Not open for further replies.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Better than AA2 I can tell you that :P
I just hate how they removed the courtroom parts. Those were the best parts, it's so satisfying to expose the real culprit by badgering witnesses.
For that reason, AA:I is my least favorite Ace Attorney game. Though it was still worth playing and I enjoyed it, I didn't enjoy it as much as the other entries.

linkenski

Trophies
XP
Country
I just hate how they removed the courtroom parts. Those were the best parts, it's so satisfying to expose the real culprit by badgering witnesses.
For that reason, AA:I is my least favorite Ace Attorney game. Though it was still worth playing and I enjoyed it, I didn't enjoy it as much as the other entries.

I actually enjoyed AAI more than some of the main games but the lasting impression was just a bad one. The story and the writing sucked hard in AAI, and I fear, since it's the same writer, it's gonna be the same with Dual Destinies :(

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I actually enjoyed AAI more than some of the main games but the lasting impression was just a bad one. The story and the writing sucked hard in AAI, and I fear, since it's the same writer, it's gonna be the same with Dual Destinies :(
I liked how the cases were somehow connected. The other games didn't have that.
I didn't have any complaints about the story to be honest as to me that's not really what the games are about.

SolidMario7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a ton for your hard work everyone! But I will patiently wait for the full game patch. (for me it would make waiting for the other cases too painful) There’s a handful of series that hold special place in my in my heart; this is one of them. So thanks again for your continued work.

ILOVETOPLAYNESGA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that tears it. Need to finish the rest of the series up. :-)
Means that I need to open one of my sealed ones or just buy an open one...

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice to see some progress on the fan translation I thought they stopped working on it a long time ago, its good to see it hasn't. Keep up the good work!!!

kirokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Although I agree with that I find AAI's method even better.
It leaves you hanging on to the suspense of the real killer till the end. It might be obvious once in awhile but being more of an investigation it leaves to a more open world discovery as well as it's people related to the crime scenes.
I never did like the investigations on the original games, AAI makes them a hell of a lot better imo.

One more thing... were people hoping that this spin-off would have the exact same type of game-play style as the original?
Makes me wonder if part of the reason this game never made it ashore was because of people dismissing it as unworthy/not buying due to it's different play-style. The biggest complaint I'd heard was that "No courtroom-No buy" excuse which is really silly if you think about it. I also don't get why people are so quick as to dismiss a game just because it's a spin-off... if it has the same quality of work as the original. Differences are good, not everything always has to be the same.

Mythrix

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome!! Might just be the perfect game to play on my new Win8 tablet! (Have been looking for games that I can play on it in tablet mode without a keyboard.) :D

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
first of all I wanted to say THANK YOU! for working on this patch and good luck with the rest of the cases.

I wanted to ask two questions:
1) at the end of the two translated cases does it end abruptly like tales of hearts demo patch or can I continue the game with all but the story translated? (did you insert all the translated graphic and whatnot yet?)
2)to whomever understand Japanese and finished the game, does the story and/or gameplay far superior to AA:I or just the same thing? since I found the first game a little lacking compared to phoenix wright story&gameplay in general.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Although I agree with that I find AAI's method even better.
It leaves you hanging on to the suspense of the real killer till the end. It might be obvious once in awhile but being more of an investigation it leaves to a more open world discovery as well as it's people related to the crime scenes.
I never did like the investigations on the original games, AAI makes them a hell of a lot better imo.

One more thing... were people hoping that this spin-off would have the exact same type of game-play style as the original?
Makes me wonder if part of the reason this game never made it ashore was because of people dismissing it as unworthy/not buying due to it's different play-style. The biggest complaint I'd heard was that "No courtroom-No buy" excuse which is really silly if you think about it. I also don't get why people are so quick as to dismiss a game just because it's a spin-off... if it has the same quality of work as the original. Differences are good, not everything always has to be the same.
Originally, I thought it would be like Phoenix Wright, in opposite. They always showed Edgeworth in court in those games, yet they didn't show him in court a single time in the spinoffs.

kirokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Originally, I thought it would be like Phoenix Wright, in opposite. They always showed Edgeworth in court in those games, yet they didn't show him in court a single time in the spinoffs.

A courtroom is a place where most things are absolute and the events play out as such.
Outside of one it's all-goes. Bad guys get the opportunity to meddle, interfere, change and do further actions within their peers/environment to suit their needs.

Also you lie, they did show him investigate a courtroom in one episode. He did battle with Calisto Yew as well.

If you wanted to play as a Prosecutor in court then how exactly would that play out? Wouldn't it just be similar to the AA games and thus the same?

I for one am glad they decided on a different approach.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
If I were in the translation team, I'd be mildly peeved by random people going: "Oh, thanks for all the hard work you've been doing for 2 years, but I actually prefer the main series". They can't add the courtroom. If you don't enjoy it, noone's making you play it. These people have put in a tonne of effort and done a fantastic job, stop clamming up the thread with your irrelevant opinions on the game itself.

D

Deleted-236924

If I were in the translation team, I'd be mildly peeved by random people going: "Oh, thanks for all the hard work you've been doing for 2 years, but I actually prefer the main series". They can't add the courtroom. If you don't enjoy it, noone's making you play it. These people have put in a tonne of effort and done a fantastic job, stop clamming up the thread with your irrelevant opinions on the game itself.

tl;dr "stahp having differing opinions!!!11!1!"

And if you bothered reading past the first sentence of posts, you'd notice that people aren't saying "I 100% dislike AAI", they're saying "It's nice, but I prefer the main series."

rollingball

Trophies
XP
Country
first of all I wanted to say THANK YOU! for working on this patch and good luck with the rest of the cases.

I wanted to ask two questions:
1) at the end of the two translated cases does it end abruptly like tales of hearts demo patch or can I continue the game with all but the story translated? (did you insert all the translated graphic and whatnot yet?)
2)to whomever understand Japanese and finished the game, does the story and/or gameplay far superior to AA:I or just the same thing? since I found the first game a little lacking compared to phoenix wright story&gameplay in general.

1) You can continue on with the game but the rest of the cases will not be translated. Not too sure about the graphics. But do click on case 3. You're be able to see something special if you do...

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
tl;dr "stahp having differing opinions!!!11!1!"

And if you bothered reading past the first sentence of posts, you'd notice that people aren't saying "I 100% dislike AAI", they're saying "It's nice, but I prefer the main series."

This post is retarded on so many levels.

First: "tl;dr" to a two line post.
Second: "tl;dr" followed by "if you bothered reading"

Third: Basic comprehension

they're saying "It's nice, but I prefer the main series."

What I said:

people going: "Oh, thanks for all the hard work you've been doing for 2 years, but I actually prefer the main series.

You just paraphrased exactly what I said almost word for word, genius. Now who can't read?

Fourth: Complete inability to register the point, guess I'll have to dumb it down for you.

This is a thread about a translation patch, not a game. If you don't like the game, you can go and find a thread about the game itself and write your inconsequential opinions in there. It's as non sequiturial as me going to a thread about how to unlock an achievement in Uncharted and saying "I prefer Tomb Raider". All very well and good that you have an opinion that noone else gives a shit about, but it's off topic as fuck; if you feel so strongly about it that you just have to inform everyone, you should've posted that shit in the appropriate place 2 years ago when it was relevant.

Reactions: Arm73
D

Deleted-236924

Hence why you're saying "If you don't enjoy it, noone's making you play it", right? ;)
If you realized that they actually do enjoy it, then there is no reason to panic and tell them to not play it.

You keep going on about how "if you don't like the game..." when it was clearly stated they do enjoy it.

And I suppose you missed the part where they're actually discussing the game's translation and not just stating an opinion?

You might want to have a look at this, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...