Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
You get cash back with a receipt. Otherwise they give you a gift card with the total amount.
That's (supposedly) no longer true. Someone can lose their job over this. I mean, yeah, you CAN do this if it's like a few bucks, but you're given a max of three non-receipt returns per year, and you need a driver's license to do so. I forget if you need a SSN too. If it goes over the $5 grace limit, you can only get store credit instead. Only to discourage this kind of behavior (and to prevent people from stealing items off the shelf and coming back to get money for it).

But hey, I don't work with Walmart anymore, so I can't say anything. =P

I remember doing a return on a 360, and I had no way of telling if it was in good condition or not. If I had a way of taking it to my car, I would've done it! *cackle*

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the hardware has a serial # once scanned it will show it was never in their system as somebody has already said

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'd actually take the second choice, seeing how the new Arcades cost 200 bucks now.

Another note, is that in a Bestbuy around my house, so I was going around and looking at some games, and there was a Xbox 360. For some reason, there wasn't anyone around. Usually, there'd be a few people playing it, but there wasn't any. Turns out, it was RRoD'd. I laughed when I finally saw that..

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
playallday said:
QUOTE said:
One time one of my buddies pulled the switch a roo at walmart because his original xbox broke. He bought a new xbox with cash and swapped box on the old xbox and brought both back to the store (one with the serial code [old one] and one with the reseat but with the wrong serial code). Was it right to do? I don't know. But, was it right for microsoft to make him an xbox that would fail? Don't know that one either.

Hey you can do that with your 360 and I'm 99% it'd work! But I don't think its just OK to rip off someone.. just send it to MS.
I actually did the same with my old PSP, but with Maxi, and it worked flawlessly.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My friend is currently watching I think it's like a 4 something inch tv. Rather nice item. He really doesn't plan to buy it, it's a "loner" till he can get the one he actually wants. Can't recall where he's getting it. Might be Costco. The thing is, they have an iron clad 30 day return policy. It's not dishonest, he's just making use of a legally binding contract to his advantage. When they say things like "money back garantee" you can hold them to it even if it DOES seem mean.

So next month he takes the tv back, gets the same tv at the next Costco. That's another free month.

In some cases the deal is 60 days sometimes it's 90 days.

But when the store has it as written policy, it's legally binding. You don't need to invent bullshit reasons. You don't need to pretend it's not working. You just need to request them to honour the policy.

Granted, they can request you not come back
smile.gif
The thing is, most stores are not likely going to remember one schmuck among thousands unless your technique makes you too rememberable. So learn how to be polite and know your policy (because they don't need to help you to understand your rights).

Now the trick is you need a receipt and it is best if this is done by credit card (which likely eliminates most of you guys as kids rarely have plastic, and I recall reading too many threads of people complaining they can't even raise funds for a cyloDS let alone a 1000 dollar tv).
Still, try to have a receipt, because not having one means they really don't have to care what your problem is without it. They don't need to believe you bought it from them.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Panzer Tacticer said:
But when the store has it as written policy, it's legally binding. You don't need to invent bullshit reasons. You don't need to pretend it's not working. You just need to request them to honour the policy.

Granted, they can request you not come back
smile.gif
The thing is, most stores are not likely going to remember one schmuck among thousands unless your technique makes you too rememberable. So learn how to be polite and know your policy (because they don't need to help you to understand your rights).

Now the trick is you need a receipt and it is best if this is done by credit card (which likely eliminates most of you guys as kids rarely have plastic, and I recall reading too many threads of people complaining they can't even raise funds for a cyloDS let alone a 1000 dollar tv).
Still, try to have a receipt, because not having one means they really don't have to care what your problem is without it. They don't need to believe you bought it from them.
Except my OP and subsequent posts stated that I did NOT buy it from Wal-Mart, and I bought it a while ago, past any 60 and 90 day policy. I didn't buy it from them, which is why I said "abuse" the return policy.

alltooamorous

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if it will work, but I'd suggest you to try anyways.

I remember when I first bought my PS2 for its original price at.. $299? Exactly one week after it went on sale for $199. I returned it for a full refund and then bought it again for the cheaper price.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto