funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
iluvfupaburgers said:
TehSkull said:
I don't see why people are so impatient. You gotta be pretty dumb to update the DSi without having someone else test first, or after seeing the warnings everyone made.

I'm say they should wait for the 3DS update, so they get 2 birds with one stone.
QFT

Thats plain silly. Not everyone has a 3DS so why should they have to wait for the 3DS update THEN wait for Acecard to find a patch for it - which could take weeks - then test said patch - again if Acecards other releases are anything to go by, again could take weeks - the release it. Meanwhile people with DSi's, which are more than those with 3DS's have to wait for the update which was to fix a DSi issue in the first place. Other cart makers are releasing their fix, so iI am not alone in this logic.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

OMG AKAIO 1.8.7 FIX DSi 1.4.2!!11!!1!!!

Ooh 1000 posts! How appropriate
tongue.gif

kenpachi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jabato said:
im starting to think they will release the update after the June 3ds update...

just got this reply from the acekard team... we're waiting till june 6th, then whenever they get it released. they don't wanna do one for the dsi then just do another for the 3ds. This really f's up my craigslist business for 3 weeks though...

Don't worry.We have finished the update patch for 1.4.2 system. You can find the video on http://youtu.be/sVvsShAX81c .

We just need more test to make sure that it will be 100% stable and valid.So please be patient.

We'll release this update patch on the official website at the begaining of June.

Because there will be a new firmware update for 3DS from Nintendo on June 6th.It will block flashcarts again.

But the update patch we are releasing for Acekard 2i will not be blocked by Nintendo's new firmware for 3DS.

That's why we plan to release it so late.So just be patient please.

- Show quoted text -

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
kenpachi said:
jabato said:

just got this reply from the acekard team... we're waiting till june 6th, then whenever they get it released. they don't wanna do one for the dsi then just do another for the 3ds. This really f's up my craigslist business for 3 weeks though...

Don't worry.We have finished the update patch for 1.4.2 system. You can find the video on http://youtu.be/sVvsShAX81c .

We just need more test to make sure that it will be 100% stable and valid.So please be patient.

We'll release this update patch on the official website at the begaining of June.

Because there will be a new firmware update for 3DS from Nintendo on June 6th.It will block flashcarts again.

But the update patch we are releasing for Acekard 2i will not be blocked by Nintendo's new firmware for 3DS.

- Show quoted text -
Wow -- can you show us the email?

Had a feeling about this.

DSdonkey77

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
oh, that sucks, how do they know what the 3ds update will be? I don't get it. Just watch this update not work on the 3ds one so this holdout will be for nothing. I hope not!

kenpachi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
kenpachi said:
jabato said:

- Show quoted text -

I just did show you it, it's everything below the asterix

mybutterfly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that they will not release this patch until June 6.
Just be patient because our cart is ak2i.
hateps3.gif

I just wonder why they do not release this patch right now and make another for the 3DS's updating?

jabato

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
90% of flashcart use the same trick to bypass updates and acekard will also be blocked no matter if the firmware is released or not. Do not expect an acekard update the 8th, they will do more "tests" and maybe with luck they will release a update the end of June. Acekard WAS the best price/support product, but now theres better alternatives.

kenpachi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jabato said:
90% of flashcart use the same trick to bypass updates and acekard will also be blocked no matter if the firmware is released or not. Do not expect an acekard update the 8th, they will do more "tests" and maybe with luck they will release a update the end of June. Acekard WAS the best price/support product, but now theres better alternatives.

Like what? For the price with AKAIO... maybe if everyone bugged them enough to release the 1.4.2 patch now and another for the 3ds then they would. they are being lazy. every other card put theirs out and will put out another when the 3ds updates, why the hell shouldnt they?

iluvfupaburgers

FUPA Luva
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
jabato said:
Right now any r4 clone supported by wood firmware is more cheap and have better support.
not true, since wood doesnt have the bypass ap feature that akaio has, so to play games you have to wait for the new wood update while with akaio you can play them right away. if you guys are so impatient, then get another card. i dont see the point of updating yet, since dsi 1.4.2 doesnt do anything right now other than block flashcarts. there is no new feature. and i can still play online with 1.4.1. so no worries. i do use a dsi, and im being patient since they did mention that there are limited amout of games for doing the firmware bypass. so if they can use less games to bypass firmwares. than it is fine for me. they can take a while until 3ds firmware comes out, there is no hurry in updating my dsi

kenpachi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iluvfupaburgers said:
jabato said:
Right now any r4 clone supported by wood firmware is more cheap and have better support.
not true, since wood doesnt have the bypass ap feature that akaio has, so to play games you have to wait for the new wood update while with akaio you can play them right away. if you guys are so impatient, then get another card. i dont see the point of updating yet, since dsi 1.4.2 doesnt do anything right now other than block flashcarts. there is no new feature. and i can still play online with 1.4.1. so no worries. i do use a dsi, and im being patient since they did mention that there are limited amout of games for doing the firmware bypass. so if they can use less games to bypass firmwares. than it is fine for me. they can take a while until 3ds firmware comes out, there is no hurry in updating my dsi

ya, except i sell them as a little side income and I can't sell carts I know people will break the first time they download dsiware which requires you to update. So I'm loosing prolly $500 bucks over the next few weeks...

Snailface

Trophies
XP
Email from Acekard team, according to Kenpachi:
QUOTE said:

I think this is significant a enough development to make a news story out of. I would do it myself, but I'm afraid to do it based on just one quoted source.
People need to know so they won't update until then. The Acekard team should be more forthcoming about this information.

Occam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Maybe we should start sending emails and pushing them so they release the 1.4.2 update when it's ready and then release a 3DS update separatedly.

There is many people with their AK2i blocked because they updated by accident or something. And the majority of the AK2i have DS and not 3DS.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Occam said:
Maybe we should start sending emails and pushing them so they release the 1.4.2 update when it's ready and then release a 3DS update separatedly.

There is many people with their AK2i blocked because they updated by accident or something. And the majority of the AK2i have DS and not 3DS.
Why in the world would anyone want to do that?
"Oh hay, here is the firmware update, but in less than a month we'll be working on another one anyways, so be prepared to update again. Rather than trying to do REAL fixing instead of changing the game AGAIN (not that the various clones are just burning those like candy), and just follow their lead and get another shitty icon for you all to moan about."

Also, try and think about. So let's just imagine that with the onset of a new firmware update, all of the teams start burning hard hours to get a fix within a couple days. Imagine being one of those people only to find that arses want you to release it instantly and tell you to once again rack your brain for another goddam fix less than a month later, ALL while being looked down upon by a large portion of the community which seems to hold the stupid imaginary idea that the AK team doesn't do shit.

Snailface

Trophies
XP
jurassicplayer said:
Occam said:

Why in the world would anyone want to do that?
"Oh hay, here is the firmware update, but in less than a month we'll be working on another one anyways, so be prepared to update again. Rather than trying to do REAL fixing instead of changing the game AGAIN (not that the various clones are just burning those like candy), and just follow their lead and get another shitty icon for you all to moan about."

Also, try and think about. So let's just imagine that with the onset of a new firmware update, all of the teams start burning hard hours to get a fix within a couple days. Imagine being one of those people only to find that arses want you to release it instantly and tell you to once again rack your brain for another goddam fix less than a month later, ALL while being looked down upon by a large portion of the community which seems to hold the stupid imaginary idea that the AK team doesn't do shit.

You make some good points, as usual, jurassicplayer. But couldn't the AK team simply let everybody know that they plan to wait instead of keeping everybody in the dark? They'd be flamed, for sure, but at least their customers would be informed and thus less likely to engage in rampant speculation in these and other forums.

In any event, the cat's out of the bag, so to speak.
tongue.gif

cats-out-of-the-bag.jpg

kenpachi said:
QUOTE(Snailface @ May 19 2011, 04:51 PM)

I just did show you it, it's everything below the asterix

I wanted a screen capture for verification, but I guess I can trust you.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I here ya there, I have too many myself, and have hard time letting them go, since most of mine I've modded at some point. Anymore I just play Switch on the go, seriesx at home.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ack my throat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I need to invest in some storage totes tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tots?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tootles
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tootles? Wtf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh tootles
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh totes , lol, like Tupperware storage, I gotcha
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm designing my own entertainment cabinet for my man cave, to store all my systems, then I'm also designing a power supply/HDMI switcher so I can switch to whichever system I want, and power it also. Already picked up the cabinet board, but tinkering with my drawings before start
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But yea, I have frogger arcade cabinet that I gutted and put a Pi4 then Pi5 into, but it never gets played much anymore, should sell it. Even when the kids come over, they don't want to play on it, just the xbox. TMNT and Simpson's arcade is still so fun on it, esp w 2 players.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gonna check out the new Garfield looks like garbage
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Can't wait to see the new "stick" that can actually play Ps3 or 360 games. I know they are getting close.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty didn't you see the new garfield?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah it's all animated I was hoping for some live action
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, yes i did
  • T @ TheSusKing:
    does anyone know if you can run android apps on a usb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean use a external usb thumb drive as storage? Yeah it depends on the phone
  • T @ TheSusKing:
    no, i mean if i could store the app on the usb so it doesnt take up my storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why do you ask?
  • T @ Texasauras:
    wtfff why are y'al shitting on me and super negative
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, dont worry im stupid too (or atleast dumb)
  • T @ Texasauras:
    lol im not selling it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: :shit: