Acekard Announced!

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK, all no patch solutions actually patch on the fly.This is why there isn't the kind of slowdown that Bram was talking about. They don't run completely clean dumps, which is why single card play still doesn't work perfectly. Its just about removing the hassle of PC side software.

melloncollie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I need to say this, but since I always do, I may as well say it again.

Slot 1 solutions < Slot 2 solutions for many reasons. They offer a FEW advantages with MAJOR drawbacks.

There is no real need for this type of product UNTIL more NDS games are released that use Slot 2 hardware addons (like the RAM pack) in conjunction with NDS games. Until that time, you may as well get a cart that can play NDS and GBA games because there is simply no need for Slot 1 flashcarts.
What's your logic behind that statement?

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to agree with him, but his logic is fine.

Also, I've never had a problem with download play on Supercard CF nor EZFlash4.

livefigga

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I agree using the gba slot is just better at the moment, you get to play nds and gba games, plus as of now it seems the gba slot hardware devices are more compatible with homebrew. Besides, not all of us with a DS started with a gba so maybe we want to go back and play some of the classics like yoshis island, the zeldas and etc whcih these new flash carts aren't capable of doing, right now.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There is no real need for this type of product UNTIL more NDS games are released that use Slot 2 hardware addons (like the RAM pack) in conjunction with NDS games. Until that time, you may as well get a cart that can play NDS and GBA games because there is simply no need for Slot 1 flashcarts.
Meh, Or do what all the cool kids are doing and get both!

Oh, and by cool kids I mean me!
tongue.gif

SlyGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think I need to say this, but since I always do, I may as well say it again.

Slot 1 solutions < Slot 2 solutions for many reasons.  They offer a FEW advantages with MAJOR drawbacks.

There is no real need for this type of product UNTIL more NDS games are released that use Slot 2 hardware addons (like the RAM pack) in conjunction with NDS games.  Until that time, you may as well get a cart that can play NDS and GBA games because there is simply no need for Slot 1 flashcarts.

Then why the hell did you buy a NDS? I have played GBA games ages ago with my normal GBA and GBA SP. DS is the future.

Some of us don't have a GBA. The NDS gives us the best of both worlds. Also, new games are coming out everyday on GBA. A new game may come out that you want to play, and you'll need a Slot 2 flashcart to do it. If you already have a Slot 2 flashcart, which I'm assuming you do, then chances are it can already do everything that a Slot 1 cart can and more. So why dish out another CAD$150 to get something that offers less?

Though I must say, to the poster that mentioned using the cart with both his Phat and Lite, that he sure has a good reason. Though you could just buy another Slot 2 for a lower price.
yaynds.gif

|WickeD&#12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i would have to agree with gamerguy here i mean i got the DSphat for one reason to play mario64 but since the evolution of flash carts and with a ez4 lite and my dsl, i have prolly played as many if not more gba games than nds games (catching up on backlog) and they still come out with gba games just as much as ds games. so imo if you really want a good flash cart id still go with slot2. but this does look nice i cant wait till there is more use for the slot2 than a rumble pack cause by the time these slot1 cards will have advanced enough to make em worth it. though acekards the best so far it seems like.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
GamerGuyDude is right I think, on the "best of both worlds" thing slot 2 has going for it. But I'll buy something like this anyway since I have a fixed-memory card right now, and would like a removable media option. Why not buy a slot one card and fill it with DS games, and movies and whatnot, and use the slot 2 card for a giant wad of GBA games? All that, with nothing "sticking out" would be awesome.

And btw, I don't care if they "gay it up", as long as they let me un-gay it, then re-gay it to my ambiguously heterosexual specifications.
wink.gif

SlyGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GamerGuyDude is right I think, on the "best of both worlds" thing slot 2 has going for it. But I'll buy something like this anyway since I have a fixed-memory card right now, and would like a removable media option. Why not buy a slot one card and fill it with DS games, and movies and whatnot, and use the slot 2 card for a giant wad of GBA games? All that, with nothing "sticking out" would be awesome.

