ROM Hack Ace Attorney Investigation (2): Prosecutor's Path FINAL [RELEASE]

honeybuns82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There were some posts on page 16/17 stating that there is a certain part for case 5 in which you need to use the microphone. The poster asked how to use the mic on Desmume -- which wasn't answered -- but another user posted a save state to bypass the mic event.

Anyways, if you want to use the mic function yourself but don't have a physical mic, you can follow these instructions that I found online. It takes less than a minute to set up and I tested it and can confirm it works.

....If you do not have a microphone connected to your computer you can use the DeSmuME emulator to simulate microphone input. Click "Config" from the DeSmuME Menu bar and select the "Microphone Settings" option. Click the radio button next to "Use Internal Noise Sample" or "Use rand() whitenoise" and then click "OK." Click "Config" and select "Hotkey Config" to map a button on your keyboard to the microphone function. When the game requires you to blow into the microphone, press the selected hotkey to simulate microphone input.

manifolded

Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanted to say thank you so very much. I'm on my way through case 4 and it pains to think that this game could have gone unplayed but for your hard work. Great, amazing job!

BigFae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, guys First and for most I would Like to say that this translation is on point. I've just recently competed the 2nd case. However, I was using Desume 0.9.10 and when i start the 3rd case the intro goes black. I've read the first post and downloaded the save files. So my dilemma is how do i go about using them for Desume 0.9.9?

EDIT: NVM I was using the wrong 0.9.9 version I was using x86 instead of x64. I didnt have a to use a save file sense it piked upright after I left off

OliviaLaura

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When I patch the .nds file and the .dps file, I end up with a normal file which I can't play on my emulator, I need to end up with a .nds or .rom file but how?

Houou

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey - first of all - fabulous translation. Can't thank you enough.

Second - here's a bug report:
Case 2, first time you talk to the prisoner in the special cell (not sure who they are yet, I just paused the game), they say:
"...and place me here in this cell."
but that should be
"...and placed me here in this cell."

RageStomper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you all for all of the time you have put aside just to translate it so we can play it. There are a few things that are still confusing me. I have downloaded the (Japanese) ROM, have applied the newest patch, and am using desmume 0.9.9.. But it still gives me the Japanese translation, even though I have already tried patching it several times. Is there a reason for this? Or am I just doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

dayjay

Trophies
XP
Country
Just started playing this on my IEDGE and it's working great so far! Have there been any notable errors reported since the beta's release?

Houou

Trophies
XP
Country
Suggestion: during Case 3, when Courtney tells DeBeste that she'll explain everything from "the top" later, which he associates with his last name (incredibly awkward pun), you could have her say "I'll explain the rest later...", and then Sebastian could say something like "Tell DeBeste the rest?" etc.

Auryn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
@ravjay: nothing game breaking apart the issues listed on the read me.

@Knocky: at the moment of this message, the patch was downloaded 40187 times and you are the only one having problems.

Niozerp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ravjay: nothing game breaking apart the issues listed on the read me.

@Knocky: at the moment of this message, the patch was downloaded 40187 times and you are the only one having problems.

No I'm having issues as well. The download won't start from the "manual" link. I can't get any files to download from FileTrip. Chrome is reporting some kind of network error.

I believe that FileTrip is having issues right now, but Knocky's not alone in his troubles.

etraininnj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I'm having issues as well. The download won't start from the "manual" link. I can't get any files to download from FileTrip. Chrome is reporting some kind of network error.

I believe that FileTrip is having issues right now, but Knocky's not alone in his troubles.

Add me to those having issues with the download as well :(

colgato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im realky sorry im asking this but how do you get those recovery save files to work?? the game doesnt respond to any of them i just want to start case 4

RageStomper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried re-downloading all the files (ROM, patch, xdelta etc.) But the problem still persists. After patchinng it still shows Japanese text, not English. Help?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Not sure if this suggestion has been made already, but I wanted to suggest to change Fahrenheit to Celsius. Fahrenheit is only used in the US while Celsius is used worldwide. And since this patch is made for people all over the world, it makes sense to use Celsius and not Fahrenheit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...