Hardware Actually had to replace mine today

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After fully playing SSF4 for the first time, i realized there was some strange issue with my D-Pad. I literally couldnt do any Special's that involved the Down or Left buttons. The game would detect Down and Left, but no Diagnal. (Though, i could do it back to back on the Analog Nub with no problem).

After getting my new one, the D-Pad seemed much more firm (The pad on my first one seemed to wiggle around).

Not sure if its an isolated incident or something, but might be worth checking with your's to see.

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wonder what's up with all the 3DS replacement incidents.

Not like the DS didn't have any, but I keep hearing people having some kind of issue with their 3DS, even if it's something minor.

Anyways, I hope your new one doesn't show any problems this time. I hope mine doesn't either.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The screen is slightly floppy, but i have dealt with worse.

On a side note, getting a 2nd 3DS to register on Club Nintendo is pretty sweet. (Though, the fact SD Card data doesnt transfer sucks

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Ssx9 said:

Not like the DS didn't have any, but I keep hearing people having some kind of issue with their 3DS, even if it's something minor.

Anyways, I hope your new one doesn't show any problems this time. I hope mine doesn't either.
It's because people are paying $250 for a freaking handheld and it should be perfect without a single issue at all at that price.

That's just like buying a brand new Lexus and it has a tear in the seat or a blown tire.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
Ssx9 said:

It's because people are paying $250 for a freaking handheld and it should be perfect without a single issue at all at that price.

That's just like buying a brand new Lexus and it has a tear in the seat or a blown tire.

Well put, for $250 you'd think it was the most well built handheld ever made.

note: I have yet to get a replacement for my loose hinge 3DS.

edit: people have to demand excellence, and not settle for the "its supposed to be like that, or well my DS is like that" schtick. We as consumers need to be have our voice heard.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I have no hinge issues. I have enother. When I press right on my D-Pad, it squeeaks. Like an old rocking chair. It's very irritating. I don't have to use the D-Pad much, but I might consider inquiring about a replacement or repair anyway.

In any case, all these issues stem from the fact thgat this is the first Non-Japanese batch of 3DSs ever. They've yet to work out all the manufacturing issues.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
I have no hinge issues. I have enother. When I press right on my D-Pad, it squeeaks. Like an old rocking chair. It's very irritating. I don't have to use the D-Pad much, but I might consider inquiring about a replacement or repair anyway.

In any case, all these issues stem from the fact thgat this is the first Non-Japanese batch of 3DSs ever. They've yet to work out all the manufacturing issues.
Is your 3DS black or blue? If it's blue then it's because of the paint and it will wear off eventually. But still, wtf.

Rockym

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dgwillia said:

On a side note, getting a 2nd 3DS to register on Club Nintendo is pretty sweet. (Though, the fact SD Card data doesnt transfer sucks

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
dgwillia said:

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, the D-Pad CAN use Diagnals. I can pull Hadoken's and Tatsu's back to back now. (Hell, i use D-Pad on MvC3).

The old pad literally wouldnt register 1 out of 10 times. (Unless i jammed on the pad, which made me an easy target mid input)

And i love the fact that after i managed to get enough points (Had 240 before i got the 2nd 3DS), they sell out of those awesome looking Red/Blue pouches ;(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1