Hacking Advice upgrading from 4.4 with rxTools

Wisenheimer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used my Old 3DS is a while. It have two SD cars with emuNAND, one "legit" and the other which I use for homebrew, but I understand that rxTools does not work on the latest 3DS firmware. I've been reading the forum and I think right now I want to keep the emuNAND for now and switch to Luma. Do I have to upgrade the system NAND to 9.2 first? What is the best way of going about this?

Sorry, I haven't really used my 3DS in almost two years but I bought the new Metroid game and I want to play it while still keeping the option of booting into my emuNAND for homebrew.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Don't upgrade your sysNAND just yet. You need it on that exploitable OFW in order to install B9S.
Just follow the guide
http://3ds.guide/
The Guide even explains how to flash your emuNAND to your sysNAND

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, but my InScripted AIO does it in fewer steps, only requires one download, and only takes one trip to the PC. Plus it offers more options. Like the ability to pick a default payload, multiple CFWs and apps pre-setup on the chainloader, scripts to configure your hotkeys, etc. It also includes a script for transferring EmuNAND to SysNAND (not difficult to do manually, but it's there if you find it convenient). You can find it on that iso site in the "CFW Discussion" section.

Once you have it, just copy the contents of the "O3DS" folder in "B9S Configurations" to your system's internal SD card. Then copy over the contents of the "Installers\One & Done" folder to the card. Then put the SD card back in the 3DS and go to the homebrew menu like you usually do. Make sure wifi is on, and run the "udsploit" app, and when the text stops scrolling hit start. Then run SafeHax. In 15 to 30 seconds, you should see an install menu with the first option "Install B9S" highlighted. Just select it with A. When it's done, you should see Luma's configuration screen. Configure Luma as described in step 8 of the included instructions. You now have everything. Or if you already followed the previously-linked guide, just copy the configuration over for a much more complete setup.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna have to second this. 3ds.guide is the recommended way to go

For now it is. But how is that supposed to change if no one wants to give my AIO a chance? What? The scene can only advance when Plaillect says it can advance now? It's not like I just threw something together in 5 minutes. My AIO took pretty much all of my free time last month to create. I've spent countless hours testing my scripts and methods. And the results from users speak for themselves. My AIO will be the recommended way to go within a few months as word of mouth spreads. The guide was good for it's time, just like rxTools. But it has failed to fully and properly make use of the new innovations that have been added to Godmode9 that greatly simplify the process.

Haymose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The average noob user is not interested in multiple cfws or whatever they just want the easiest most straight forward way to do it. Just mentioning a script is going to push away many users.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
For now it is. But how is that supposed to change if no one wants to give my AIO a chance? What? The scene can only advance when Plaillect says it can advance now? It's not like I just threw something together in 5 minutes. My AIO took pretty much all of my free time last month to create. I've spent countless hours testing my scripts and methods. And the results from users speak for themselves. My AIO will be the recommended way to go within a few months as word of mouth spreads. The guide was good for it's time, just like rxTools. But it has failed to fully and properly make use of the new innovations that have been added to Godmode9 that greatly simplify the process.
Plailect's guide has dozens of contributors all checking for errors and correcting them. It has the support of the devs so changes in the scene are reflected in a matter of minutes. Therefore it is robust. Nothing else can really compete, unless you get the devs to all convert or create your own scene.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly you seem like you do good work but you have sort of a superiority complex in here. The diction of your replies imply that your stuff is "better" than the established "bible". I'm just making an observation since every single thread you post on you attempt to push some sort of program/pack you've made. Don't bite my head off, I'm just trying to offer a reason as to why no one is "giving you a chance".

Reactions: Quantumcat

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The average noob user is not interested in multiple cfws or whatever they just want the easiest most straight forward way to do it. Just mentioning a script is going to push away many users.

The guide uses two scripts to perform a tiny portion of the process. My method uses one standalone script runner (it runs itself, no going into the GM9 scripts menu even) to perform almost all of it. The extra stuff adds no steps. It's just there if you want it. I have the least steps and least trips to the PC.

Honestly you seem like you do good work but you have sort of a superiority complex in here. The diction of your replies imply that your stuff is "better" than the established "bible". I'm just making an observation since every single thread you post on you attempt to push some sort of program/pack you've made. Don't bite my head off, I'm just trying to offer a reason as to why no one is "giving you a chance".

Believe me, it's not that I feel superior to anyone (OK, maybe some people, but at least I'm honest about it). d0k3 is the one that made all of this possible. I have just made good use of what he gave me. And yes, I do believe that what I've come up with is better and easier. It's not that I think Plaillect couldn't come up with the same things. For the moment, though, I've beat him to several simplifications (not the least of which being merging installing, copying Luma to CTRNAND, and cleanup into a single app). And if I don't take pride in my own work, then who's going to want to use it? I'm finally able to create something useful thanks in no small part to d0k3. And yes, I'm proud of it. And if I don't try to plug it when I can, who else is going to? Everyone else is trying to "push some sort of" guide they treat as holy scripture after all.

Plailect's guide has dozens of contributors all checking for errors and correcting them. It has the support of the devs so changes in the scene are reflected in a matter of minutes. Therefore it is robust. Nothing else can really compete, unless you get the devs to all convert or create your own scene.

Well, those dozens all missed some key opportunities d0k3 has provided over the past month to simplify the process. You could at least have a look before you blindly write it off. I've got a very clean install process with less steps. And if Plaillect or those dozens want to use any parts of it, they're more than welcome to.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: MoM, I don't have to do homework, anymore :D:blush::D