Hacking Action Replay MAX GBA / Max Drive DS DUO help!

G36cBossMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a action replay max gba/ds and deleted all the codes off it for some reason i forgot why anyway i want to add new codes to it but the problem is when i try installing the driver sofware i get a error messege saying drives were not installed sucessfully so it wont connect for me to add the new codes i have tried it on my house computer and my laptop still no luck is this a common problem? does anyone know how to fix this?

heres the one i have a picture i mean www.ebay.com/itm/Action-Replay-MAX-GBA-Max-Drive-DS-DUO-Gameboy-advance-game-boy-cheat-/110790853426

also what version of action replay is that?

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i actually still have one of those. o_o
If it won't connect, type it out on your GBA. (like how i still do...)

G36cBossMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried and i cant get the game i want to work i can find the right master codes its pokemon leaf green maybe its a diffrent version or something anyway i thought if i added the codes on to it when its connected it would get the right master code

EDIT: these are the codes im trying to get to work on it
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/918916-pokemon-leafgreen-version/faqs/28392

husky3g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. 10 years later and the solution was never posted. I guess for sanity's sake for the people with similar issues, the reason the drivers will not install is because Datel in the early 2000s-2010s included unsigned drivers within their software. With Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, you could not install unsigned drivers. In order to get a GBA Action Replay to connect to your PC, you'll have to use a Windows 2000/XP Virtual Machine (VMWare Workstation Pro did not detect mine, but VirtualBox did) to connect the Action Replay and load codes from the software.

To address your second issue, again for sanity's sake for people scouring the internet for solutions, when it comes to Fire Red and Leaf Green, there are two different versions of their ROMs, 1.0 and 1.1. You can tell which version your ROM/cartridge is by watching the title screen as the game boots. If the "Gamefreak" screen just says "Gamefreak" you have V1.0. If your title screen says "Gamefreak Presents" you have version 1.1.

FR/LG V1.0 codes will not work with V1.1 carts/ROMs because with revisions to the ROM, memory addresses in the ROM, which is how the Action Replay overwrites data to create cheats, are in different locations for each ROM version. You have to use 1.1/V2 codes (V2 as labeled by the AR Max Duo) and V1.0 codes with a 1.0 cart/ROM. It's one of the reasons why FR/LG cheats are hard to deal with online because people don't generally label which version the cheats they are posting are for.

Not sure if necroing is allowed on GBATemp, if not it would be a good time to close this thread, since this is the long-awaited solution to these specific problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He could make so much money!!! His arm would never get tired lol
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    How are yall doing
    +2
  • VXNlcm5hbWU @ VXNlcm5hbWU:
    Just had a pure banger of a sandwich there, was very nice
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what do you call a dog with no legs?