Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp playable early for one Switch user despite delay

sadasdasdsad.png

Delayed once in order to "fine-tune" the game, and a second due to "recent world events", Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot camp should have been out two days ago, but is currently delayed indefinitely. Despite that, it looks like there's someone out there that's gotten their hands on the full game. A Twitter user by the name of killetheth claimed that their copy of the game, which had been pre-loaded "prior to what happened" was playing normally, as if it had actually been released. They posted a screenshot from the game using the Nintendo Switch Share function, meaning it was uploaded directly from the Nintendo Switch console, and also recorded 30 seconds of footage from the tutorial chapter.

According to killetheth, Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp was suddenly playable as of April 9th on their Switch Lite, after having pre-loaded the digital copy before the delay. Normally, when a game is about to launch on the Nintendo e-Shop, it becomes possible to pre-load the title around a week in advance. In this case, the game was delayed on March 9th, leading to confusion surrounding the matter, since it shouldn't have been possible. The user went on to explain that it was only playable on the Nintendo Switch Lite, and they couldn't get it to download or show up on their main Switch.

Currently, it seems like killetheth is the only one who has managed to load up and actually play the game.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thought this was a scuffed release but seems more like a funny edge case. I wonder how they got their hands on the preload.

Also I wonder, will the game ever leak online?

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I still cant get over how absolutely shit this looks compared to the originals. It looks like a cheap Saturday morning CGI cartoon that has no budget. If they ever decide to get off their arse and make a third game it better not have this shit art direction.
I'm pretty sure there's already a third game - Dual Strike, from memory. And a fourth, Days of Ruin, which has a much more serious tone than its predecessors.
Also I'd prefer crisp, cartoony visuals over dated, pixellated GBA sprites, myself.

Joeynator3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...I'm fine with the visuals as well...also hoping that Dual Strike will get a remake at some point. Maybe as DLC? I'm pretty sure they can work around the whole dual-screen stuff from the original, lol.

(...as for Days, eh, whatever, not a huge fan of that one. xD)

Reactions: Axido

Evilengine

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Y tho

How do he play gamz then?
How would modding help with playing it?
For it to be playable he needs to either get his hand on a cardrige, or nintendo released the preload somewhere and accidenty didn't change the release date for the somewhere in the system to unlock the key to use the preload, which probably got fixed shortly after.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You like it wrong +2