And btw, I don't care if they "gay it up", as long as they let me un-gay it, then re-gay it to my ambiguously heterosexual specifications.
wink.gif

You know, I was thinking the same thing since I currently have a G6 lite. The only thing is that (at least for the DSlink) a flashed DS will reroute the DS to Slot 2 everytime, so you have to pull out the G6 lite to make the Slot 1 cart work. However, having seen a video of them selecting the AceKard (or was it DSXtreme?) from the main Nintendo menu like you would do for a regular DS game, perhaps holding select+start when you boot, you will be able to launch these carts without pulling out your Slot 2 flashcart.

However, as I said before, I see this card as a "nice to have" rather than a "must have" since I get all the major functions of these cards out of my G6 lite. Perhaps if the Wii/PS3 weren't on the horizon I would have more money to throw at the DS. Right now, I'm pinching my pennies for next gen consoles! If the Slot 2 begins to see more use in conjunction with DS games, I may reconsider. Until then:

2 Wii Controllers > Slot 1 flashcart
cool.gif

kohkindachi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
However, as I said before, I see this card as a "nice to have" rather than a "must have" since I get all the major functions of these cards out of my G6 lite. Perhaps if the Wii/PS3 weren't on the horizon I would have more money to throw at the DS. Right now, I'm pinching my pennies for next gen consoles! If the Slot 2 begins to see more use in conjunction with DS games, I may reconsider. Until then:

2 Wii Controllers > Slot 1 flashcartÂ
cool.gif

I got a G6, but it lacks something - the internal battery and the save functions. If Acekard has something better, i'll choose that.

slvrdrgn123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hope it's released soon cuz I need a flash kit ASAP. This seems to be the best choice since I really only want to use one slot and keep the original GBA dust cover. If it can play media and save games without power cycling (like M3), it's a winner for me. If not, I might have to go with the M3.

_DiGiTaL_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking forward to this Acekard as far as the NO Patching goes im not sure about it on Acekard or DS-X but it seems i would rather have Acekard over the DS-xtreme cause of its exspandable storage no crap 512mb limit. I'm sure 512mb is enough for some people but not me i like to have a variety of material on the go.

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll get whatever has a great review from here.. So far both DSLink and NinjaDS are seriously dissapointing..

DSXtreme seems to take forever just to run a game or homebrew app with stupid confirmation screens..

Hopefully this will be simple and effective..

luukcc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Slot 1 solutions < Slot 2 solutions for many reasons.?They offer a FEW advantages with MAJOR drawbacks.

There is no real need for this type of product UNTIL more NDS games are released that use Slot 2 hardware addons (like the RAM pack) in conjunction with NDS games.?Until that time, you may as well get a cart that can play NDS and GBA games because there is simply no need for Slot 1 flashcarts.

Then why the hell did you buy a NDS? I have played GBA games ages ago with my normal GBA and GBA SP. DS is the future.

Some of us don't have a GBA. The NDS gives us the best of both worlds. Also, new games are coming out everyday on GBA. A new game may come out that you want to play, and you'll need a Slot 2 flashcart to do it. If you already have a Slot 2 flashcart, which I'm assuming you do, then chances are it can already do everything that a Slot 1 cart can and more. So why dish out another CAD$150 to get something that offers less?

Though I must say, to the poster that mentioned using the cart with both his Phat and Lite, that he sure has a good reason. Though you could just buy another Slot 2 for a lower price.
yaynds.gif

Some of us have GBA(s) and GBA flash cards and just got a DS(s).
Slot 1 solution(with SD card and passme) make sense, because I can still use slot 2 for my GBA flash cards.

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what's stopping me from dishing out the 120 bones for the DS-X (if only it had expandable memory)... plus I read somewhere it's going to be $45. I think it's worth the wait - hopefully we won't be disappointed. Just wish they had more information about a US release and pricing on the official site. The US market is really too big to not be included in the distribution of this thing.

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wink.gif

yeah, can't you just use the passme option in the slot 1 card with a gba cart in slot 2 for all your gba needs? wouldn't that be the perfect solution? because the Acekard boasts 100% ds compatibility so just get a gba cart with 100% GBA compatibility for the best combination you can have. (correct me if i'm wrong)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1