games on your sysnand period.

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have one more question, if i boot into the sysnand how do i know if its still using CFW or not
A super simple solution is to use dark mode for on and light mode for the other. In my case, I have dark mode for CFW. But the safest way is to just check the system software version. CFW would have a modified software version showing.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Take a look at the firmware version. Atmosphère has a prefix for that. E=emuMMC, S=sysMMC (OFW).
1) not referring to his whole question and 2) just repeating what others said, even providing incorrect information.

sysMMC != OFW and in OFW (aka stock) it wouldn't even display the string underneath the update button.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol