AceNS official GBAtemp review

Banner.jpg

The latest in payload loaders for the Switch, we take a look at Ace3DS' first step into the world of Switch hardware.[prebreak]1[/prebreak]
Features said:
  • Work on all Nintendo Switch system versions.
  • Supports payload.bin directly, Maximum up to 6 payload.
  • Built-in 3 payloads: ATMOSPHERE,REINX and SXOS, easy to switch by pressing button.
  • Easy Management-It will be immediately recognized as a USB flash drive when connect to PC.
  • Good compatibility, supports WINDOWS,MAC OS and LINUX system.
  • Firmware updatable.
:arrow: Official Review

SuperNintendho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have an android, the most you need to buy is an OTG adapter or a USB-C to USB-C cable. I've been using NXLoader without a problem on my phone, really 10/10

That's your experience but it's not the case universally. I have multiple adapters including a usb-c to usb-c cable. NX Loader DOES work just fine with my personal phone, but the other 5 Android phones I have access to DOESNT work.

if I have to, just to prove a point I'll make a video later demonstrating that it only works with one of my phones and none of the others.

Last edited by SuperNintendho,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Have you even looked at the process to root a Nexus, or Pixel? Better hope you're doing it behind a UPS of some kind, and don't have to get interrupted at all. Seeing as the process literally wipes the entire phone's storage, meaning that if it's interrupted for any reason (power outage because of course the phones have zero battery life, or interruption somewhere), you now have a bricked phone.

I can't even start the process to root my G4, because even in 2018 LG wants to be petty as fuck and demand I buy an international model that won't work here. About the only phone model I could even want to get anymore is the unlocked version of the V20 (US996), and much to my dismay I found out there's even three separate sub-versions of that. if I get anything but the one with a country code of 'USA', i still can't unlock the boot-loader and actually do any of the cool shit that a rooted phone enables. And because nobody on XDA wants to make the effort to do it any other way.

And then there's this asshole known as Niantic, who decided to blatantly get around a loophole of accessing your phone (and SD card's) contents before you even have the opportunity of explicitly blocking the permissions for it, look for even empty folders that match something they don't like, and block you from even running the app. And of course Google won't do jack shit to them for it. :shit::angry:
Most Android devices are very hard to brick, even if the wipe managed to corrupt something you can just boot into fastboot (or the OEM's equivalent, like Samsung's Download Mode) and reflash it.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And then there's this asshole known as Niantic, who decided to blatantly get around a loophole of accessing your phone (and SD card's) contents before you even have the opportunity of explicitly blocking the permissions for it, look for even empty folders that match something they don't like, and block you from even running the app. And of course Google won't do jack shit to them for it. :shit::angry:
Oh yeah, they suck. If you use magisk, you can select to hide it from go, as well as hide magisk folders (have to go into settings). Both of those make it work for now. But yeah, them being able to look for other programs is really messed up.

Reactions: Subtle Demise
D

Deleted User

w h e n w i l l p e o p l e s t o p m a k i n g t h e i r o w n s t o l e n c f w o f a t m o s p h e r e

zepher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pardon them for wanting to employ some sort of Anti-cheat in their augmented reality game. Clearly they are the devil for doing so. However, what gets me is I'm confused as to why this is a point for you, considering the fact that you can't root your phone.

Well, I can understand the anti cheat however they shouldn't be doing it this way as that's violating the principles of having the permissions be a thing (just dont let it start if permissions are denied would be the "appropriate" solution (or anything but violating how its supposed to be done, it was put in for safety after all)

It took all of five minutes to go through the process on my Note 3. Rooting a Nexus is open heart surgery by comparison. And it still doesn't fix the horrendous battery on Google's iphone knock-offs.
Not sure what horrendous battery your talking about. Just got a pixel xl 2 (which works for otg switch booting btw without rooting) and it has better battery life than anything I've had yet. Even playing youtube vids. Probably going to root it soon, the option is there - usually I just install cyanogenmod, which is more a carrier restricted issue than a phone thing. Though samsung did try to lock down the gs3 more than my opo or pixel 2.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what horrendous battery your talking about. Just got a pixel xl 2 (which works for otg switch booting btw without rooting) and it has better battery life than anything I've had yet. Even playing youtube vids. Probably going to root it soon, the option is there - usually I just install cyanogenmod, which is more a carrier restricted issue than a phone thing. Though samsung did try to lock down the gs3 more than my opo or pixel 2.
S3 + Zerolemon battery (while Sprint network still worked) == 3-4 days of battery on average. With a custom ROM, I had four hours away from a full week on a single charge.
Note 3 (International model) + Zerolemon battery == 2 days of usable battery

Moto X Pure Edition goes from 100% to 0 in one hour of Pokemon Go
LG G4 does the same in 90 minutes

Nexus and Pixel phones are infamous for bad battery, and the sealed battery basically guarantees that it will never get any better. For me to even get through a day at work, I have to charge my G4 twice daily. I had to charge my MXPE three times daily. I need a phone I can actually upgrade the battery on. But guess what? ebay wants $400 for the cheapest used LG V20 that still works, and $200 for a "for parts" one with blatantly broken screens and lenses. And no guarantee that it's a model I can root.

Nowadays phone makers want to charge $1500 for a sealed phone that won't even last an hour of a day with me. For that kind of money, I'd rather just buy an effing gaming notebook and go back to using a landline. That's how tired of this bullshit with smartphones I am, at this point.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
S3 + Zerolemon battery (while Sprint network still worked) == 3-4 days of battery on average. With a custom ROM, I had four hours away from a full week on a single charge.
Note 3 (International model) + Zerolemon battery == 2 days of usable battery

Moto X Pure Edition goes from 100% to 0 in one hour of Pokemon Go
LG G4 does the same in 90 minutes

Nexus and Pixel phones are infamous for bad battery, and the sealed battery basically guarantees that it will never get any better. For me to even get through a day at work, I have to charge my G4 twice daily. I had to charge my MXPE three times daily. I need a phone I can actually upgrade the battery on. But guess what? ebay wants $400 for the cheapest used LG V20 that still works, and $200 for a "for parts" one with blatantly broken screens and lenses. And no guarantee that it's a model I can root.

Nowadays phone makers want to charge $1500 for a sealed phone that won't even last an hour of a day with me. For that kind of money, I'd rather just buy an effing gaming notebook and go back to using a landline. That's how tired of this bullshit with smartphones I am, at this point.
My lg v30 last for a while, but haven't timed it. If i want to play go all day, battery saver mode makes it last most of the day. Game is a little clunkier, but it helps.

As an FYI for anyone, don't charge while the phone is hot and you'll keep your battery life :P

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My lg v30 last for a while, but haven't timed it. If i want to play go all day, battery saver mode makes it last most of the day. Game is a little clunkier, but it helps.

As an FYI for anyone, don't charge while the phone is hot and you'll keep your battery life :P
If i have to leave a phone alone to charge, that's just forced downtime. And that doesn't benefit me or fit my work at all.

Frustratingly, I now have to start shopping for another phone again, because somehow the lens on my G4's camera got cracked. And since I can't root it, it isn't worth my time or money to repair the thing.

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
If i have to leave a phone alone to charge, that's just forced downtime. And that doesn't benefit me or fit my work at all.

Frustratingly, I now have to start shopping for another phone again, because somehow the lens on my G4's camera got cracked. And since I can't root it, it isn't worth my time or money to repair the thing.
Not worth my time or money? I replaced the camera lenses on my dad's g4 and it was less than $5 and 5 minutes. The g4s design makes it super easy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: