Hacking Acekard on DSi 1.4.2?????

mybutterfly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RodrigoCamilo said:
We need to be patient, it's just 2 weeks for june to come (and hopefully my acekard hw44 will be updated to work with the 3ds *.*)

I wish god bless us.
But it seems impossible.
Two months has gone and we still get nothing.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kenpachi said:
Snailface said:
kenpachi said:
jabato said:
im starting to think they will release the update after the June 3ds update...

just got this reply from the acekard team... we're waiting till june 6th, then whenever they get it released. they don't wanna do one for the dsi then just do another for the 3ds. This really f's up my craigslist business for 3 weeks though...

Don't worry.We have finished the update patch for 1.4.2 system. You can find the video on http://youtu.be/sVvsShAX81c .

We just need more test to make sure that it will be 100% stable and valid.So please be patient.

We'll release this update patch on the official website at the begaining of June.

Because there will be a new firmware update for 3DS from Nintendo on June 6th.It will block flashcarts again.

But the update patch we are releasing for Acekard 2i will not be blocked by Nintendo's new firmware for 3DS.

That's why we plan to release it so late.So just be patient please.

- Show quoted text -
Wow -- can you show us the email?

Had a feeling about this.

I just did show you it, it's everything below the asterix
WHY I NO SEE NO ASTERIX?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111ONEOINEONEOENONEONE
asterix.jpg

DSdonkey77

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I emailed them and I got this answer:

Dear Acekard user,

Don't worry.We have finished the update patch for 1.4.2 system. You can find the video on http://youtu.be/sVvsShAX81c .

We just need more test to make sure that it will be 100% stable and valid.So please be patient.

We'll release this update patch on the official website at the begaining of June.It will also support the new firmware update for 3DS.

Thank you for your attention and being with Acekard.

We won't let any Acekard user down.

Kind regards

/

So, I guess that means they won't for sure, I went ahead and asked if they could release the two patches seperatly, but I doubt they will. I guess we just have to wait.

BTW, I know something similar was already posted, I just wanted to see if I got the same response
smile.gif

kenpachi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MaxNuker said:
kenpachi said:
this is total bs, release the damn hw88 patch and release one for the old one later if they have to. jesus every other cart was updated in a day this is ruining my craigslist busniess... you what screw them I'm switching to a new cart...

orly? let me just ask you a question: why are you still using your AK then? if you can't wait for a team that DOES test things roughly before they put it on the public, so their costumers can be satisfied, then you choose the wrong flashcart, you should get a r4 clone [sarcasm]

release a hw88 patch? and screw the hw44? i'd like to see you with a hw44 and the team sending out a hw88 patch and screwing hw44... i just would like to see your face...

they're 12 bucks... buy a new one. and there is nothing to test, it's a simple firmware update telling the ds it's a real game, they could do it a thousand times over. they are just being LAZY by waiting for the 3ds update to kill 2 birds. and i already told you, it's not that i want 1.4.2, but i cant very well sell a flash cart to someone and then when their 12yo goes online and downloads a dsiware game and updates to 1.4.2 and it suddenly doesn't work. and I can't tell them ya it works great except you can never download dsiware, at least if they updated i could tell them they'll have a while before they gotta bring it back in to me to update it. you'd be surprised how stupid most people are. downloading a small file and draging it to a memory card is far beyond most americans computer ability... it's sad. but they pay me $120 for a loaded 16gb acekard with 300 games, makes me a lot of money, and this interuption is pissing me off.

and the reason i still use the acekard is becaause it's a fantastic cart for the money, incredibly stable and blazing fast. AKAIO is superb. 12 bux for the card, and 22 for a 16gb micro off ebay. $34 bucks for over 300 games on 1 cart... it's fucking magic man what kind of stupid question is that? why do i still use the acekard... cause it's great. However they are being lazy in this particular instance.

DSdonkey77

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kenpachi said:
MaxNuker said:
kenpachi said:
this is total bs, release the damn hw88 patch and release one for the old one later if they have to. jesus every other cart was updated in a day this is ruining my craigslist busniess... you what screw them I'm switching to a new cart...

orly? let me just ask you a question: why are you still using your AK then? if you can't wait for a team that DOES test things roughly before they put it on the public, so their costumers can be satisfied, then you choose the wrong flashcart, you should get a r4 clone [sarcasm]

release a hw88 patch? and screw the hw44? i'd like to see you with a hw44 and the team sending out a hw88 patch and screwing hw44... i just would like to see your face...

they're 12 bucks... buy a new one. and there is nothing to test, it's a simple firmware update telling the ds it's a real game, they could do it a thousand times over. they are just being LAZY by waiting for the 3ds update to kill 2 birds. and i already told you, it's not that i want 1.4.2, but i cant very well sell a flash cart to someone and then when their 12yo goes online and downloads a dsiware game and updates to 1.4.2 and it suddenly doesn't work. and I can't tell them ya it works great except you can never download dsiware, at least if they updated i could tell them they'll have a while before they gotta bring it back in to me to update it. you'd be surprised how stupid most people are. downloading a small file and draging it to a memory card is far beyond most americans computer ability... it's sad. but they pay me $120 for a loaded 16gb acekard with 300 games, makes me a lot of money, and this interuption is pissing me off.

and the reason i still use the acekard is becaause it's a fantastic cart for the money, incredibly stable and blazing fast. AKAIO is superb. 12 bux for the card, and 22 for a 16gb micro off ebay. $34 bucks for over 300 games on 1 cart... it's fucking magic man what kind of stupid question is that? why do i still use the acekard... cause it's great. However they are being lazy in this particular instance.
I agree completly, I am 13 but fairly good at computer stuff, by no means an expert but I can do most things. I got a dstwo a while ago and all my friend fell in love with them, except they're too cheap to buy dstwo so I told that that for the money an acekard is the best. So, they had me set up orders for them (because online shopping is far too advanced) and set up the cards entirely for them. Now one of them updated to 1.4.2 even though I told them all specifically not to and are complaining because there card doesn't work. I just want an update to shut them up! It's really sad, when there is an akaio update they bring there micro sds to me to update, it's a pain in the ass for me to constantly reformat cards and copy 8gb of data, but I do it for them. I just don't understand why it's so hard for some people!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
kenpachi said:
they could do it a thousand times over. they are just being LAZY by waiting for the 3ds update to kill 2 birds.

this is incorrect speculation and its obvious that you do not understand how most flash kits get around the dsi blocks. by spreading false information you accomplish nothing but to instill fear and panic into the end-users that their chosen team will not support their product.

there are, in fact, a limited number of roms which can be used for the exploit that the acekard and MANY other flash kits use. their exploit works (in basic terms) by flashing the majority of an actual rom into the first layer. the dsi checks to see if the icon is in the known white list, it then asks the cart to respond with data from a certain location, it then boots the game. flash kits respond with the data and then boot their firmware instead. however, the acekard (and MANY other flash kits) are limited (because of hardware) to respond with the data from the rom which has been flashed. where other kits can be updated just for the data response. these are the kits that when updated do not have their icon changed, this is because even though that game is now blocked on the dsi the data the game responds with is spoofed via the newer method.

one day nintendo will block all known exploited roms and on that day the ackeard 2i (and other flash kits that use the exact same exploit) will cease to function on the updated dsi firmware. this may not be an issue for users who understand how bad the current offerings for dsi-ware are, but it is a concern if nintendo offers an update the firmware needs. much like the next update which will allow dsi-ware to be transferred to the 3ds (a stupid method, yes, but that is a topic for another discussion)

team acekard is not lazy, i know because i am in contact with them, normmatt, and smiths, on a daily basis in real time. they have, in fact, cracked the problem but are waiting to update because they are smart enough to know that every team who has just updated has wasted one of the precious few exploitable roms. it makes more sense, from a business standpoint and from a longevity standpoint to wait to release your update if you know, for a fact, that another dsi firmware is a month away.

please consider such facts before you make aggravated assumptions and then formulate your emotions into words that do nothing but confuse and cause dismay to our community.

-another world

mybutterfly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A.W, according to what you have just talked about, it is possible ak2i will be blocked for ever if nintendo updates its system once and once again. It seems not good for us to go for ak2i just for ds games.

D

Deleted-236924

DSdonkey77 said:
I agree completly, I am 13 but fairly good at computer stuff, by no means an expert but I can do most things. I got a dstwo a while ago and all my friend fell in love with them, except they're too cheap to buy dstwo so I told that that for the money an acekard is the best. So, they had me set up orders for them (because online shopping is far too advanced) and set up the cards entirely for them. Now one of them updated to 1.4.2 even though I told them all specifically not to and are complaining because there card doesn't work. I just want an update to shut them up! It's really sad, when there is an akaio update they bring there micro sds to me to update, it's a pain in the ass for me to constantly reformat cards and copy 8gb of data, but I do it for them. I just don't understand why it's so hard for some people!
You specifically told them not to update to 1.4.2, yet one of them did anyway.
It's his own fault that his Acekard cannot work, therefore it is not your problem.

DSdonkey77

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Pingouin7 said:
DSdonkey77 said:
You specifically told them not to update to 1.4.2, yet one of them did anyway.
It's his own fault that his Acekard cannot work, therefore it is not your problem.
good point, I'll just tell him to do wait or do it for himself!

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kenpachi said:
MaxNuker said:
kenpachi said:

As AW said, you clearly have absolutely no idea how this works. The Acekard 2i is a "first generation" DSi flash cart (it was the first one ever, after all). It works by using an exploitable ROM, such as Danny Phantom (1.4), Alex Rider (1.4.1) and DORASU (3DS). There is not a very large pool of these ROMs (and whoever thinks that all shovelware made for a quick buck and programmed incorrectly is exploitable is wrong). Acekard is smart enough to wait for the 3DS update and if necessary change the exploited ROM. If Acekard were to release it now Nintendo would know what ROM was exploited and fix it up. If they didn't, fill in the blanks.

You're obviously an impatient shit, so think about it like this:

option 1) you wait 3 weeks
option 2) they release it now, you play for three weeks, your cart is suddenly non-functional and you wait another 4 weeks

QUOTE(mybutterfly @ May 22 2011, 10:55 AM)
A.W, according to what you have just talked about, it is possible ak2i will be blocked for ever if nintendo updates its system once and once again. It seems not good for us to go for ak2i just for ds games.

Um, yes... there is a very, very, very high chance that the Ak2i and all REAL DSi carts will be blocked forever because of the retards that make clones.

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so both the dorasu 3ds update and the old 1.4.1 update are blocked in 1.4.2 or is it just the non 3ds update thats blocked?

also is the AK2i limited in its bootloader size? they realy dont have to swap roms everytime since all ninty does is add more verification sectors.

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
damedus said:
so both the dorasu 3ds update and the old 1.4.1 update are blocked in 1.4.2 or is it just the non 3ds update thats blocked?

Since you obviously didn't understand what I said, just forget about it...
you said they exploit a game to get it to boot, but all cards do that none of the cards out in the market can run without using code from an exploitable game. I mean if a freaking company decides to fully copy a rom as their bootoloader so no mater what checks ninty checks for it would be there then it would stop this cat and mouse.

jabato

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice post, but i will give you an example not related with future updates about BAD client support:

3ds released and they release a 3ds update for acekards(March).
HW44 acekards dont work, they say they are going to release another fix for hw44 after some testing
2 months after and still no fix
They dont answer my emails
They answer someone in the forums by email to buy a new one(HW88) if they want 3ds support now.

Im talking about a fix for a firmware ALREADY released not a new fix neither about the delay of the last update.

So, should i recommend it when they ignore part of their clients? I dont think so.

Another World said:
kenpachi said:
they could do it a thousand times over. they are just being LAZY by waiting for the 3ds update to kill 2 birds.

this is incorrect speculation and its obvious that you do not understand how most flash kits get around the dsi blocks. by spreading false information you accomplish nothing but to instill fear and panic into the end-users that their chosen team will not support their product.

there are, in fact, a limited number of roms which can be used for the exploit that the acekard and MANY other flash kits use. their exploit works (in basic terms) by flashing the majority of an actual rom into the first layer. the dsi checks to see if the icon is in the known white list, it then asks the cart to respond with data from a certain location, it then boots the game. flash kits respond with the data and then boot their firmware instead. however, the acekard (and MANY other flash kits) are limited (because of hardware) to respond with the data from the rom which has been flashed. where other kits can be updated just for the data response. these are the kits that when updated do not have their icon changed, this is because even though that game is now blocked on the dsi the data the game responds with is spoofed via the newer method.

one day nintendo will block all known exploited roms and on that day the ackeard 2i (and other flash kits that use the exact same exploit) will cease to function on the updated dsi firmware. this may not be an issue for users who understand how bad the current offerings for dsi-ware are, but it is a concern if nintendo offers an update the firmware needs. much like the next update which will allow dsi-ware to be transferred to the 3ds (a stupid method, yes, but that is a topic for another discussion)

team acekard is not lazy, i know because i am in contact with them, normmatt, and smiths, on a daily basis in real time. they have, in fact, cracked the problem but are waiting to update because they are smart enough to know that every team who has just updated has wasted one of the precious few exploitable roms. it makes more sense, from a business standpoint and from a longevity standpoint to wait to release your update if you know, for a fact, that another dsi firmware is a month away.

please consider such facts before you make aggravated assumptions and then formulate your emotions into words that do nothing but confuse and cause dismay to our community.

-another world

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
OMG ACEKARD SJUX WHERE SUPPPORT MY CRAIGSLIST BUSINESS EMPIRE IS CRUMBLING PICE OF CRAP SUPPORT DAMN THEM FOR TRYING TO TEST AND CONFIRM THE JUNE 6 UPDATE WILL NOT RENDER THIS PATCHING POINTLESS THAt'S A WHOLE TWO WEEKS FROM NOW AND I HAVE NO REASON TO UPDATE TO 1.4.2 ANYWAY SO WHY DID IT IF I KNEW ACEKARD NOT RELEASED ANYTHING I AM A MORON BUT I AM TOO MUCH OF A PUSSY TO KILL MYSELF SO I WILL BITCH ON A FORUM TO FORCE SOME FORM OF RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!

icet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all contacted the acekard team about the firmware 1.4.2 update and have got the following reply today

We have finished the update patch for 1.4.2 system. You can find the video on http://youtu.be/sVvsShAX81c .

We'll release this update patch on the official website at the begaining of June.

Thank you for your attention and being with Acekard.

We won't let any Acekard user down.

Kind regards

Hope this keeps you up to date

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the latin american fox feed doesnt air news, it airs movies and tv shows
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ah, I see.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i wasnt even born when fox kids/jetix was alive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also a couple years ago latin american fox got renamed to star channel
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry
    i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah sonic x, that show is valid
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (of course the mf with a sonic pfp would say that 😭)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you are not dumb or stupid, you need to stop saying that, you are very smart, even about alot of things I have no clue about. We all love you here, like a big family.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah @BigOnYa love me so much he started yelling at me for having my shoes on in the bed when he caught me with his wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, I don't want mud crumbs in my bed, and btw you left without paying your tab. Ill add it to next month but getting tired of extending.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope silent hill 2 turns out good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen that, hope so too, the first was so epic back then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Didn't look into much is it just a remake
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I can't even play them. I understand they trying to create spooky but be creative a little, not just darkness with pop out scare scenes.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, either that or mascot horror
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna watch gintama for the first time
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, I always turn the lights up on those lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Two studio lights for one horror game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Couch casting for horror
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: