Hardware Advice: If you intend to hack the Switch if it ever can be; consider buying your games physically

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well no, but there were punishments for not doing them.
I never got paid for anything other than gifts for birthday/christmas. Usually didn't just get things for fun either, so if I wanted anything it was a birthday/christmas gift.
Though you can't blame my parents because we were poor af growing up, literally going off of church donation foods for quite a while.
funny cuz i get allowance for doing chores, but no christmas presents while ur the opposite.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
funny cuz i get allowance for doing chores, but no christmas presents while ur the opposite.
It wasn't a lot for christmas, at most the family got a console for christmas every so often. Max I got for birthday was a $60 Blue Snowball mic

Anyway back on topic, I'll probably keep buying physical copies because I can resell them if I ever stop playing them, and I can easily share them with other people.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The scenario was broken or robbed console, in this case it's actually required that you contact nintendo to perform system transfers without having access to the older console.
This will be interesting for the crowd that consistently preach that Nintendo consoles NEVER break and you can bounce them down a staircase.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I generally have been starting to avoid physical copies of games lately. i've had my pokemon Y lost for over a year now. and generally physical copies, when they break. they're done for. moreso with Disc based games than carts, but same applies to anything physical
I haven't had any of my physical game copies break or anything, they all still work but then again, you need to take good care of it.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will be interesting for the crowd that consistently preach that Nintendo consoles NEVER break and you can bounce them down a staircase.
I've never heard anyone preach that Nintendo consoles don't break. And if they do, they are dead wrong. The GBA SP and original DS had terrible hinges that likes to fail overtime. I've seen at least 3 3ds xl consoles broken at the hinge to. Really the hinges are usually the problem area for the latest devices made by Ninty. So I honestly hope they made the railing system between the joycon and screen on the switch sturdy af, otherwise I can see that being the main thing that breaks on the console, especially if dropped.

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Consider buying your games physically anyways because resale value.

The calculus changes the day download and physical games are differently priced.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never heard anyone preach that Nintendo consoles don't break. And if they do, they are dead wrong. The GBA SP and original DS had terrible hinges that likes to fail overtime. I've seen at least 3 3ds xl consoles broken at the hinge to. Really the hinges are usually the problem area for the latest devices made by Ninty. So I honestly hope they made the railing system between the joycon and screen on the switch sturdy af, otherwise I can see that being the main thing that breaks on the console, especially if dropped.
Well I I don't have any quotes for you right now, but they are generally about the consoles not the handhelds. We all know how crappy the hinges were on the DSL.

I have mostly seen it on Reddit recently and, you know, it's Reddit.:blink:

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
I always regret selling my games. Everytime. Even more so with consoles.
I sold all of mine when I was a youngster so I could afford new things...I want my old gameboy and others back :(

Reactions: foob

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I still don't understand the point this topic. People can sell their old stuffs and do whatever they want with the money, not just investing in new consoles.

If the OP got 300$ from selling his stuffs, then he must have spent way more than that, maybe 500-600$. In the end he still lost a lot of money. It's not like he got 300$ out of nowhere for the upcoming Nintendo Switch.

And how is this related to the decision of hacking your console or not? If the hack is available, why not do it, even if you have 1 or 100 physical games?

Last edited by windhazard,

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still don't understand the point this topic. People can sell their old stuffs and do whatever they want with the money, not just investing in new consoles.

If the OP got 300$ from selling his stuffs, then he must have spent way more than that, maybe 500-600$. In the end he still lost a lot of money. It's not like he got 300$ out of nowhere for the upcoming Nintendo Switch.

And how is this related to the decision of hacking your console or not? If the hack is available, why not do it, even if you have 1 or 100 physical games?
The OP's point is even though he is selling all of his games because he has a hacked console he gets to keep them digitally as well.

Say you had a vacation home and the market crashed and you sold it for half what you paid. But as a condition of the sale you still get to use it two weeks out of the year like you did before.

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The OP's point is even though he is selling all of his games because he has a hacked console he gets to keep them digitally as well.

Say you had a vacation home and the market crashed and you sold it for half what you paid. But as a condition of the sale you still get to use it two weeks out of the year like you did before.
So in the end, he's still a pirate, because he kept on using "digital version" of what he sold, right? It's not like he owns them legally anymore. Other pirates can just wait till the hack becomes available and starts playing "backups" aswell. My point still stands, that installing hacks has nothing to do with buying them or not.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this advice work for my new PS4 too or just the switch?...

Jokes aside... Of course you can always pirate the games once you hack the system and sell the ones you don't want to keep... Don't really know if this topics really neess it's own thread lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT